• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017

Urgh anecdotal I know but frustrating the idea of her being "unelectable" limits her chances when people like her policies

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Urgh anecdotal I know but frustrating the idea of her being "unelectable" limits her chances when people like her policies

Her policies are incredible and hope any Dem president takes them up, but as unfair as it is presidential primaries are just one big popularity contest where the candidate who can generate the most excitement is the one that always wins.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

In other words if everyone who wanted to vote for her voted for her, she would be elected. So she's not unelectable beyond people thinking she must be because she's a policy focused woman.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ratio is disgusting. How exactly is Chelsea a failure?

I hope you posted that to show how stupid and misogynistic people are.
What's disgusting about it?
No for real, let's break it down.
She's one of the most privileged people in the history of the world, I mean yeah, someone was mean to her, but this does not threaten or harm her in any meaningful way.
And yet lo an behold, everyone that looks the other way when muslim people get shat on are jumping to defend her feelings.

Fuck everything about that.
I still have no idea why she was even there.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm gonna make a cartoon comic of people on ERA tweeting stupid tweets from random people with no context; thinking that because there is a dipshits tweet somewhere to back up their views, that they are valid

Cause it's become an epidemic of people drive-by posting rando twitter handles with hot takes. Its like vicariously giving a hot take without actually having the mental wherewithal to give one!

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Good point about the crazy angle I agree, the dude who posted this tweet is an idiot.

Funny thing about that (and this is not AT ALL to defend the use of able-ist language) is that idiot used to be a term for someone who is mentally impaired. Same as moron. It's odd to think about how loaded our language is with terms that were derogatory towards a specific group of people.

Nimrod is a hebrew word for hunter although its transition to a slur seems to, surprisingly, be devoid of anti-semitism (per wiktionary, nimrod was adopted by English speakers as a neutral word for hunters, and then in the 30s between Elmer Fudd and a dim-witted hunter in a Steinbeck novel seems to have been popularized as a term for idiot).

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
She's one of the most privileged people in the history of the world, I mean yeah, someone was mean to her, but this does not threaten or harm her in any meaningful way.
And yet lo an behold, everyone that looks the other way when muslim people get shat on are jumping to defend her feelings.

Preach. What about Muslims' feelings toward the bullshit drama she helped create with her comments to Ilhan? Suddenly Muslims' voices don't count. They are Crazy Bernie people or whatever.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
both things can be bad at once you know
I don't think that shitting on a very marginalized group people is the same as being mean to a super privileged rich white person.
I'm sorry, I just don't.
And had I sees the same people who rush to defend Chelsea Clinton do the same when the first Muslim woman in congress faced vicious racists attacks just a couple of weeks ago, you might have had a point. But most of the people who rush to save Clinton from.... what exactly? feeling bad for a bit? were either mum or join in the attack on Ilhan Omar.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
I don't think that shitting on a very marginalized group people is the same as being mean to a super privileged rich white person.
I'm sorry, I just don't.
And had I sees the same people who rush to defend Chelsea Clinton do the same when the first Muslim woman in congress faced vicious racists attacks just a couple of weeks ago, you might have had a point. But most of the people who rush to save Clinton from.... what exactly? feeling bad for a bit? were either mum or join in the attack on Ilhan Omar.

Or maybe some of those people had good faith criticisms of Omar, were happy when she apologized, and defended her against the second round of bullshit, but are also upset about people getting harassed for no fucking reason

I don't give a fuck how rich or white she is, she doesn't deserve to get accosted by fucking crazy assholes for having good faith criticism. Not everyone who wasn't thrilled with Omar's initial comments is your fucking enemy, dude. Jesus.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Two things. Her husband is jewish and her kids are raised Jewish which is why she said anything at all.

She and Illhan have talked before she was even in office and they know each other.

She runs one of the cleanest Charities in the world and maybe privileged but I aint gonna shit on someone just because they are privileged if they aint never do shit to fuck with me. Should she pay more taxes and the laws should be more even but other that I aint got no beef for her.

She aint start shit and she didn't show up for the dogpile that happened later and even came out and told Pence and Trump aint shit but Illhan had some humility but the two of them aint nothing but a pair of Racist Islamaphobes.

But yeah just shit on her to make yourself feel better.

Also she was called by the people giving the Vigil to come and she waddled her pregnant ass over there because people wanted her there, She didn't just show up.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Or maybe some of those people had good faith criticisms of Omar, were happy when she apologized, and defended her against the second round of bullshit, but are also upset about people getting harassed for no fucking reason

I don't give a fuck how rich or white she is, she doesn't deserve to get accosted by fucking crazy assholes for having good faith criticism. Not everyone who wasn't thrilled with Omar's initial comments is your fucking enemy, dude. Jesus.

Pretty much. But let just offer up Chelsea to be someones punching bag even if she don't deserve it.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
There's a difference between criticism and harassment, dude. That idiot at the vigil was harassing her.
I'm sorry but if you make comments like she did of Ilhan - a duly elected Congresswoman from Minnesota - you open up for criticism. Maybe not have forced Ilhan to go on a fucking apology tour because your privileged little world was shattered.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but if you make comments like she did of Ilhan - a duly elected Congresswoman from Minnesota - you open up for criticism. Maybe not have forced Ilhan to go on a fucking apology tour because your privileged little world was shattered.
Nothing she said about Ilhan opened her up to be attacked for causing a mass shooting in NZ while she was at a vigil to honor victims.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

OK, so because I criticized Omar the first time around, I deserve to get accosted and berated in public, and blamed for a mass shooting? You're a piece of work.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think as long as you continue to ignore the race, privilege and wealth of the people we're talking about you are going to continue missing the point.
Talking shit about rich powerful people is not nearly the same as talking shit about marginalized people.
Chelsea Clinton or white women are not harmed in any shape or form by the fact that this woman was mean to her, in fact, the only person who faced any negative consequence from any of that stuff is her, and that was the obvious outcome from the second that video surfaced.

And yet everyone that always looks the other way when Muslims are getting attacked in ways that are extremely harmful are jumping to her defense.

There was zero reason for her to be there anyway.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Are we not allowed to criticize politicians now? Better shut this fucking thread down then.

I think as long as you continue to ignore the race, privilege and wealth of the people we're talking about you are going to continue missing the point.
Talking shit about rich powerful people is not nearly the same as talking shit about marginalized people.
Chelsea Clinton or white women are not harmed in any shape or form by the fact that this woman was mean to her, in fact, the only person who faced any negative consequence from any of that stuff is her, and that was the obvious outcome from the second that video surfaced.

And yet everyone that always looks the other way when Muslims are getting attacked in ways that are extremely harmful are jumping to her defense.

Except for the fact that the organizers of the vigil invited her. But facts, when inconvenient, can be ignored, right? I'm sure there are some people that would've criticized her for not going if she hadn't.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Two things. Her husband is jewish and her kids are raised Jewish which is why she said anything at all.

She and Illhan have talked before she was even in office and they know each other.

She runs one of the cleanest Charities in the world and maybe privileged but I aint gonna shit on someone just because they are privileged if they aint never do shit to fuck with me. Should she pay more taxes and the laws should be more even but other that I aint got no beef for her.

She aint start shit and she didn't show up for the dogpile that happened later and even came out and told Pence and Trump aint shit but Illhan had some humility but the two of them aint nothing but a pair of Racist Islamaphobes.

But yeah just shit on her to make yourself feel better.

Also she was called by the people giving the Vigil to come and she waddled her pregnant ass over there because people wanted her there, She didn't just show up.
So what? Ashley Feinberg is Jewish and she stood with Ilhan every step of the way. Bernie is also Jewish and stood with Ilhan with every step of the way. There are thousands of people who are Jewish and fully supported Ilhans comments - both the initial and the secondary. They fully recognized her context, I stead of fucking grandstanders like Chelsea, Schumer and even House Dems who tarred and feathered her because DECORUM was not followed when addressing AIPAC.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Are we not allowed to criticize politicians now? Better shut this fucking thread down then.

Except for the fact that the organizers of the vigil invited her. But facts, when inconvenient, can be ignored, right? I'm sure there are some people that would've criticized her for not going if she hadn't.
Red herring much? Criticize her for actual shit. If she says she supports terrorist group or something (or even Trump for that matter). Let's not criticize her for something that is a wholly fabricated drama made of out crocodile tears of grandstanding bullshitters and mainstream media as a whole.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

And as long as you continue to handwave the harassment of women, you continue to miss the point. I don't give a fuck how rich, poor, black, white, or anything else you are.

NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HARASSED AND BULLIED IN PUBLIC, ESPECIALLY SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING WRONG

You think Omar'd be happy about this? People weaponizing her name to harass other women? Fuck outta here with that.

And she can be wherever the fuck she wants. It's a free country.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what? Ashley Feinberg is Jewish and she stood with Ilhan every step of the way. Bernie is also Jewish and stood with Ilhan with every step of the way. There are thousands of people who are Jewish and fully supported Ilhans comments - both the initial and the secondary. They fully recognized her context, I stead of fucking grandstanders like Chelsea, Schumer and even House Dems who tarred and feathered her because DECORUM was not followed when addressing AIPAC.
Please answer me this.....because Chelsea respectability disagreed with Ilhan and Ilhan herself responded calmly to Chelsea as well and seemed to hold no anger towards Chelsea....

That makes it acceptable to harass and attack her at a vigil and tell her she is responsible for 49 dead lives?

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

yep all us fuckin kikes should just shut the fuck up any time someone accidentally invokes antisemitic tropes and not try to guide them in the right direction

everything's fine for jewish people after all

(And that goes for any ethic group. If someone on my side was invoking anti-Muslim tropes you'd bet I'd be on their ass too)

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
She had no reason to be there. If she wanted to show solidarity with us, she would have been better served reflecting on how her words and her platform impacts marginalized groups. Miss me with all this tone policing and decorum bullshit.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Please answer me this.....because Chelsea respectability disagreed with Ilhan and Ilhan herself responded calmly to Chelsea as well and seemed to hold no anger towards Chelsea....

That makes it acceptable to harass and attack her at a vigil and tell her she is responsible for 49 dead lives?
"Respectably disagreed" led to a resolution that was essentially a censure of Ilhan Omar. The first Muslim American Congresswoman. How does that make Muslims feel? Chelsea's words matter and carry weight. She got to tangle with a US Congresswoman. Don't think she can hide behind bubu I have nothing to do with it.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You don't get to explain to a group of marginalized people how they should feel about anything. Ever. Period.
It doesn't matter if some subset of that group doesn't feel there was an issue. Like, what the fuck.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Respectably disagreed" led to a resolution that was essentially a censure of Ilhan Omar. The first Muslim American Congresswoman. How does that make Muslims feel? Chelsea's words matter and carry weight. She got to tangle with a US Congresswoman. Don't think she can hide behind bubu I have nothing to do with it.
She had nothing to do with it because this young woman accused her of being responsible of 49 people being murdered. Of course she had nothing to do with that.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And as long as you continue to handwave the harassment of women, you continue to miss the point. I don't give a fuck how rich, poor, black, white, or anything else you are.

NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HARASSED AND BULLIED IN PUBLIC, ESPECIALLY SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING WRONG

You think Omar'd be happy about this? People weaponizing her name to harass other women? Fuck outta here with that.

And she can be wherever the fuck she wants. It's a free country.
Hold up, "harassment of women"?
Is your argument that this is misogyny related somehow?
I don't want to be accused of misrepresenting what your saying, so maybe clarify that shit a bit.

p.s.
"NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HARASSED AND BULLIED IN PUBLIC, ESPECIALLY SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING WRONG"
So like the person who tossed an egg at the racist motherfucker in Australia is in the wrong?
Also, surely you realize that she think she did something wrong here, I mean, she fucking told her what it is.

p.p.s.
She's not bullied, people without power cannot bully people with power. Someone was mean to her, and that someone is gonna get punished for that. That's all that happened.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
If you need more reasons to support Mayor Pete !!!

D1yyNpxXQAIAx_g.jpg

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
the "why was she even there?" criticisms are super weird. why does anyone go to a vigil in memory of strangers? plus if she'd been invited and declined, people would've talked about how the out-of-touch clinton didn't give a damn about the dead. is the argument that people hate her mother so she should vanish forever?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up, "harassment of women"?
Is your argument that this is misogyny related somehow?
I don't want to be accused of misrepresenting what your saying, so maybe clarify that shit a bit.

p.s.
"NO ONE DESERVES TO BE HARASSED AND BULLIED IN PUBLIC, ESPECIALLY SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING WRONG"
So like the person who tossed an egg at the racist motherfucker in Australia is in the wrong?
Also, surely you realize that she think she did something wrong here, I mean, she fucking told her what it is.

p.p.s.
She's not bullied, people without power cannot bully people with power. Someone was mean to her, and that someone is gonna get punished for that. That's all that happened.

This is fucking bullshit. It's like saying the twitter trolls cant bully famous people because they are famous. And also comparing Chelsea clinton to that shitstain in Australia shows where this is going

I seriously cannot believe the shit I'm reading right now and I was behind Ilhan all the way

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Repeatedly downplaying antisemitism, antagonizing other members, and a history of severe infractions
no you do because jews have money and therefore are not marginalized, duh
How are Jews marginalized in the US?
Seriously, can you answer me that?
We are over-represented in any place of power that matter, we have better economic outcomes than average and Jews have better public opinion about them than any religious group in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.