• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until the next GOP convention when hundreds of people in the crowd are wearing clown wigs and honking their red noses and chugging milk whenever Trump says something.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of these Dems running have no shot and are being seriously dishonest to a lot of people by pretending they have viable paths to the nomination, much less 270.

That 1% poll threshold is gonna let way too many people qualify. Should have just been the donation qualification.
Well you have to clear both, it can't be just one or the other.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
I was always suspicious of geese (with their epynomous stepping) but it's nice to finally have confirmation they are fucking nazis like I suspected.
247.png

honk.jpg

Skeeter too!

Last edited:

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of these Dems running have no shot and are being seriously dishonest to a lot of people by pretending they have viable paths to the nomination, much less 270.

Well you have to clear both, it can't be just one or the other.
It is one or the other.

"A candidate will either need to register at least 1 percent in three different polls in 2019, 14 days prior to the debate or raise money from at least 65,000 unique donors, having a minimum of 200 contributors in each of at least 20 states."

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, now jr. has jumped on the "can't be a white supremacist if you're a Jew" bandwagon.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, now jr. has jumped on the "can't be a white supremacist if you're a Jew" bandwagon.
They should ask Jews what they think of Stephen Miller. Someone like, I don't know, his uncle.

Stephen Miller is an immigration hypocrite.

I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, an educated man who is well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family's life in this country.

I shudder at the thought of what would have become of the Glossers had the same policies Stephen so coolly espouses— the travel ban, the radical decrease in refugees, the separation of children from their parents, and even talk of limiting citizenship for legal immigrants — been in effect when Wolf-Leib made his desperate bid for freedom. The Glossers came to the U.S. just a few years before the fear and prejudice of the "America first" nativists of the day closed U.S. borders to Jewish refugees. Had Wolf-Leib waited, his family likely would have been murdered by the Nazis along with all but seven of the 2,000 Jews who remained in Antopol. I would encourage Stephen to ask himself if the chanting, torch-bearing Nazis of Charlottesville, whose support his boss seems to court so cavalierly, do not envision a similar fate for him.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
lol

Regarding the # of candidates, I'm more interested in how many actually make the debate, vs how many are running. Although at the same time, I feel Democrats set the bar far too low this year.

They did and honestly i feel like we'll be the better for it. Fill the debate stage and whittle them down as we go on. Let the fringe/single issue candidates get their say before they end up getting swallowed by a larger candidate.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
NYT Murdoch family expose

Anyone else read this? It's long as fuck, but damn, it scares the shit out of me the amount of influence NEWSCORP has over the US, UK, and Australia.

No surprise those places have been shifting to the right the last couple couple years.

How do we fight this?

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
"The country is full."

Step 1: Mass land buy-back program in the dozen-odd bumblefuck states in the middle of the map.
Step 2: Give every migrant family about 500 acres of land in those states to permanently settle.

I'm only half-kidding. There would be room enough in South Dakota alone for tens of thousands of families.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, if you take the view that Trump isn't speaking of physical space, but social capacity, the Republican party has actually done a great job of making him right by virtue of hacking, slashing, and burning the social safety net to the point where it can't even support the people we do have.

Now, obviously, the solution is to... uh, expand the social safety net. But still, there's a twisted kind of irony to it.

Last edited:

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
The US Trade Office is now threatening us with new tariffs on wine and cheese because we won that WTO case against Boeing

Please guys, you don't need to fight wars on every front.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Lee Zeldin is going after Rashida Tlaib now.

Same Mort who called "filthy Arabs".

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Surprised there isn't a thread on Barr testifying for the first time since the Mueller report released, right now:

In opening remarks, Democratic Rep. Jose Serrano addresses "elephant in the room" -- AG William Barr's Mueller report summary -- and says there are "serious concerns about the process by which you formulated your letter." https://cbsn.ws/2Gb9Knm

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
What you're telling me is that liberal twitter is predominately educated white people who live in cities and are out of touch with the base of the Democrat party

wow, I'm shocked

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
What you're telling me is that liberal twitter is predominately educated white people who live in cities and are out of touch with the base of the Democrat party

wow, I'm shocked

Well, you might not be, but it's news to quite a few on this forum.
Regardless, it's fantastic to have it all spelled out in one article.

Status
Not open for further replies.