• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I think this passage in the NY Times article was interesting

Yet the majority of ordinary Democrats in Virginia said Mr. Northam should remain in office, according to a Washington Post/Schar School poll a week later. And black Democrats were likelier than white ones to say Mr. Northam should remain.

I still think Northam should resign but the "woke" liberals on here running around like "ALL THREE SHOULD RESIGN RIGHT NOW, LET THE REPUBLICANS TAKE OVER, WHO CARES, WE DESERVE IT" who very blatantly had no skin in the game was fucking insufferable.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I try to tell Bernie fans in the democratic nominee thread, but they still think Bernie is somehow going to win swing states if he gets the nomination lol

I don't really see the correlation between that article and his chances if he got the nomination tbh. Seems more like it's spelling doom on him in the primary.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Not conjecture, it's based on data. Including various polls. What's most important is that Bernie has a problem getting his followers to the voting booths, were it true that he had the numbers to outflank the other candidates and he'll have a rougher ride in round two.

I don't really see the correlation between that article and his chances if he got the nomination tbh. Seems more like it's spelling doom on him in the primary.

That's the correlation.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Not conjecture, it's based on data. Including various polls. What's most important is that Bernie has a problem getting his followers to the voting booths, were it true that he had the numbers to outflank the other candidates and he'll have a rougher ride in round two.
What polls? He's not losing any of the 3 decisive rust belt states vs Trump (which is what the poster was arguing) and is virtually tied in Texas with Beto. The existing data we have - which isn't very accurate at this point, but it still better than unsubstantiated conjecture - contradicts the notion that Bernie will somehow struggle in the swing states.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
What polls? He's not losing any of the 3 decisive rust belt states vs Trump (which is what the poster was arguing) and is virtually tied in Texas with Beto. The existing data we have - which isn't very accurate at this point, but it still better than unsubstantiated conjecture - contradicts the notion that Bernie will somehow struggle in the swing states.

Did you read the article? It addresses the polls and the specifics of what they found. This is about the primaries, not Trump.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Did you read the article? It addresses the polls and the specifics of what they found. This is about the primaries, not Trump.
Did you even read the post I was replying to? He was talking about a hypothetical scenario where Bernie gets the nom but would struggle in the swing states for some reason because of what that articles saying.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

I still think Northam should resign but the "woke" liberals on here running around like "ALL THREE SHOULD RESIGN RIGHT NOW, LET THE REPUBLICANS TAKE OVER, WHO CARES, WE DESERVE IT" who very blatantly had no skin in the game was fucking insufferable.

I think this is the important part - I'm sure black Virginians look at their neighbor states, think of the alternative, and will let Northam live with his racist past.

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017
Congresswomen Lowey just asked how Barr could have read Muller's 300 page report and drafted a letter in 48 hours. Perhaps Barr is shady but........300 pages isn't that much to read.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@NatashaBertrand
Asked how he could have read/digested/summarized 400 pages in 48 hours, Barr says "the thinking of the special counsel was not a mystery to the people of DOJ prior to his submission of the report. He and his people had been interacting with the DAG in his supervision of the SCO."

10:05 - 9 Apr 2019

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Congresswomen Lowey just asked how Barr could have read Muller's 300 page report and drafted a letter in 48 hours. Perhaps Barr is shady but........300 pages isn't that much to read.

In my experience that depends upon typeface size and whether analysis is required, or it's just straight reading to digest the information.

"I mostly knew what it was going to say, so skim read for info that might've been new".

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Did she just get him?
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017

3-400 pages of this material... on top of coming up with legal rules and analysis as well as coming to conclusions... I find it hard to believe he read it all personally. Maybe a staff read sections and summarized it and presented it to him. But then to make conclusions that quickly? Seems shady as hell.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Just waking up.... what have I missed so far? Tap dancing? Or anything slip.

Edit- ok...just seen some responses.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017

Agreed.

It can't be said enough that while the behavior of people like Northam isn't good, people have to take a step back and realize he still isn't even remotely close to being as bad as Trump. I do not like how Northam handled himself but given what's going on with the line of succession in the state there's no easy way out.

Ideally Northam should appoint someone else but I'm not sure how their laws work and if it would trigger another election?

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I know it's protocal incase it goes to the courts, but I totally called it.

No one will ever see that unredacted report but Barr and jis crew.

I think they're waiting for the right moment to pounce and call Mueller himself to testify, which may be even better than the report itself.

That will happen before the full report comes out, but the full report will come out eventually. It's too important and too many powerful people are demanding it

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
I know it's protocal incase it goes to the courts, but I totally called it.

No one will ever see that unredacted report but Barr and jis crew.
I think it will come out eventually. But probably the Trump admin will drag it thorugh the courts until after next election when hopefully it won't matter because Trump lost in a landslide.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Wow... Barr... is prepared with his "but Obama" Responses regarding questions about Trump's term so far.

Really is a stooge.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kyledcheney
· 5m
Replying to @kyledcheney
BARR says it would be against the law for members of Congress to reveal grand jury information. He also claims some Dems are being hypocritcal:

"Many of the members who are calling for the release of the report were basically castigating Ken Starr."

K
yle Cheney

@kyledcheney
Q: Do you know why members of Mueller team are frustrated?

BARR: "No I don't. I suspect that they wanted more put out but in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries."
10:39 - 9 Apr 2019

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Was that a yes then a no then a shy yes then a I don't think so in regard to him sharing the letter outside of the dept.?

Hmm

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
God just watching a few minutes of this Barr testimony makes me want to throw up. This guy doesn't give two fucks about right from wrong or transparency. He is drunk with power and will never release anything that would damage his boss which in return would cause him lose his power.

Whichever democrat wins in 2020 I just hope we can return to normal after this Trump run. Hopefully the Attorney General under the next President will not act like the president's personal attorney and their cabinet members will actually be knowledgeable in their field and not just some dumb as a rock rich white asshole who stroked the ego of the President.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
God just watching a few minutes of this Barr testimony makes me want to throw up. This guy doesn't give two fucks about right from wrong or transparency. He is drunk with power and will never release anything that would damage his boss which in return would cause him lose his power.

Whichever democrat wins in 2020 I just hope we can return to normal after this Trump run. Hopefully the Attorney General under the next President will not act like the president's personal attorney and their cabinet members will actually be knowledgeable in their field and not just some dumb as a rock rich white asshole who stroked the ego of the President.
Sorry man. Got bad news for you...

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Sorry man. Got bad news for you...
I think we can return to some normalcy within the presidency itself, but we need to fight like hell to keep it that way. Especially since the media is going to sorely miss the daily trainwreck that is the Trump presidency and the ratings associated with that, and his crazy ass fan base who loves every minute of this.

Democrat @McCreadyForNC raised $1.6 MILLION in Q1 in his bid for #NC09
I think we're going to win this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.