• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Hitler fanboys/girls are really something.

One of them told me it wasn't really Hitler's fault that people were tortured and murdered en mass at concentration camps, it was the people under him, he was just trying to manage all of it and it was too much for one man to deal with!

Like, are you really that stupid? Or are you just too shy/embarrassed to admit that you're comfortably evil and thought the Holocaust was a good idea?

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

One of them told me it wasn't really Hitler's fault that people were tortured and murdered en mass at concentration camps, it was the people under him, he was just trying to manage all of it and it was too much for one man to deal with!

Like, are you really that stupid? Or are you just too shy/embarrassed to admit that you're comfortably evil and thought the Holocaust was a good idea?
It's an analogue to the Mueller investigation for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/axios
NEW: The FBI's former general counsel told the House Judiciary Committee it's his understanding Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein said there were 2 members of Trump's cabinet who were willing to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office https://www.axios.com/fbi-james-baker-25th-amendment-trump-cabinet-rosenstein-91b4c848-01d5-49c9-a802-da4a5a2615f1.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100 …

13:13 - 9 Apr 2019
Twitter Ads information and privacy
https://t.co/U410hlBFwy
Why is Candace Owens a thing? Why is she in front of Congress?
Because Kanye

Oct 30, 2017
US

"I was just giving orders!" is certainly a fresh spin.

Oct 25, 2017

Noted Hitler apologist, Candace Owens equating racism to people getting dunked on for height on tinder or something
I don't think Auntie Ruckus tap-dancing for coins is a surprise or interesting, which is not to knock you for posting, but just to say that the self-hating grift she's pulling here is both tired and timeless.

Oct 25, 2017
David Shor is a really good twitter follow out of the data science crew on twitter btw- some discussion piggybacking on a Noah Smith tweet on how much "bottom up" vs "top down" actually works in today's hyper-polarized world as well as w/ the history of party coalitions in the US/Europe.

On the middle point- that alliance crashed and burned with Civil Rights in the US, but that type of realignment/sorting event never actually occurred in Europe, so even though both are showing the "Left is becoming the domain of the college educated while bleeding majority non-college voters" trend, they have very different party coalitions as starting points.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hate twitter. Person points out the southern strategy is well documented and some of its architects are still alive.

Freaking prageru with its checkmark drops in with a “well actually” and link to their shitty propaganda.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Auntie Ruckus tap-dancing for coins is a surprise or interesting, which is not to knock you for posting, but just to say that the self-hating grift she's pulling here is both tired and timeless.
It's still incredibly galling to see someone like that trotted out in front of congress, having GOP reps yield time for her to do her song and dance all while denying the very issues that caused another person in that room to lose the lives of his loved ones. Fucking right wing grift is a plague.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
One would hope this is not due to voter suppression, but if not it seems strange for Arabs to not use what power they have.

After getting shit on for 12 years straight I can understand the fatigue.

That said, if Bibi gains more seats I'd wager he'll try "reforming" the Supreme Court again and this time nobody will stop him.

Oct 25, 2017
It's still incredibly galling to see someone like that trotted out in front of congress, having GOP reps yield time for her to do her song and dance all while denying the very issues that caused another person in that room to lose the lives of his loved ones. Fucking right wing grift is a plague.
Fair enough.

But this country is deeply racist, so maybe I'm inured to it by now.

Oct 25, 2017
One would hope this is not due to voter suppression, but if not it seems strange for Arabs to not use what power they have.

There was an accellerationist in one of the election threads trying to tell someone not to vote and to let Bibi win. I really hope that sentiment doesn't turn out to be a real thing.

Super good chart on the history of Israeli parliamentary politics btw- (article's unfortunately paywalled)

Oct 27, 2017
Need more info on this. The top of the WSJ article says it was the conclusion of a 14-year investigation. The Hill snippet makes it seem like DeVos may use this as a tactic to squeeze schools under investigation by the justice department. Not sure what the actual story is, and the WSJ story is behind a paywall.

Nov 11, 2017
Need more info on this. The top of the WSJ article says it was the conclusion of a 14-year investigation. The Hill snippet makes it seem like DeVos may use this as a tactic to squeeze schools under investigation by the justice department. Not sure what the actual story is, and the WSJ story is behind a paywall.
either way. We know what the desire of white supremacy is, and it seems like they're fine with going around courts now.

And yet,

We still have moderates on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.