• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Not a PAC, but a lobby for non-NT people. It'd be nice for us to have an actual voice for once.
It would be nice but I wouldn't be able to do it because one politician call me the R word or whatever and motherfucker square up now or eff off. Those high intensity arguments with politicians would leave me with a police record. and also if that failed, I would talk shit about that politician on national tv

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Israeli exit polls appears to be showing a mix of dead-heat and lean Blue&White/Gantz.
I can't help but want Bibi to take an L here.
If that's true then the low Palestinian turnout in the election is going to make it hard for Bibi to spin this as an Arab takeover. It would be a clear repudiation of his policies by Isrealis.

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Obama was poor as fuck for a politician before his book deal so. We'll see what other income he's got, and how much he donates to charity.
Obama was also super humble about it, and included himself in all his talk about "people like me paying a little more." I think Sanders might be worried about it ruining his street cred, but seriously no one is going to give a crap if he has money from some book deals or good investing.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah if the tax return stuff is just because Bernie's afraid of looking like a hypocrite then he really should have just released them a long time ago and ripped off that band-aid. Having money doesn't preclude you from caring about those who don't or wanting better income equality. In fact, I respect wealthy people who fight for higher taxes on themselves and for more fair wealth distribution because they have a lot to lose.

Oct 25, 2017
Obama was also super humble about it, and included himself in all his talk about "people like me paying a little more." I think Sanders might be worried about it ruining his street cred, but seriously no one is going to give a crap if he has money from some book deals or good investing.
I never got the logic behind deliberately stunting yourself on principle. If you can make money in this society, great. That doesn't mean it's right, that you can't acknowledge it's wrong and that it needs to change.

It's like Beto talking about white male privilege, though obviously in that case he won't want to run around bragging about how much he's taking advantage of it.

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont care if Bernie is rich. That isnt the issue. The issue is when they get into power and use it to reinforce that wealth and horde it from everyone else. Bernie isnt that type of guy.

I agree with others though that he should just release them now or should have done it sooner. Waiting for "tax day" is kind of pointless.

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont care if Bernie is rich. That isnt the issue. The issue is when they get into power and use it to reinforce that wealth and horde it from everyone else. Bernie isnt that type of guy.
I am concerned about his wife's grifting though. Wonder what dem returns will reveal about that.

Oct 25, 2017
I don’t even care if Bernie or anyone else is a millionaire I care if they are taking Manet that influences bad policy.
If someone finds out that Bernie is doing this, they need to Van Gogh to the press and share this information. This sort of dark Monet in politics should not be allowed. I would peTitian the government to stop this sort of thing if I could.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's good they're doing this because the W4 is bad, but hardly the glowing review from ADP

The agency plans to release a new W-4 form that better incorporates the changes ushered in by the new tax law so that the amount held back for taxes in each of your paychecks is more accurate.

The agency’s goal: A taxpayer shouldn’t owe or be owed come tax time.

But the changes won’t be simple, says Pete Isberg, head of government affairs at ADP, the payroll and human resources company.

Filling out the new form will be a lot like doing your taxes again.

It’ll be a much bigger pain,” he says. “The accuracy will be 100 percent, but the ease-of-use will be zero.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/tax...nd-itll-be-a-doozy/ar-BBVL5zL?ocid=spartanntp

Oct 30, 2017
It would be nice but I wouldn't be able to do it because one politician call me the R word or whatever and motherfucker square up now or eff off. Those high intensity arguments with politicians would leave me with a police record. and also if that failed, I would talk shit about that politician on national tv
Personally, I think this country could use more people talking shit about politicians, particularly Republicans on national tv.

Nov 20, 2017
I guess it's good they're doing this because the W4 is bad, but hardly the glowing review from ADP

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/tax...nd-itll-be-a-doozy/ar-BBVL5zL?ocid=spartanntp
Oh boy, inputting dividends and capital gains into a form my employer could potentially have access to. Nice. That's really information I want my employer to know from breaching my privacy. "You generate x amount of money from investments, why are you complaining about your salary?" Maybe because I live off of rice and beans and have a prepaid cell phone and ruthlessly cut down my expenses and live like a miser.

Status
Not open for further replies.