• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
My name: is Paul Manafort...

DWwFdVSV4AA1nkd.jpg

...and I fuckin' love crimes. Don't believe me? Let my friends spell it out for you.

Where to begin with this one? Lots of stuff happening very quickly

-Trump chickens out on Government Shutdown 2.0 by declaring National Emergency. Goes golfing. Turns out a big chunk of the emergency wall money was spent already.
-Amy Klobuchar proves that Minnesota Nice is not universal (insert your joke about binders or eating with a comb here).
-Trump goes to Vietnam for Kim summit 2. Claims the nuclear threat is over, inadvertently forcing Pompeo to squirm over it on the Sunday Talk circuit.
-Marco Rubio sez: you too, Venezuela, can enjoy the peace and prosperity of Libya!
-Remember Ralph Northam? Me neither.

The 2020 hellcycle has begun continues. Presidential primary stuff can be found here! We've otherwise got 11 state (and 2 territorial) gubernatorial elections to contest, every House seat, and all of the Class 2 seats plus Arizona's Class 3 seat in the Senate (in addition to a very large number of state legislative seats). All of the Democratic big names are officially in except for Beto and Biden, who's still bidin' his time.
-Warren kicking ass and scaring 1%ers, doing okay at getting away from the DNA debacle
-Harris kicking *more* ass, facing down the Copmala accusations with aplomb.
-Buttigieg's name is still unpronouncable but boy does he know his audience with his plans to push DC and PR statehood and abolish the electoral college.
-Bernie comes out with a commitment to be more of a team player, though accusations of sexual harassment in his old campaign dog him.
-Tulsi Gabbard is still a Liberal Icon(tm)

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

Previous threads:
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan

US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Now am I forgiven for Flip-a-gatesia?

Last edited:

less

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the public Cohen testimony. Probably little to no bombshells but we should get plenty of juicy sound bites.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
India and Pakistan are on edge, there's a nuclear summit with a guy we threatened to blow up, Pence is dicking around in Colombia, and Trump is in a fuckin airplane tweeting about abortion. Pelosi save usssss.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will be the ot the Mueller report releases in most likely?

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How many years is Manafort realistically facing in prison? 20? Just seems flawed and unfair.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping something comes out of the Cohen hearings, I'm a little doubtful, not sure why

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
India and Pakistan are on edge, there's a nuclear summit with a guy we threatened to blow up, Pence is dicking around in Colombia, and Trump is in a fuckin airplane tweeting about abortion. Pelosi save usssss.

Sorry, we're fucked. Should have gotten more people to vote in 2016.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Manafort needs to get how ever many years it takes him to croak. I want him and everyone involved with this administration to die behind bars. Ideally, we'd lock them all in an 18th century style sanitarium where feces just collects on the floor and they only get moldy bread loaves to fight over.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Manafort needs to get how ever many years it takes him to croak. I want him and everyone involved with this administration to die behind bars. Ideally, we'd lock them all in an 18th century style sanitarium where feces just collects on the floor and they only get moldy bread loaves to fight over.
So which Iowa diner is that?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I read that Manafort suffers from severe gout. Like, unless he's faking (very likely), that's why he was using a cane in court.
Good! I'm glad he feels pain - I've had gout (been able to lick it - haven't had any symptoms in years), and it is fucking painful!!!

Jan 15, 2019

Berniementum. I bet he's coming for Biden in the polls now.

Morning Consult is seeing it as well:
image0.jpg

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

Can't help but feel that the results of this poll and how polling will look by October-ish will be wildly different. No way Bernie can keep putting on the kind of performances he did at the town hall tonight and remain the front runner, and I seriously doubt that the beat-Trump-at-any-cost sentiment is so strong that Biden will be unsinkable.

Edit- not to mention one half of our top four are people that might not even run.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Are all the people who voted for Hillary going to jump to Bernie? I don't see it.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Kamala gonna catch Bernie yes?
She has a better chance if Biden doesn't get in

If he does I don't think she has a chance. People think Biden will take more votes away from Bernie but really I think it's the opposite. Nobody will split her delegate margins in the south more than he well and I think she won't make enough gains elsewhere.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like both Bernie and Kamala benefit if Biden stays out and both get hurt if he jumps in. Bernie and Biden have significant crossover appeal among the WWC (see the polls on who each candidate's supporters' #2 choice is). Kamala is losing a portion of the black vote and party loyalist vote to Biden.

But I don't know who would be helped/hurt more by his entrance/non-entrance. Having Biden in would certainly give Bernie someone to frame himself against more easily, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.