• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure that an impeachment followed by the senate failing to convict is so bad for us. Like everyone always says, it's a political trial, not a legal one. Getting GOP Senators on the record arguing that Trump's crimes are NBD is potentially excellent branding for us in our effort to unseat them in 2020. He's unpopular and corrupt and everyone knows it, and impeachment forces those senators to get his corrupt stink all over them in the most high-profile way possible.

Yeah I'm 100% for a house impeachment even if the Senate won't convict. It won't backfire. People still gonna be mad as hell and vote the fucker out.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Cohen coming back with more "corroborating documents", does sound like obstruction or at least more about Trump asking him to do stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/28/senate-democrats-2020-chuck-schumer-1193998

Politico article about Chuck's efforts to become Majority Leader. Not too much that any of us don't know, but it's a handy recap:

- trying to get Bullock in Montana, but he doesn't seem interested
- Kelly is his best recruit thus far, though he's also met with Gallego
- no marquee candidate in Iowa, Maine or North Carolina, will likely have competitive primaries
- working on getting Amy McGrath to challenge McConnell in Kentucky, Stacey Abrams to run in Georgia
- Schumer believes Georgia is crucial to flipping the Senate
- Jaime Harrison (South Carolina) has Schumer's full support
- Castro appears to be the back-up in Texas, though it doesn't mention which one

I guess this is the One Guy to take up arms here, then huh?

Sigh...

Who the hell thinks this guy is left?

1xURWwb.jpg

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Mr. Lowell, said on Thursday: "In 2018, White House and security clearance officials affirmed that Mr. Kushner's security clearance was handled in the regular process with no pressure from anyone. That was conveyed to the media at the time, and new stories, if accurate, do not change what was affirmed at the time."

I don't think I've ever seen a non-denial put so clearly. Despite what the NYT is reporting, they still consider his security clearance handled in 'regular process'.

Also Elijah is the man this week.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Chelsea Manning says she's received a subpoena to testify before a grand jury in EDVA, likely related to wikileaks/assange, and she's planning on fighting it

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Hannity is literally using Fox airtime to create false alibies for the president? How am I supposed to think about the legitimacy of their parent company?

As questions loom about Jared Kushner's security clearance, House committee says White House not cooperating in probe. https://abcn.ws/2Ek44p4
I can't believe it

Wheels are coming off now. Trump's expression in Vietnam was a really weird looking shift - and China was almost Literally puppeting Kim.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Keep saying that Cohen did all of these payments on his own please.

So the recorded phone call where we hear Trump and Cohen discussing payment methods and Trump approving can just resurface again.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Keep saying that Cohen did all of these payments on his own please.

So the recorded phone call where we hear Trump and Cohen discussing payment methods and Trump approving can just resurface again.

Indeed. I love it because it's just false hope for the kool-aid drinkers that comprise Fox News viewership. I think Hannity and even Trump knows that they're fucked in the court and legal system. Their best bet is keeping Trump president and mass pardons.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Beto: "Ok Joaquin, there's 255 counties in this state of ours, so if you start now you should have plenty of time before primary season next year and..."

Chelsea Manning says she's received a subpoena to testify before a grand jury in EDVA, likely related to wikileaks/assange, and she's planning on fighting it

Chelsea: "Wait, I cant do WHAT since I accepted that pardon?"

So Hannity is literally using Fox airtime to create false alibies for the president? How am I supposed to think about the legitimacy of their parent company?

Wheels are coming off now. Trump's expression in Vietnam was a really weird looking shift - and China was almost Literally puppeting Kim.

I have this tentative hope that these bumbling moves are from them not having any more actually good moves left. Wheels coming off and the panicked, dodging glances left and right get more common.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I didn't watch the hearing because I just didn't want to deal with the theater of it, but reading some summaries after the fact, it seems like there were some threads pulled that the various House committees can chase after, and that could lead to who knows where. So, I'm glad it wasn't just sound and fury.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Underrated aspect of getting rid of Trump and having President Pence:

A Vice President appointment would need to be approved by Congress.

Either you get someone who the Democrats can live with or the spot is left vacant and Pence is a heartbeat away from President Pelosi.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Castro will do much better with Latino voters against Cornyn with Trump on the ballot.

... but I can't help but feel like he'll lose a lot of the suburban white voters Beto picked up. Fuck.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway; with Castro, I think he should stay focused on the economy and taxes and build his campaign around that

Steve Kornacki pointed out that the economy/taxes ranked higher on important issues for Latino voters in the midterm than immigration. I think he can maximize Latino votes and court more conservative ones by staying focused on how nonsense and not even conservative the GOP tax reform was and how many people ended up actually having their taxes raised after losing exemptions

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Castro will do much better with Latino voters against Cornyn with Trump on the ballot.

... but I can't help but feel like he'll lose a lot of the suburban white voters Beto picked up. Fuck.
Whatever. Win some, lose some.

Texas can't depend on Beto running forever.

Plus just think of all the downticket candidates Beto helped. Suburban swing voters (or probably more accurately, new voters) didn't just vote for him.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
God I hope Hannity is implicated in this shit in some way. He knows about the fucking tape, they both do. They're engaging in a cover up conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.