• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It's refreshing in a way that the whole world can now know Trump the way I've known him my whole life as a black man who grew up in NYC. Seeing the way he was normalized over the years into this media personality made me sick to my stomach but now everyone gets to experience what a piece of shit he is everyday.
I honestly didn't know who he was until the birther crap, so it's doubly weird going back to old movies and TV shows and seeing references to him. The Critic knocks him at least once per episode.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly didn't know who he was until the birther crap, so it's doubly weird going back to old movies and TV shows and seeing references to him. The Critic knocks him at least once per episode.
I can't (I can) believe that SNL let that vile cunt host...in fucking late 2015, well after his "mexicans are rapist" escalator ride.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Vaughn Hillyard @VaughnHillyard

New from Iowa: Beto O'Rourke, in press gaggle, on Medicare for all--> "I think that's one of the ways that we get to guaranteed high quality healthcare for every single American. I'm no longer sure that that's the fastest way for us to get there."

5:13 PM - Mar 15, 2019

d1upuwow0aac9phqyjzm.png

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Could be any number of reasons why he isn't revealing them. Most likely scenario is that the numbers are okay but not as good as Bernie. No point in revealing them in that case.

Sure there's a point. I don't expect him to beat Bernie, who has 123,456,789,012 previous donors to draw on. But he could show that he's ahead of any of the other candidates that released first-day totals. Did he not beat Harris or Warren either?

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
If there is anything we must do as soon as possible it's how politicians raise money and how this entire system works

Seeing Beto and Kamala and others back off of M4A when their having problems with fundraising. Gillibrand going to big pharma...

Warren just kicking around because she knows she's cooked and it doesn't matter anyway...

But really it's scary.

Nothing good will change until we do something about this. Not just healthcare, climate change, education... literally anything..

And seriously Like no politicians like raising money. They all actively hate it. It's degrading and embarrassing. They all know this. So it would be doing everyone a favor

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
If there is anything we must do as soon as possible it's how politicians raise money and how this entire system works

Seeing Beto and Kamala and others back off of M4A when their having problems with fundraising. Gillibrand going to big pharma...

Warren just kicking around because she knows she's cooked and it doesn't matter anyway...

But really it's scary.

Nothing good will change until we do something about this. Not just healthcare, climate change, education... literally anything..

And seriously Like no politicians like raising money. They all actively hate it. It's degrading and embarrassing. They all know this. So it would be doing everyone a favor
All these candidates cornered themselves here. I'm not sure if they had a choice to begin with though.

Public financing of elections was part of the HR1 iirc, hopefully that's the first bill the Dem President passes.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
All these candidates cornered themselves here. I'm not sure if they had a choice to begin with though.

Public financing of elections was part of the HR1 iirc, hopefully that's the first bill the Dem President passes.
They did not have a choice

No one would be able to raise like Hillary did last cycle especially in a crowded field like this one. The democratic base is too hyper aware of it now.

The good news is I think money problems overall will fix themselves when the nomination is clear atleast from a competitive stand point

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
They did not have a choice

No one would be able to raise like Hillary did last cycle especially in a crowded field like this one. The democratic base is too hyper aware of it now.

The good news is I think money problems overall will fix themselves when the nomination is clear atleast from a competitive stand point
I'm now wondering what Biden thinks right now - he probably won't get grassroots support to the point where he can be competitive, and taking CPAC money is a death sentence on your campaign.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how given the chance to say the right thing about the white supremacy movement, trump screws it up every time. Well, really it's not surprising at all.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Could be any number of reasons why he isn't revealing them. Most likely scenario is that the numbers are okay but not as good as Bernie. No point in revealing them in that case.
He's getting plenty of press without providing 'proof' of support, so might as well sit on it.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is going to the Lima tank plant next week.

We are totally getting a Dukakis-esque photo out of it. No way he doesn't demand to ride around in a tank while he's there.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
New organizations need to not talk about that manifesto unless they truly understand nuance, which they do not.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017

Is this the one that was toying with a presidential run or his brother?

Either way, good news, right?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Is this the one that was toying with a presidential run or his brother?

Either way, good news, right?

Terrific news.

If Beto ends up on the ticket, they could help each other out immensely. Beto can keep the energy from his last Senate campaign going while Castro can focus on boosting Latino turnout and performance.

Say what you will about Cornyn, but he voted with Trump on the emergency declaration. A good campaign can make him just as much of a pariah as Cruz.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope Julian also runs against Cruz in 2024 and we have two J. Castros in the Senate from Texas.

143115.jpg

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Pete Buttigieg @PeteButtigieg

An attack on people as they pray peacefully, however they worship and wherever they are, is an attack on us all. May every New Zealander and every Muslim hurting today feel lifted up in love and solidarity.

And yet again, the obvious bears repeating: white nationalism kills.

10:29 AM - Mar 15, 2019

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Pete Buttigieg is so good and it is very sad that he is trapped forever in Indiana.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Pete is too precious to be kept in Indiana. There's something really endearing and adorable about his campaign.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
He's really not.

This whole thing is him breaking out onto the national stage. He won't make it to the White House, but he's moving up in the party for sure.
But, like, where does he go without carpetbagging? Governor and Senator are out of the question, leaving only a House seat and I don't know the partisan lean of the district he would have to run in.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
But, like, where does he go without carpetbagging? Governor and Senator are out of the question, leaving only a House seat and I don't know the partisan lean of the district he would have to run in.

I could easily see him being picked for a cabinet position. Actually makes me wonder if he might be a great Chief of Staff.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

Beto doesn't have a position on Brexit?? Calves rapidly uncramping.

* A guy that is this malleable has a good chance to win the presidency. We just don't know what we'll get afterward.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Indiana 2nd, R+11

Jackie Walorski is the current representative, and it was Donnelly's seat before. She won by 9 points last year.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana 2nd, R+11

Jackie Walorski is the current representative, and it was Donnelly's seat before. She won by 9 points last year.
Yeah i'm from south bend, that's my home district. It used to be competitive, but gerrymandering ended that. It's actually funny, the gerrymander is why Donnelly took the suicide mission of challenging Lugar in 2012, only for Lugar to lose a tea party primary to a guy who said fucki shit about rape lol.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Also hot take - Pete would win with a sizable margin in a ranked choice primary election.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Beto's platform seems to be equivocation. It's odd for a person to stand on top of a table just to say, "Hey man, I'd rather not say! I'm just not into labels!"

Status
Not open for further replies.