• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hate twitter. Person points out the southern strategy is well documented and some of its architects are still alive.

Freaking prageru with its checkmark drops in with a "well actually" and link to their shitty propaganda.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Auntie Ruckus tap-dancing for coins is a surprise or interesting, which is not to knock you for posting, but just to say that the self-hating grift she's pulling here is both tired and timeless.
It's still incredibly galling to see someone like that trotted out in front of congress, having GOP reps yield time for her to do her song and dance all while denying the very issues that caused another person in that room to lose the lives of his loved ones. Fucking right wing grift is a plague.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
One would hope this is not due to voter suppression, but if not it seems strange for Arabs to not use what power they have.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
One would hope this is not due to voter suppression, but if not it seems strange for Arabs to not use what power they have.

After getting shit on for 12 years straight I can understand the fatigue.

That said, if Bibi gains more seats I'd wager he'll try "reforming" the Supreme Court again and this time nobody will stop him.

Oct 25, 2017
It's still incredibly galling to see someone like that trotted out in front of congress, having GOP reps yield time for her to do her song and dance all while denying the very issues that caused another person in that room to lose the lives of his loved ones. Fucking right wing grift is a plague.

Fair enough.

But this country is deeply racist, so maybe I'm inured to it by now.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There was an accellerationist in one of the election threads trying to tell someone not to vote and to let Bibi win. I really hope that sentiment doesn't turn out to be a real thing.

Super good chart on the history of Israeli parliamentary politics btw- (article's unfortunately paywalled)

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Need more info on this. The top of the WSJ article says it was the conclusion of a 14-year investigation. The Hill snippet makes it seem like DeVos may use this as a tactic to squeeze schools under investigation by the justice department. Not sure what the actual story is, and the WSJ story is behind a paywall.

either way. We know what the desire of white supremacy is, and it seems like they're fine with going around courts now.

And yet,

We still have moderates on the fence.

Oct 25, 2017
The exit polls in Israel show a tight race, but the left may have done better than expected. Could get some kind of unity coalition? Or the exit polls are wrong and then who knows.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The exit polls in Israel show a tight race, but the left may have done better than expected. Could get some kind of unity coalition? Or the exit polls are wrong and then who knows.
From what I'm seeing on twitter the best thing to do with the exit polls is to ignore them because they're tabulated a few hours before voting finishes, and everyone is gonna posture and claim victory because of how the procedure for first dibs on forming a government works.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
hqdefault.jpg

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
Nancy Pelosi just told me of Barr's plans: "We all understand that redacting is important to protect sources and methods - beyond that he has no business redacting. And we will have that discussion."

"The only reason to redact is for security - and that's not a subjective thing"
15:21 - 9 Apr 2019

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is absolute insanity

"very fine people on both sides" is a hoax? Guess my eyes and ears dont work anymore because I'm pretty sure I watched that speech on fucking live tv

...which can still be watched after a search that literally took me one second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaZR8E12bs

I seriously consider leaving the country on a weekly basis at this point. Half the country isn't even willing to acknowledge objective reality anymore.

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
This is absolute insanity

"very fine people on both sides" is a hoax? Guess my eyes and ears dont work anymore because I'm pretty sure I watched that speech on fucking live tv

Everything from Heather Heyer being driven over by a neo nazi to Sandy Hook to Parkland to Las Vegas to the Holocaust is a hoax. The only thing that's real is the 2016 electoral college victory and republicans winning 100% of the popular vote. Everything else is a hoax.

Its pointless to assume republicans have logic or common sense or reality at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.