• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Why is Bernie so defensive about being a seven figure lightweight? Pleb probably can't even buy a Bugatti or go a full summer with a cocaine habit.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/potterthos/status/1115695950402609152

Fiscal hawkishness makes me seethe with red hot anger

But I was reading the comments on this tweet and excuse me for being not being economic awoke or anything, but how is running government debt good and did the US government ever really have surplus in the 90s?
Low steady rates of inflation are good for the economy. The government running a mild deficit seems to generally be a good thing for the economy precisely because of this.

We did have surpluses in the 90s because of the economic boom, but the slowdown x Bush Tax Cuts x Iraq decimated that and the Clinton admin underreaching with things like the EITC excluding single people without kids is a result of that problem.
Why is Bernie so defensive about being a seven figure lightweight? Pleb probably can't even buy a Bugatti or go a full summer with a cocaine habit.
That response makes me think he's hit at least 8.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm noticing a pattern here. The only time Candace Owens trends is when she's getting publicly nuked from orbit.

Oct 27, 2017
If he's been stalling for so long just to avoid revealing he's as rich as everyone already assumes, well, that's a relief on one hand but somehow extra annoying on the other.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm noticing a pattern here. The only time Candace Owens trends is when she's getting publicly nuked from orbit.

Boy if the way Black ERA/Black Twitter talk about her is any indication, then jesus she really is in a sunken place (if I can use that term) also the word they use for people like her makes me hesitant to use the word when it's being used to described a raccoon or a big domesticated cat. I would rather not have some one hear me use that term, if it's even being used in like animal stuff. It was a term that used waaay back in the slavery days and it's not the nword. It's the other word

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boy if the way Black ERA/Black Twitter talk about her is any indication, then jesus she really is in a sunken place (if I can use that term) also the word they use for people like her makes me hesitant to use the word when it's being used to described a raccoon or a big domesticated cat. I would rather not have some one hear me use that term, if it's even being used in like animal stuff. It was a term that used waaay back in the slavery days and it's not the nword. It's the other word
To paraphrase Jamelle Bouie, there is an enormous lucrative grift for non-male/straight/white people to pander to the GOP telling them what they want to hear, even if they don't believe any of it. There is an enormous market for fake news, just look at Rassmussen.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he's been stalling for so long just to avoid revealing he's as rich as everyone already assumes, well, that's a relief on one hand but somehow extra annoying on the other.
It's not the only reason. He refused to release taxes before his book deal even happened. I'm guessing there was something there that fell off finally at the 10 year mark.

Oct 27, 2017
Economic anxiety will always be the phrase that sets me off, even if it's being used ironically. Don't use that term as cudgeon to bludgeon all working class or poor people. There are those of us in that class that know better, it's just like, with every other class of people, they're hiding their ignorance behind how they got their view points.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate Barr. More than before. His attitude regarding the ACA was kinda mafia like. "What are you afraid of if we are so crazy.... heh heh heh."

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Not a PAC, but a lobby for non-NT people. It'd be nice for us to have an actual voice for once.

It would be nice but I wouldn't be able to do it because one politician call me the R word or whatever and motherfucker square up now or eff off. Those high intensity arguments with politicians would leave me with a police record. and also if that failed, I would talk shit about that politician on national tv

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Israeli exit polls appears to be showing a mix of dead-heat and lean Gantz coalition.
I can't help but want Bibi to take an L here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Obama was poor as fuck for a politician before his book deal so. We'll see what other income he's got, and how much he donates to charity.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even care if Bernie or anyone else is a millionaire I care if they are taking Manet that influences bad policy.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Obama was poor as fuck for a politician before his book deal so. We'll see what other income he's got, and how much he donates to charity.
Obama was also super humble about it, and included himself in all his talk about "people like me paying a little more." I think Sanders might be worried about it ruining his street cred, but seriously no one is going to give a crap if he has money from some book deals or good investing.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah if the tax return stuff is just because Bernie's afraid of looking like a hypocrite then he really should have just released them a long time ago and ripped off that band-aid. Having money doesn't preclude you from caring about those who don't or wanting better income equality. In fact, I respect wealthy people who fight for higher taxes on themselves and for more fair wealth distribution because they have a lot to lose.

Aaron

Iā€™m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Obama was also super humble about it, and included himself in all his talk about "people like me paying a little more." I think Sanders might be worried about it ruining his street cred, but seriously no one is going to give a crap if he has money from some book deals or good investing.
I never got the logic behind deliberately stunting yourself on principle. If you can make money in this society, great. That doesn't mean it's right, that you can't acknowledge it's wrong and that it needs to change.

It's like Beto talking about white male privilege, though obviously in that case he won't want to run around bragging about how much he's taking advantage of it.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont care if Bernie is rich. That isnt the issue. The issue is when they get into power and use it to reinforce that wealth and horde it from everyone else. Bernie isnt that type of guy.

I agree with others though that he should just release them now or should have done it sooner. Waiting for "tax day" is kind of pointless.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are probably going to show he pays much less taxes than be should and he doesn't give very much to charity.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even care if Bernie or anyone else is a millionaire I care if they are taking Manet that influences bad policy.

If someone finds out that Bernie is doing this, they need to Van Gogh to the press and share this information. This sort of dark Monet in politics should not be allowed. I would peTitian the government to stop this sort of thing if I could.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
When are we getting the new thread?
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.