• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

US PoliERA 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG

Oct 26, 2017
It makes sense you would think that because the Politico article makes it sound like she brought it up out of the blue.

When in fact, they omitted that it was in response to a reporter asking if she was sick of being talked about as a VP:

Read this way, her quip that "As vice president, he’s proven that he knows how to do the job" could be read as sarcasm.
Missed that bit of context, thanks for clearing that up.

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else read Sarah Kendzior’s, The View from Flyover Country? The themes of the essays can be pretty repetitive, but her book is fantastic. I’ve read nearly 100 pages of it today alone. Kendzior’s book has truly relit the worker’s rights fire in me.

Unemployed man even helps dogs find their way home

I hope treatment is going well for him.

It doesn't even seem like NYCers like de Blasio. This is kind of mind boggling. Maybe he thinks he'd lose re-election?
At this point, I think a number of them are joining the race just to say they did. Kind of like how movies will tout themselves as being "Oscar nominated," these guys can now call themselves "presidential candidate" or, after the election, "former presidential candidate."

Oct 26, 2017
There was a time when people said she had great political instincts.
Fox moderator: "Senator Gillibrand, isn't it true that you once ran on anti immigrant policies?"

Gillibrand: "Yes but that was a long time-"

Audience starts to applaud loudly.

Gillibrand: "No, but what happened-"

Random audience members start to yell "lock them up" and break into "I'm with her" chants.

Gillibrand: "Oh god, what have I done?"

Oct 30, 2017
London
Fox moderator: "Senator Gillibrand, isn't it true that you once ran on anti immigrant policies?"

Gillibrand: "Yes but that was a long time-"

Audience starts to applaud loudly.

Gillibrand: "No, but what happened-"

Random audience members start to yell "lock them up" and break into "I'm with her" chants.

Gillibrand: "Oh god, what have I done?"
Somehow when Biden's confronted with his forced bussing comments he'll brush it off and everyone will move on.

I guess making your state so miserable that nobody wants to live there is actually a pretty good strategy to keep control of the senate if you have absolutely no sense of right and wrong
Alabama's not the state to do that since it would hardly matter, like trying to make Washington state a more attractive target for blue-leaning demos.

It's absolutely the play in Georgia and North Carolina though. Texas soon too.

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Someone hook this up to https://talktotransformer.com/ and generate a shitload of responses.

I'd like to report that I feel I was censored by Facebook. Now you know… I'll share with you a personal experience. But this account was quickly deleted and was never mentioned once again online.

To read more about the impact of Facebook's efforts to limit certain content, please see my previous article.

The current news cycle has been terrible for Trump.

120k troops just to posture to Iran and threaten a ground invasion, for reasons, receiving poor reviews
Dow heading towards 25000, the other way.
China tariffs a mess.
European auto tariffs a mess (though they just announced they would "delay" this, heh).
His son front-and-center in front of the "friendly" Senate, which is something they've been desperate to avoid.
Media clips of farmers giving Trump's economic policies and performance poor grades.
"Impeachment" has found its way to the top headlines and polls, even though there is no actual impeachment currently.
Blocking the tax returns has only led to disclosure of his massive losses.
Blocking everything else has led to "collusion" disappearing from the news cycle, but by bringing it back it would make him look even worse.
State-level abortion bills basically pissing everyone off, no matter what side they're on.
Trump's properties continue to decline in favorability - Doral property "on fire" according to Eric.
Courts telling Trump's lawyers that their defense of "whitewater and watergate investigations weren't legitimate" is ridiculous.
Rick Gates continuing to cooperate with no end in sight.
NRA on life support, with internal corruption.
Likely that Mueller didn't even do a counter-intelligence investigation, that it happened separately in FBI, and is on-going.
It'd be nice to see this keep eroding his margins in winnable states cuz maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this last week has me on edge despite this.

Just making the court case even more solid for Dems
Speaking of which, they're on their last Robeast here. I guess?

Again, all active in politics GOP 40yo or younger from here on out are either alt-right dickbags or the 10-toothed rubes they sucker.

So facebook and twitter are gone too?
They want to farm data to that Neo Cambridge Analytica, PsyGroup, or Rankwave, then have Putin's Chef direct the results. Again.

Oct 25, 2017
Don’t think Harris adds much to Biden

Biden will badly need to throw young leftists some sort of bone. Biden/Warren would be better. I think Harris would be sort of like a Tim Kaine like pick that doesn’t really address the things certain parts of the party don’t like about the nominee

Oct 25, 2017
Straight up shameful and really just dereliction of duty as a coequal branch if they just give up on impeachment. Letting this president and every future president know that colluding with a hostile government and obstructing justice is fine. Putting it squarely on the voters to bail them out.

Our last hope of any serious punishment occuring at this point seems to be Mueller dropping bombs at his testimony. And most experts agree that he wouldn't do that because he's such a fucking boy scout.