• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is interesting. I wonder if he's offering them so much grassroots gold or if they really think he has a shot to win:

A job's a job, there are only that many of those position and those people want to get paid. And it's not like running a failed campaign poorly is gonna make you unhireable in the future.

I'm sure they're getting paid pretty nice penny though, working for free is for plebs, errr, I meant go volunteer in a campaign, do your civic duty!

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Hey look at that

Senior executives worried that if they took a tough stance with Mr. Trump's accounts — for example, by demanding payment of a delinquent loan — they could provoke the president's wrath. On the other hand, if they didn't do anything, the bank could be perceived as cutting a lucrative break for Mr. Trump, whose administration wields regulatory and law enforcement power over the bank.

Almost like the emoluments clause exists for a reason.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one gives a damn about CNN town halls. What got Pete in the news was his fight with Pence. Very smart on Pete's end.
Town Halls have shown they work pretty well to get media exposure and are also good opportunities for fundraising. Most candidates see fundraising spikes after them. We just have to see if Beto can create a viral moment at his like Pete did against Pence.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember the black community consulted on anything regarding bills in the 80's and 90's that resulted in mass incarcerations and a booming private system. Honestly my recollection of those times has always been white politicians doing things to look good to white voters the consequences to minorities be damned.
Mixed support among black leaders
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/analysis-black-leaders-supported-clinton-s-crime-bill-n552961

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Gillibrand should do a town hall to get her over the small donor debate hump. *touches earpiece* .... oh. Carry on then

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Who's going to enforce it, tho?

We know at least one Senator who will vote enthusiastically for war.

Rhymes with Zee Leldin.

Nobody.

It's time to admit the President is basically immune to oversight.

Glad he's establishing all this precedent though! Redirecting congressional funds at will, ignoring subpoenas and having the DoJ just investigate his enemies for the lols.

Oct 25, 2017

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
This pardoning war criminals thing is pissing me off more than a lot of things he's done recently and that's saying a lot.

What an utter scumbag of a human being. Lower than dirt.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Screenshot_20190519-031849_Instagram.jpg

Lmao

I fucking wish

When I think of Marxists, I think of Kamala Harris.
Comrade Kamala will lead the worker revolution

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This pardoning war criminals thing is pissing me off more than a lot of things he's done recently and that's saying a lot.

He's causing kids to die in ICE and DHS custody on a pretty frequent basis and is still separating kids and parents defying court orders. Hard to feel pissed off about what he gets away with anymore

Zed

Oct 28, 2017

Maybe he is signaling to soldiers that it will be OK to commit war crimes for the Iran war.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Maybe he is signaling to soldiers that it will be OK to commit war crimes for the Iran war.

Oh ffs here we go again ascribing long term motives for what is actually a very simple and short term impulse. He's doing it because the war criminals team has gone on Fox News repeatedly and lobbied him directly knowing that they had an audience of one watching regularly and he finally agreed to do it because he gets off on the power trip that the Presidential Pardon gives him because it's the one power he has that he can unilaterally do without immediately running into a wall of resistance whether in Congress or in the Courts. He's also a vile human being who openly talked about being "going after the families" and other "tough on terrorists" shit on the campaign trail before he was even elected. That's why he's doing it. It has nothing to do with some Iran War scaremongering.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
bakari is a kamala supporter

but symone sanders was throwing shade at the sanders camp like literally right after Biden announced lol

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
You can be pro-Biden while endorsing Kamala.

(E: I just wanted to make a Biden touchy joke. Pls.)

Last edited:

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Roy Cooper has a 56-29 approval spread.

I think he'll be reelected fairly easily and help the Senate and presidential nominees.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
How did the Biden speech go? I'm seeing surprising little about it, and I live here. About 10 minutes away from where it was.

Usually it would have been the type of thing I went to just to say I went, but...I was cooking brisket.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
How did the Biden speech go? I'm seeing surprising little about it, and I live here. About 10 minutes away from where it was.

Usually it would have been the type of thing I went to just to say I went, but...I was cooking brisket.
He said "folks" 37 times in a 30-minute speech. That's more than one "folks" per minute.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Notice me. Part of me wants a long a maybe a little nasty Primary because it'll make Trump loose his mind that he's not the center of attention for once.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Biden's speech from yesterday. His promise to work with republicans to make progress towards "civil liberties, civil rights, voting rights, a woman's right to choose, national security, social security, health care and a climate change policy" is an incredibly bold claim.

Outside of national security, how in the hell does he expect to get republicans on board with any of those causes? And even if he did, what kind of watered down nothing policies would those actually look like?

EDIT: Oh I guess he invalidates the Working with Republicans thing in the next sentence. So I'm assuming he doesn't mean anything by working across the aisle or creating unity?

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Watching Biden's speech from yesterday. His promise to work with republicans to make progress towards "civil liberties, civil rights, voting rights, a woman's right to choose, national security, social security, health care and a climate change policy" is an incredibly bold claim.

Outside of national security, how in the hell does he expect to get republicans on board with any of those causes? And even if he did, what kind of watered down nothing policies would those actually look like?

I have to imagine that sort of talk is meant to placate voters who pine for the old days and he actually doesn't mean it, because the alternative explanation is way too depressing. Nobody's that deluded, right?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: Oh I guess he invalidates the Working with Republicans thing in the next sentence. So I'm assuming he doesn't mean anything by working across the aisle or creating unity?

I mean, how is anything going to get done for everyone without the Senate? It's not a Biden-unique thing lol.

I think without Mitch, there's plenty of room on climate change, infrastructure, and even health care to work with Republicans. Gonna need them no matter what!

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Having enthusiastic crowds is a punchline now.

If Pete's able to sell de-naming and renaming Jefferson stuff to democrats and conservatives, I'll back him 100%.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must have shot a bad game on the course today.

More likely his usual caddie called in sick and couldn't arrange his usual cheating antics. Everything I've heard about Trump's golf game (and god damn do I wish we lived in a timeline where I didn't have Donald fucking Trump golf factoids rattling around in my head) is that he's awful at it.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
How would you get anything past the senate if we don't have at least the majority. Fortunately, the best candidates for senate are all on vanity tours pretending to run for president, so there goes that hope.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone in senate should not try and be President. We need every seat. That leaves us with Biden.

Personally, I think people should stop concern trolling about senate seats during a Trump year where the top of the ticket matters most.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody's that deluded, right?

Welllll....

If anyone actually believes it it'd probably be Biden considering the Obama administration's strategy involved a lot of policy meant to entice republican congressmen to vote for it.

I mean, how is anything going to get done for everyone without the Senate? It's not a Biden-unique thing lol.

I think without Mitch, there's plenty of room on climate change, infrastructure, and even health care to work with Republicans. Gonna need them no matter what!

Honestly the Republicans are a completely lost cause. Things got worse since the Obama administration and I don't see them caving on anything. If you want to get laws passed you need to take back the Senate.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that the crime bill dynamic doesn't make any sense to pundits. Of the two who voted for it, the one who supports it the most has the highest AA support. And, the fact that Bernie voted for it makes it tougher to actually attack Biden on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.