• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

2020 Florida Democratic Primary:
Biden 39%
Warren 12%
Sanders 12%
Buttigieg 9%
Harris 7%
O'Rourke 5%
Castro 2%
Gillibrand 1%
Booker 1%
Klobuchar 1%
Gravel 1%
Yang 1%
Moulton 1%

Florida Atlantic University 5/16-19

This seems in line with Warren's National momentum.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If the fines were not part of the actual sentence, the law should be thrown out as a poll tax.

And really any financial requirement should be thrown out as unconstitutional anyway. Is the ACLU filing lawsuits over this at all?

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Does this prohibition on working with Dems on legislation extend to the budget? We're getting another shutdown over investigations everyone!! I can't wait to see the GOP take the hot for that one.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Again Warrens numbers vs Trump head to head scare me. It's really disappointing how so much of the country dislikes her.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think with Warren the VP pick will be crucial. I also think if Hillary picked even a slightly better VP pick we wouldn't be in this mess.

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm... I really hope trump does more of these.

I think he's trying to say that people were claiming one call was to him, but as usual he ignores human syntax and is just generally incoherent. Especially when he's stressed or angry. I don't really know what the fuck he's saying there one way or the other.

edit: fun with transcripts because I'm bored:

"...and what they actually found, who made the calls? one was a friend of ours*, a real estate developer, great guy, most of you know him, nice guy, loves our country- and the other one was the head of NASCAR--two of them--so of the three calls that were so horrible, that he had a meeting and he called me and then he had the meeting after and he made two more calls and they were written about like this little--little lines, couple of lines, no one wanted to admit it..."

At the end he's first referring to what the stories surrounding the calls were claiming and then he skips directly to what was in the Mueller report without any reference or transition.

*mob lingo

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
How would replacing Kaine with a "slightly better" VP candidate of negated the effects of Comey's letter?
This might sound dumb and shallow but I think Booker would have been a better choice if he had an appreciable effect on black turnout.

IIRC if black turnout and voter preference in the three key Midwestern states (MI, PA, WI) had been closer to what it was for Obama, Clinton would have eked out victories in all three of them.

Not saying that to pin blame on the black community for not turning out of course, considering she would have won those three states in landslides if her performance with whites matched what Obama got, but that's probably a factor that was more beyond her control.

I liked Kaine but she needed someone more dynamic as VP.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of nuts that I haven't seen a single soundbite of Beto's townhall last night on my social media. Figured him on CNN would pull some good attention.

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of nuts that I haven't seen a single soundbite of Beto's townhall last night on my social media. Figured him on CNN would pull some good attention.

Yeah, I'm guessing there wasn't a "moment" or anything. But that's okay if he still performed well overall. Sometimes those soundbites only ricochet around the Cable/Twitter-verse and don't really have any real implications with voters at large.

That said, Beto is in need of a "moment" on the national stage to help quell the media from constantly pronouncing his early death.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think seventy-seven thousand people were going to vote for Clinton, saw the Comey letter drop, then changed their vote because they found Tim Kaine and his harmonica lame? Which alternative VP did you have in mind?

It's not about changing votes but additional votes. On her short list I think sherrod, Ryan, or Castro would have done it. Hard to say if they would have taken it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.