• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
I would say North Carolina is ripe for swingy and it'll snapback congressionally and state wise with redistricting most assuredly happening.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The stay was denied by the judge yesterday though
And then Trump would ask the appeals court for a stay.

If that is granted, then they can twiddle their thumbs until a non-expedited hearing is agreed to.

If it's denied, then it can be sent to the Supreme Court to grant a stay.

In both cases, this drags on and on (the actual case is not even being heard at that point).

Jan 15, 2019
[mod-approved by Wonderment]

I haven't been around much the last three weeks or so, but for good reason! My friend and I started a podcast and I'd love if you all checked it out. It's called The Swig Party and each week we try a beer neither of us have drank before while discussing the latest happenings in the world of US politics, then give our thoughts on the beer when we're done. We just launched the first episode today :)

The Swig Party episode 1: The First Draught

And if you're feeling extra charitable and think there's potential here, we set up a Patreon too:
https://www.patreon.com/theswigparty

Any comments and critiques are welcome. The first episode is a little stiff because we were both nervous this first time around, but I'd love to hear what you all think :)

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Is Missouri even a swing state any more

kinda blows my mind it was at one point
LOL no.

Jason Kander was our last chance to win a statewide, highly partisan office. (The auditor office is not really seen as that partisan.) He came so close and would've won if not for the Comey letter, I think. Crazy that MO would've had two Democratic senators for a few years.

Also, get Trump's papers, Auntie Maxine.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If that is granted, then they can twiddle their thumbs until a non-expedited hearing is agreed to.

In both cases, this drags on and on (the actual case is not even being heard at that point).
Gotcha.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Eh

What is the chance of the judge rejecting the stay? What's the fastest time line we have?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the Orange County swing districts are probably pretty different from swing districts elsewhere.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
They're not, actually. These are the Romney->Clinton places where you'd expect this.

What they're different from is the Conor Lamb types places which are Obama->Trump-Dem.

Hillary won districts like Hill's by 5 points or more.

In districts like McBath's, Spanberger's, Underwood's Trump still won in 16.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
And still didn't flip OC House seats.

And then we won all of them. They are the future, the others are the past we're struggling to hold onto.
(Every district he named falls into the "suburban and swung toward Democrats" category, even if Trump won them narrowly; they're not the Obama/Trump districts you described earlier.)

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Canary in the coal mine. It's happening. It's probably just a matter of when. Or rather, figuring out how to time it to do the most damage to get the most votes in the Senate.

In Beto news, here's him on Criminal justice reform:

And in WTF news:
D7NJp2KU8AAe6ty.jpg

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you guys Impeachment for this guy is alot more popular than you think.

WGN guys won't shut up about needing to do it.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Though if they win, is there anything stopping the private company from just sitting on their hands and taking forever if there's no deadline? Seems like a deadline is kind of necessary for enforcement.
They are ready to turn over the docs.

Trump is suing to prevent them from doing so. Once he's defeated, they will comply (as they've sought to do all along).

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I called my reps this morning and actually got ahold of people. It sounded like I wasn't the first to call with my concerns.

Call your reps!

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the all in the family jeffersons live remake, the impersonations are over the top and a bit ridiculous but the material still works. Not sure if today's audiences (including those who saw the shows first-run) are interested, though.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the hold up with those tax returns? Isn't the state tax return supposed to come through?

I'm telling you guys Impeachment for this guy is alot more popular than you think.

WGN guys won't shut up about needing to do it.

I am willing to bet plenty of people, upon being questioned about impeachment for the first time, would feel very vague about what it actually is. And in reality would be supportive of using impeachment to get everything out into the open.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
And this is why Republicans don't speak out against their own: they lose a lot of their money and fast.

Just like with Corker, Flake, and Sanford, they don't care if it flips the district, NOT doing it shows others can voice their own minds on this. Capping a guy even when it hurts you shows you mean business to the cowards.

Florida needs a massive push for voter registration.

Throwing away a state that close is foolish. Democrats still won a statewide election (would have been two but for Broward County) and a majority of the Congressional vote.

Andrew Gillum is on the case!

(with the first voter registration drive outside of presidential election years in the states history...)

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I called my reps this morning and actually got ahold of people. It sounded like I wasn't the first to call with my concerns.

Call your reps!
I can't overstate how important this part is right now. We will absolutely get to impeachment if enough people flood their representative's offices with concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.