• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller shows every sign of being a true misanthrope who wants to see the world burn. He's previously had trouble clamping down on an apparent seething rage when someone challenges his bullshit in an interview.

Actually wonder if he could totally lose it if forced to take questions before congress and make Trump unhappy at another "weak" minion who lets people get to them.

Oct 27, 2017
safe to say the Mueller report release is imminent I guess lol

Miller shows every sign of being a true misanthrope who wants to see the world burn. He's previously had trouble clamping down on an apparent seething rage when someone challenges his bullshit in an interview.

Actually wonder if he could totally lose it if forced to take questions before congress and make Trump unhappy at another "weak" minion who lets people get to them.

There's no way he doesn't go full Phoenix Wright cross exam in a hearing

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

He's a bully, so I have some reservations that the hearing would go well. The reps have to be ready for his schtick.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if the "never forget" part is about the supposed spying or a Tourette's-like reference to 9/11

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Reading SC local news Facebook pages about Ilhan Omar and Trump's attacks on her really makes my blood pressure go up.

I need to stop that.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

If only Democrats had control of the Senate Warren would be a major policy powerhouse.

I am all for giving majority leader to
Warren instead of Shuemer.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Bernard:
EmbellishedGorgeousEstuarinecrocodile-small.gif

He'll claim executive privilege at every turn of course. All indications are that Miller is the guy on Trump's shoulder telling him to break the law whenever possible:

He's never had to defend any of his policies because he's never been the public face for them - that's Trump's, formerly Nielsen's, and SHS' job. He needs to be put on the record on the hack job he performed on the H&HS report that immigration is a net boon to the economy, and whether he pushed for policies that openly violated US or international law. And of course, they why of it all - I'd like someone to flat out ask him if he's a white nationalist, just to see him squirm.

Read that byline in the tweet as "Hell" instead of "Hill" at first.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Wow he's freaking the phuck out.

Clearly Trump was already briefed on the Mueller Report last week, but Barr must be ready to drop the redacted Report within the next couple of days because Trump is going off the rails more-so than usual.

Not saying it will happen, but I would not be completely surprised if we get a sequence of events like:

1. Barr releases the report with minor redactions because he is feeling pressure from Mueller and others and does not want to come off as too much of a lackey.

2. Report shows damning information regarding obstruction and other offenses.

3. Trump loses his shit over Barr not supporting him by redacting literally anything threatening to him, fires Barr.

9QaE.gif

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not saying it will happen, but I would not be completely surprised if we get a sequence of events like:

1. Barr releases the report with minor redactions because he is feeling pressure from Mueller and others and does not want to come off as too much of a lackey.

3. Trump loses his shit over Barr not supporting him by redacting literally anything threatening to him, fires Barr.

9QaE.gif

ThIs is my dream scenario.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017

9QaE.gif

I had a similar thought last night

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

9QaE.gif

#3 is bound to happen. All the Trump lackeys seem to believe that they are the one who get Trump's loyalty. Then they end up in the clown car of rejects.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Side note: I wonder if I can train my Shiba to immitate the chaos reigns fox? Hmm...

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I read an article last night that did a deep dive into Trump's "Oranges/Origins" mix-up, looking at how he was actively trying to say origins but couldn't, which goes hand in hand with early stages of dementia/alzheimer's. My question is, when the hell is it going to turn him into a vegetable already who is unable to tweet? Like there's no way he's going to be able to campaign next year like he did in 2016 right?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

If only Democrats had control of the Senate Warren would be a major policy powerhouse.

We're reaching a point in the political landscape where the Legislative Branch is basically handing the Executive Branch an extreme amount of power to handle domestic issues.

Obviously having the Legislative Branch on your side makes things 100x easier, but it still doesn't buck the trend.

That being said, I'm starting to really favor Warren. I've given her a great deal of shit for her drama she caused, but in a years time that is not going to matter, just like all the other shit that doesn't matter now that will be further forgotten in a weeks time.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Stephen Miller's turn in front of a hot mic. I hope someone asks him about Richard Spencer.

House Democrats are sharpening their focus on Stephen Miller, with key lawmakers (including Jerry Nadler and Kathleen Rice) saying he should be brought before congressional committees to testify about his role in immigration policy controversies. https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/democrats-take-aim-at-miller-as-questions-persist-about-sanctuary-city-targeting/2019/04/14/61824ef4-5ed5-11e9-9ff2-abc984dc9eec_story.html?utm_term=.427b7e906b2b …
50 replies319 retweets955 likes

SHOE POLISH ON THE BENCH.

Ps: im glad hes geting attention; snl shoulda had a scetch on him being wormtongue or something. We need to break his closest away from him.

Don't comply with the law or suffer the consequences.

Impotent threat lawsuit.

Boy Boy is scurrrrrred

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I read an article last night that did a deep dive into Trump's "Oranges/Origins" mix-up, looking at how he was actively trying to say origins but couldn't, which goes hand in hand with early stages of dementia/alzheimer's. My question is, when the hell is it going to turn him into a vegetable already who is unable to tweet? Like there's no way he's going to be able to campaign next year like he did in 2016 right?

He will be 3-4 years older, which is quite significant at his age. Then on top of that you have the stress of actually being president, which ages people like no other job, and the fact that he really had no other responsibilities when he was campaigning in 2016. I don't see how he keeps up the kind of pace he did in 2016 without it possibly killing him, despite it seeming as if he gains rejuvenation from pure anger and spite.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@ShimonPro
Attorney General Bill Barr is expected to release Special Counsel Robert Mueller's redacted report on the Russia investigation to Congress and the public on Thursday morning to Congress and the public, according to Justice Department

11:53 - 15 Apr 2019

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah

Warren also promising to restore Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante:

https://www.ksl.com/article/4653211...ars-ears-grand-escalante-if-elected-president

SALT LAKE CITY — Just two days before a campaign stop in Utah, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts, promised if she's elected president, she'll restore the state's Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante national monuments.

In a Medium.com post, Warren also pledged that "on my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that says no more drilling — a total moratorium on all new fossil fuel leases, including for drilling offshore and on public lands."

The senator, scheduled to appear at The Depot in Salt Lake City at a free event open to the public at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, slammed President Donald Trump's public lands policies in the post made available to the media.

"The Trump Administration is busy selling off our public lands to the oil, gas and coal industries for pennies on the dollar — expanding fossil fuel extraction that destroys pristine sites across the country while pouring an accelerant on our climate crisis," she said.

Warren said she "will use my authorities under the Antiquities Act to restore protections to both monuments and any other national monuments targeted by this administration."

I wish I could make it out to that event, don't often get democratic candidates out to Utah that often.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He successfully said "origins " almost out of nowhere later in the week and it sounded like he'd been practicing. He may - an outside chance- just naturally stumble on the word like when I use a rarely used term and revert to a Scottish accent simply because I have never or rarely said that word in twenty years of living in the USA. My wife once laughed for a half hour when I said "Tortoise" ( TORR-TOYCE instead of TOR-TIS).

But I suspect it's a brain ailment and potentially a physical one. Another thought is that he misread or misstated "origins " but his instinct to be right literally overcame his instinct to be correct. He's doing more and more "I shit myself on purpose " to the point it may have become reflexive or a mania.

He does a softer version of that on TelePrompTer where he might say "economic prospectors" instead of "prospects" and then try to make it into a real sentence rather than acknowledge a minor verbal gaffe.

And then worst case scenario- all of the above- is the safest Occam's razor.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Wow he's freaking the phuck out.

Clearly Trump was already briefed on the Mueller Report last week, but Barr must be ready to drop the redacted Report within the next couple of days because Trump is going off the rails more-so than usual.
Nah, this is normal. Everyone always says "OMG, his tweets mean [something]", and then nothing.
This is how it's always been.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you have Giulliani and his other lawyers out here talking about releasing their "counter report" this week alongside the Mueller report tells you all you need to know. Some damning and/or embarrassing shit must be in this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.