• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I posted that dumb take on Ilhan's Notre Dame tweet thinking it was a small bit of dumb talking heads maybe... but the actual replies to her tweet are all ridiculously against what she said. Complaining she didn't name it, didn't call it a church, all she thinks about it is art and architecture, etc.

It's nuts.

Don't forget that Russia still has a sizable bot army...

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It's like the rights problem is with Omar herself not what she says.
If this keeps happening, maybe that's just proof that Ilhan Omar is the problem!!! I mean what would the alternative be??? That the party who spent 30 years vilifying Hillary Clinton for everything she said or did would disingenuously start vilifying a Muslim woman freshman member of Congress for everything she says or does??? Preposterous!!!!!!!

(i was going to type this post in the aLtErNaTiNg TeXt but then it ended up being too long)

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If this keeps happening, maybe that's just proof that Ilhan Omar is the problem!!! I mean what would the alternative be??? That the party who spent 30 years vilifying Hillary Clinton for everything she said or did would disingenuously start vilifying a Muslim woman freshman member of Congress for everything she says or does??? Preposterous!!!!!!!

(i was going to type this post in the aLtErNaTiNg TeXt but then it ended up being too long)
At least she's giving AOC some time to work on her mental health, ready for the next absurd out of context attack she faces.

Omar has, since the ill advised 'Benjamins' tweet, proven to be an absolute role model, in almost impossible circumstances. It gives me a lot of hope for the future that we're seeing politicians like her coming through.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Make no mistake the NYT wants a fractured Dem party and dumpster fire convention like in 2016. Best to not give trash articles like these the time of day. David Brock lol
Well I'm definitely not going to take any of that as gospel. But you also can't rule out the possibility of Bernie causing some primary/convention high drama.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
At least she's giving AOC some time to work on her mental health, ready for the next absurd out of context attack she faces.

Omar has, since the ill advised 'Benjamins' tweet, proven to be an absolute role model, in almost impossible circumstances. It gives me a lot of hope for the future that we're seeing politicians like her coming through.
I'm hardly some fire-breathing leftist hellbent on burning down the establishment, but damn, whenever I see some innocuous Omar comment spun out of control by so-called "allies" I kind of get it.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hardly some fire-breathing leftist hellbent on burning down the establishment, but damn, whenever I see some innocuous Omar comment spun out of control by so-called "allies" I kind of get it.

I've not see anything but dishonest attacks by the right for her recent innocuous comment about Paris.
There is nothing there, not even something that's bad when taken out of context.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think some of the things Omar has said have been genuinely dumb or at least tactless, while others have been legitimate and argued against plainly in bad faith. This is probably the worst, stupidest of all though.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
I think some of the things Omar has said have been genuinely dumb or at least tactless, while others have been legitimate and argued against plainly in bad faith. This is probably the worst, stupidest of all though.

Seriously, If they can't find something to take out of context the GOP will just complain about made up issues.
On the bright side, if they keep crying wolf, only the rabid base will buy into the narrative.

She's never actually said anything that's wrong.

Let's not go into this again.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
She's never actually said anything that's wrong.
It was a *bad* idea to quote lyrics from a song that had anti-semetic lyrics in it originally when criticising AIPAC.

People were right to ask her to apologize. Her apology was solid. Everything after that from her critics has been transparent as fuck.

But, even that genuine mistake (which I believe it was) got people talking about the real issues with AIPAC more than they had been prior to it.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

Trump tried to make this his official nickname for Bernie when Sanders announced he was in the race. It fell flat because Bernie doesn't give a shit what people call him, and pretty much everyone else viewed it as a weak effort.

Looks like he's still trying to make it stick, but it just comes of as lame.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This is an uncanny comparison to point that I feel that someone (either Rowling, Columbus or Branagh) was channeling some Trump here.
She said that while there are influences of people in her life in other characters, Lockhart is the only character she explicitly based on someone she knew.

And then said he's probably going around today claiming that he wrote the books and let her take the credit, ironic given what we find out about Lockhart later.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Crazy Bernie is a terrible insult. If anything it emphasizes his outsider, anti establishment status, which is his main perceived strength.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
And "crazy" on its own doesn't really mean anything. "Crooked" at least denoted corruption, what does "crazy" even point to?

just look at his hair!

153286.jpg

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Trump telling the RNC that he's going to call Bernie "The Nutty Professor" from now on?!

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Buttigieg has it. I don't know if he will continue to climb in polling but he is something special.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I think Pete Buttigieg is an ideal Vice-president. I'd be shocked if he wins the nomination, but I'm expecting him to get the VP nod if neither Biden or Bernie win.

The news with regards to Notre Dame is horrible though. Thankfully, there is ample photographic documentation to aid in a repair. I expect over a billion dollars will be raised to pay for it over the next few weeks. I read this morning that over 300 million has already come in. And hopefully the Vatican will offer more than thoughts and prayers and open up their vault of riches to make sure it gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.