• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
She's signalling that people should stop asking her if she wants to be Biden's VP.
To me, moving towards the front runner in any way when you're polling 20-30% below him prior to the primaries does to show much self confidents in her prospects of becoming the nominee. This is signaling to her base that she approves of Biden, and if she ends up dropping out in favor of him with the promise of a VP position it could do him well in a crowded field going forward in the primaries; it would also make all of her effort worth something in a potential Biden Administration.

I'd take Harris over Biden any day and I don't like to hear this sort of talk from her, but this is how I'm reading it because cozying up to the front runner is not a sign of strength.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
The polling on Biden has got me thinking, and I know no one here needs to be convinced, but I hope the accelerationist crowd is paying attention that this is what happens when society shifts radically to the right. People don't want society to shift radically to the left to make everything better, they just want it to stop shifting. How many people do you know that say things like "I just miss when I didn't have to think about it and it wasn't all over the news"?Most people aren't that interested in politics, they aren't interested in trying to figure out what steps can be taken to improve society, they just want to come home from work and trust that the person driving the car is doing a decent enough job. That's basically the entire appeal of Biden.

I am really afraid of scenario where Biden wins and is ineffective, probably passes some useless bipartisan bills, and Democrats go "We did it! We stopped Trump!" while much of the horrible things this administration has done become normalized. It's going to be really easy for a lot of people to convince themselves that the second Trump is out of office that we've fixed everything.

Oct 26, 2017

B+ pollster on 538.

P much.

I thought Buttigieg was doing well? I guess Biden's "electability" is cutting in to his support.

Also I have no idea what to think of Beto's performance at this point; some polls have him dropping like a rock but this one seems consistence with his performance throughout the last month while everyone else is falling. Also, he's been doing great ground work, but his national-level media presence and performance leaves a lot to be desired.

Oct 30, 2017
So, what happened with the court case involving Trump's financials being subpoenaed and he didn't want his people to release them. Wasn't that supposed to be yesterday or today? I haven't heard anything about it. All anyone wants to talk about is how it looks like Trump wants to repeat 2003 and invade Iran.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Buttigieg was doing well? I guess Biden's "electability" is cutting in to his support.

Also I have no idea what to think of Beto's performance at this point; some polls have him dropping like a rock but this one seems consistence with his performance throughout the last month while everyone else is falling. Also, he's been doing great ground work, but his national-level media presence and performance leaves a lot to be desired.

An A- poll that came out a while ago had them with reverse numbers. I thought it'd been posted. Buttigieg is doing well. It's all kind of a crapshoot at this point though until the debates. This is before Beto went on Maddow and after Pete got a bunch of hit pieces after him for his PoC problem.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
So, what happened with the court case involving Trump's financials being subpoenaed and he didn't want his people to release them. Wasn't that supposed to be yesterday or today? I haven't heard anything about it. All anyone wants to talk about is how it looks like Trump wants to repeat 2003 and invade Iran.
Judge gave parties til Friday to submit additional briefs, will consider it over the weekend, no timetable on a ruling but the judge indicates he thinks time is a factor here.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
To me, moving towards the front runner in any way when you're polling 20-30% below him prior to the primaries does to show much self confidents in her prospects of becoming the nominee. This is signaling to her base that she approves of Biden, and if she ends up dropping out in favor of him with the promise of a VP position it could do him well in a crowded field going forward in the primaries; it would also make all of her effort worth something in a potential Biden Administration.

I'd take Harris over Biden any day and I don't like to hear this sort of talk from her, but this is how I'm reading it because cozying up to the front runner is not a sign of strength.

It makes sense you would think that because the Politico article makes it sound like she brought it up out of the blue.

When in fact, they omitted that it was in response to a reporter asking if she was sick of being talked about as a VP:

Read this way, her quip that "As vice president, he's proven that he knows how to do the job" could be read as sarcasm.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

This is going to be a fascinating case. Obviously I said with the parents but I have to admit the law did not account for this when it was written.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kylegriffin1
Fire from Bob Menendez when he asks Undersecretary of State for Arms Control Andrea Thompson about Russian nuclear plans without New START.

Thompson: "It's a good question for Russia, senator."
Menendez: "I'm not asking Russia about our national defense. I'm asking you."
15:35 - 15 May 2019

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN

Barr approached the top Democrat at National Peace Officers' Memorial Day event outside the Capitol, shook her hand and said loudly "Madam Speaker, did you bring your handcuffs?" a bystander told NBC News.

Pelosi — who will be scheduling the contempt vote against Barr in the House of Representatives — smiled, and indicated that the House Sergeant at Arms was present at the ceremony should an arrest be necessary, the bystander said. Barr chuckled and walked away.

Smug piece of shit.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
The green military idea is actually pretty brilliant, because it uses military bloat to help with the extremely large investment it'll require to combat climate change, while also countering the "Democrats don't care about the military" narrative. We don't have to cut their budget by a dime*, it comes off more as shuffling priorities

*I mean we should anyway but you know

But I am not surprised at all that there are certain leftists who can't see the forest for a single branch. That's right, not even the trees.
Excellent point that I didn't consider. I shall use it as a cudgel the next time someone tells me that fucking Elizabeth Warren is towing the imperialist line

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God help me because I'm actually going to defend a Trump tweet. BUT the main stream media is kind of known for making mountains of molehills in the name of hyping up potential war...

Um yeah but Bolton is literally pushing plans to invade Iran. Generals are presenting counterpoints to try and stop it. It's serious and real and not a molehill. It's a proper mountain. It should be on the news nonstop.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@yashar
· 24m
Scoop: Sen. Kamala Harris Will Not Appear On Fox News For A Town Hall https://yashar.substack.com/p/scoop-kamala-harrisfox-news
Yashar Ali 🐘

@yashar
2. In an interview with @PodSaveAmerica, Senator Harris told @jonfavs: "I think there's a whole other conversation to be had about how Fox News does their work and the bias with which they do it." https://yashar.substack.com/p/scoop-kamala-harrisfox-news
16:05 - 15 May 2019

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

YMCA is dead, can't see Cheeto giving up the tarrifs tbh[/QUOTE]
NAFTA dying would straight up ensure he lost reelection due to the fallout.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop with Ron Desantis.
He continues to seem to be better than Rick Scott.

https://www.winknews.com/2019/04/29...to-study-algae-harmful-environmental-impacts/

Well he won't reveal where the Russians infiltrated the voting rolls.

Oh and the poll tax thing that overruled a statewide ballot measure.

But other than that...

Edit: also the red algae was a problem Scott chose to ignore and he probably hates rick Scott more than he actually cares about Florida.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I know, but it's Florida.
I've been here forever.

Well, that's something.
Probably something Sunshine laws can unveil though thankfully.

Sunshine laws deal with documents and meetings at the state level. FBI required an NDA supposedly. The counties that were hacked will be leaked soon, because the FBI notified them about it last year.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this demonstrates how important having Warren in the race continues to be. Taking the stand that Fox News is a racist organization puts pressure on the other candidates. And this isn't the first time that Warren has taken a position which has started an important conversation.
Her actions affect the field in the way you would expect the front-runner's to.

Status
Not open for further replies.