• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Renato Mariotti @renato_mariotti

Conrad Black served time for obstruction of justice even though convictions for underlying crimes were invalidated.

Trump just pardoned him, along with a politician convicted of public corruption.

8:35 PM - May 15, 2019

Dan Murphy @bungdan

Conrad Black is one of the sleaziest people ever in the puss-drenched newspaper business. He's also a white supremacist who said the "very fine" neo-Nazis who chanted "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville were a Democratic Party false flag. Of course Trump pardoned him.

8:29 PM - May 15, 2019

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Matthews to fall in love with Pete. His rhetorical style in those setups is very Obama-esque.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Conrad Black is a blast from the past. He was infamous as fuck in the UK long before his Charlottesville comments.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
OIEgVg4_d.jpg
this seems recursive somehow

Oct 25, 2017
Also true. That said, we do know this is how the people who originally linked the GOP and anti-abortion movement looked at it. They saw it as an issue that could be used to drive turnout in elections.

Sure. Those folks ain't running the party anymore though.

Plus, they can always harp on something else to goose turnout. Too many women reading books, too many black folks not saluting the flag, too many gay folks shacking up, too many trans folks using the "wrong" restroom, etc.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I for some reason called my phone a cell phone the other day and suddenly felt like I was having a Quantum Leap moment.

Oct 27, 2017
A guest on maddow, a writer for slate, thinks Alabama fucked up by going in so hard and so cruel. She doesn't think Roberts will go for this in an election year.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A guest on maddow, a writer for slate, thinks Alabama fucked up by going in so hard and so cruel. She doesn't think Roberts will go for this in an election year.
This was my thoughts yesterday evening. Roberts won't be overturning Roe vs. Wade to the extent that a law can criminalize almost all forms of abortion and stay valid. He wouldn't mind putting some dents into it that could give way in time. But a full out ban like Alabama? Hell no.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Something like an entirely arbitrary and unscientific abortion ban based on time feels like a thing that could be upheld under the normal guise of judicial vagueness and bullshitting adaptive precedent, but yeah an outright ban that would entirely overturn every last word of what's on the record is a much harder sell.

TLDR, they should have passed one that did have rape and incest exemptions and it would be easier to get away with.

Oct 27, 2017
TLDR, they should have passed one that did have rape and incest exemptions and it would be easier to get away with

They've primed the base so much with promises of full repeal, that anything less would be seen as weak tea when they have shiny new SCOTUS toys. Conservatives have to turn the sadism up to 11, or the dogs get confused and start barking at them, and we all know the only thing these assholes fear is a primary from the right.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alabama is absolutely completely barbaric hellzone. Poorest state in the Union, lowest education after Mississippi and like 90% rural methzone. Hard to believe that Alabama elected Doug Jones.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I was expecting Betsy DeVos go full blown Super Ultra Margaret Spellings vs Postcards from Buster and Arthur II: Turbo HD Champion Mega Aardvark Fighters EX Plus Alpha Arcade Edition Mix

It's funny how controversial that allusion to lesbianism in Postcards from Buster was, while Mr. Ratburn coming out and getting married is hardly a blink on anyone's radar, and all from the same show, 23 years running (granting that Postcards from Buster is a spinoff)

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I think they went full-on with the bill, as they don't actually care if it lasts.

They want the courts to overturn it. The end goal is to always get the courts back, and if they can point at that mean ol' liberal John Roberts....well, that's another wave of donations coming through.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Rather, I think the abortion laws are a series of nigh-impossible moonshots, because eventually they will get lucky.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
I remembered Conrad Black when his company owned the Chicago Sun-Times until all of the lawsuits propped and was forced to sell and then getting indicted by Patrick Fitzgerald then got convicted for mail fraud which led him to go all the way up to the SC for Black vs. United States.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that come 2021 when a Democrat sits in the White House, Democrats control the house, McConnell -might- still control the Senate, and McConnell will come out and spout some nonsense about returning to normalcy and normal government practices and working to move past the last 4 years for a more prosperous America.

Then President Warren should promptly punch him in his turtle throat.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Nadler: Being passive isn't winning you respect from allies or fear from these jackholes.

What's with Alabama's fixation with endlessly perpetuating the stereotype of their being a third world country in the middle of the US? Does the infinite misery sexually arouse them or something? They can't actually enjoy being a global punchline, right?

"I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it. If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Welcome to the resistance, Arthur.

YOU MEAN THE DRAGON OF BUDAPEST? THE SCOURGE OF THE DANUBE?

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Extremist politicians in every state have worked for decades to ban abortion. We will not let them win. #AlabamaAbortionBan

They're really good at putting together these videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.