• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
A) John Bel Edwards SUCKS but I'm not aware of a better Democrat that could win that state right now and if it falls into Republican hands the state probably enter a time warp 50+ years into the past. We don't need Anti-Choice Democrats representing Suburban Chicago. We probably do need them representing Louisiana.

B) I get the point Sharpton is trying to make but I too am not very comfortable with the idea of "Blacks hate the Gays" getting traction. That would be a shitty, harmful and inaccurate (due to lack of nuance) narrative to have proliferate.

As an aside, since you're posting in here brainchild, what do you do at Gamexplain and how did you end up there?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, gotta say, I'm really impressed with Sanders's K-12 plan. It's pretty comprehensive and well thought out.
Including busing feels like it might be in there to bring up to contrast with Biden because that is really not a topic that you're generally looking to deliberately bring up in 2019. (The numbers are unlikely to have gotten substantially better since the '70s and generally everyone's looking to funding solutions instead nowadays https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1106293438914486274 )

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look at this horseshit:

Cop killers could face death penalty in Massachusetts under new bill
https://www.wcvb.com/article/cop-ki...alty-in-massachusetts-under-new-bill/27515381
People convicted of murdering a police officer in Massachusetts could face the death penalty under a new bill filed by state lawmakers, the Boston Herald reported.

Rep. Shaunna O'Connell and Rep. David DeCoste filed the bill that would give judges the option to sentence people over the age of 18 to death for killing a police officer.

The pair filed the bill in response to the deaths of Weymouth police Sgt. Michael Chesna, Yarmouth police Sgt. Sean Gannon and Auburn police Officer Ronald Tarentino, the Herald reported.
I predict it goes nowhere but still.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Mayor Pete Buttigieg speaks in Chicago: "We need to change the channel from the show that we've all been watching. And that's my response to this presidency."

Now this was great.

I'm interested in his debate performance but there's going to be so many people he won't have much time.

Mod post - metacommentary

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Knock off the metacommentary about who belongs here. This thread is supposed to be for everyone on the forum who wants to be here for discussion.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if he keeps Florida it makes things very tight for the Dems.

Considering the meltdown of NCGOP, the WIGOP following the NCGOP playbook, and the almost assured flip of Arizona, I don't think its all that tight for any specific side so much as it is a toss up but the more that Trump's trade war romps the rustbelt and the sort, the more likely it becomes for key states that flipped in 2018 to remain flipped in 2020.

Albert

Oct 25, 2017

God, he's awful.

The only way I see him losing at this point is if he does badly at the debates. The optics of him looking like he's going to fall asleep while in the company of more energetic candidates will (hopefully) do a number on his support. Even someone like Bernie who's a year older is clearly much sharper than Biden is.

Firmly in the Beto, Harris, and Warren camp here and would be thrilled to vote for any of them.

Here's a great clip of Harris being fun:

Pure joy.

I love this.

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, if he keeps Florida it makes things very tight for the Dems.
Ehhh, it's not an overwhelming electoral victory but it's pretty solid. PA+MI+WI and they don't need Iowa. They could even lose New Hampshire *or* Nevada, and don't have to pick up the NE and ME split votes.

It's prettttty much over with the Midwest states back.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Like fucking hell, msnbc should require its hosts to know the basic facts of significant news of the day so they don't just let propaganda get spewed on the air. Props to this guy for calling it out, but he either didn't know the specifics of the NY law or was just exasperated at that point. The host should have been briefed enough to make the correction.

And if anyone is not aware, this is the text of the NY law

The Reproductive Health Act, sponsored by Democratic state Sen. Liz Krueger, says that a health care practitioner "may perform an abortion when, according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health."

And they should also know that Northam was talking about palliative care, not about healthy children being aborted.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh, it's not an overwhelming electoral victory but it's pretty solid. PA+MI+WI and they don't need Iowa. They could even lose New Hampshire *or* Nevada, and don't have to pick up the NE and ME split votes.

It's prettttty much over with the Midwest states back.

Right, but I guess my thought is those 3 states together is not a given. No other states matter as much as those 3. I guess it's WI I'm most worried about.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
So now that we know we won't see the tax returns, what else are the Democrats going to try and fail to get?

Oct 25, 2017
I was super surprised to see Kamala Harris go on Sam Bee's show.

I would have figured after the "feckless cunt" incident Dems wouldn't want to appear on there.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I was super surprised to see Kamala Harris go on Sam Bee's show.

I would have figured after the "feckless cunt" incident Dems wouldn't want to appear on there.

Why should Democrats be afraid of truth? I mean, honestly, Democrats need to stop engaging and responding to any outrage from the right after the shit they are currently doing when it comes to women's rights.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

So the right is trying to make Hunter Biden into the same kind of criminals Jr/Eric/Ivanka are?

Okay. Werk.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That line and argument could singlehandedly win him the nomination.
It's why he's the frontrunner.

Idk. I think a lot of Biden's problems with the left could be smoothed over with an amazing VP pick. Though I also think Biden's problems with the left are overstated by Internet critics, most of the big name Dem politicians have 80% or higher favorability among the base anyway. Obama, Clinton, Biden, Pelosi, Sanders, doesn't matter.

Abrams is probably still his ideal VP nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.