• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

I commented about this very thing yesterday. Biden's second statement directly contradicts his first statement.

He's saying he wants to help bring minorities and other oppressed people out of the shit, but then he starts talking about working together with the people who are suppressing them.

If you want to unify with the other side, doesn't the other side need to actively stop attacking you first?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

So the right is trying to make Hunter Biden into the same kind of criminals Jr/Eric/Ivanka are?

Okay. Werk.

Not sure why anyone would care all that much about Hunter doing crack. Anyway to save y'all the click

Breitbart News has exclusively obtained a heretofore unreported-on police report from days before the 2016 presidential election that describes how a cocaine pipe that authorities determined was used to smoke cocaine was found in a rental car returned to an Arizona Hertz location in the middle of the night. Also found in the vehicle were several personal effects of Hunter Biden, then-Vice President Joe Biden's son, like two of his DC driver's licenses, multiple credit cards, and personally identifying information like a Delaware Attorney General badge and a U.S. Secret Service business card that police said bore his name. Hunter Biden, according to the police report, had rented the vehicle from a location in California with the intent to return it to the Prescott, Arizona, location, where it was discovered the morning after it was dropped off with the drug paraphernalia and Hunter Biden's personal effects inside.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy how much oppo is being thrown at the wall on the right wing side since Biden announced. I mean, we've seen oppo on the left wing side for almost every candidate, but Biden's really set them off.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

Fox News has two pollsters on 538: one A rank and one B rank. This is the B rank one.

These are pleasant numbers besides the strong support for Biden. Things are balancing out and trends are looking fairly consistent bringing everything to appropriate levels and in better directions as the preseason settles in. The declines are in the right places and to the right degree. Plenty of room for recovery for those candidates that have lost small amounts of support.
It's encouraging to see the continuing indications of slowly increasing support for Warren.
Nice indicators in the polls for Williamson lately, too. She's getting included in polls and her numbers are going up.
This is her second qualifying poll for the debates. It looks like she'll fully qualify.

Wow Cheeto caved (like a dog??? /s)

Still nowhere in the House though

Hopefully Trudeau takes a lesson from Abe and politically plays along to get along. It's not like the gesture will harm his re-election chances or improve Trump's.
Freeland can be more circumspect and take the harder line in rhetoric for the gov.

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
Like fucking hell, msnbc should require its hosts to know the basic facts of significant news of the day so they don't just let propaganda get spewed on the air. Props to this guy for calling it out, but he either didn't know the specifics of the NY law or was just exasperated at that point. The host should have been briefed enough to make the correction.

This is the most frustrating thing about cable news. All of us who post in/follow this thread have jobs and other things to do, and somehow we can follow this stuff better than people paid to talk on TV about it? And so often it's really basic stuff that takes a sentence or less to refute.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Trudeau takes a lesson from Abe and politically plays along to get along. It's not like the gesture will harm his re-election chances or improve Trump's.
Freeland can be more circumspect and take the harder line in rhetoric for the gov.
Trudeau needs a little help, so if this does the trick...

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Didn't brainchild get called a paid Bernie shill for posting information and news the other day?
You're right. That's ridiculous and offensive. I don't think he gets paid.
It was heavily implied, yes. Primaries getting embarrassing for all candidate supporters

For the record, just in case there's any confusion for anyone out there, I'm not paid to talk/post news about Bernie Sanders. I have over 6000 posts on this forum and my posts about Bernie represent a very small fraction of that number. I now realize that my vocal support for Sanders (and my affiliation with the 2016 campaign) might have given people the impression that I'm running some kind of PR for Sanders, so I just want to be clear that that's absolutely not the case.

My political posts do focus on Sanders a lot because we're in the primary cycle and he's the candidate who's most appealing to me right now but that can definitely change (I actually went into this primary not supporting Bernie as my preferred candidate) and I also feel like when every supporter shares news about their preferred candidate it provides a balanced perspective for everyone (they're the most likely to share neutral or positive news about a given candidate). I don't have to worry too much about sharing negative news about Sanders because there are plenty of people who are more than happy to do that. It's very easy to have a warped sense of perspective about a person if your exposure to news about them is limited or selective, so I'm doing my part in helping to balance things out. I certainly appreciate when BoboBrazil and others post news about Beto, or when weirder posts news about Williamson, because otherwise I think my perspectives about these candidates would not be as positive as they are.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion that anyone might have had about my motivation for posting here.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Biden is basically asking for people to vote republican down ballot if he's the nominee. If partisanship and anger is bad and unity and republicans are good, wouldn't that make it bad to not vote for a single republican on the ballot?

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so justin amash is gonna be the one not-totally-shit republican

Amash is a literal Republican In Name Only. He's an actual Libertarian (at least, the current definition of the label), unlike pretenders like Ron and Rand Paul.

Honestly, it'd be interesting to see if he is the window into what the average Republican will look like post 2030, after the current base of older white folks is too small to win anything.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
As an aside, since you're posting in here @brainchild, what do you do at Gamexplain and how did you end up there?

I do the tech analyses for the channel (most recent one being for Yoshi's Crafted World). Currently working on a very special project that we plan to release soon 😃

As for how I got connected with GX, we'll probably have to talk about that another time.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm slowly coming to accept the conclusion that it is highly likely that Biden will end up the nominee with how his support actually seems to be consolidating. Definitely not voting for him in the primary but god I'm not looking forward to peope saying they arent voting because he is not better than Trump

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect. Trump wants to pardon a slew of war criminals on Memorial Day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/18/us/trump-pardons-war-crimes.html

President Trump has requested the immediate preparation of paperwork needed to pardon several American military members accused or convicted of war crimes — including high-profile cases of murder, attempted murder and desecration of a corpse — indicating that he is considering pardons for the men on or around Memorial Day, according to two United States officials.

The requests are for Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher of the Navy SEALs, who is scheduled to stand trial in the coming weeks on charges of shooting unarmed civilians and killing an enemy captive with a knife while deployed in Iraq.

They are also believed to include the case of a former Blackwater security contractor recently found guilty in the deadly 2007 shooting of dozens of unarmed Iraqis; the case of Maj. Mathew L. Golsteyn, the Army Green Beret accused of killing an unarmed Afghan in 2010; and the case of a group of Marine Corps snipers charged with urinating on the corpse of a dead Taliban fighter.

maybe this is leaked to dissuade him from doing it, idk.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm slowly coming to accept the conclusion that it is highly likely that Biden will end up the nominee with how his support actually seems to be consolidating. Definitely not voting for him in the primary but god I'm not looking forward to peope saying they arent voting because he is not better than Trump

Those people will be few but they will be very online.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Look at the size of that rally:

The split is 6k in El Paso, 10.5k in Houston, and 14k in Austin. Why did Douvere lie?

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Justin Amash is consistently the least bad Republican in Congress. He's a libertarian, so he at least gets things right on a few issues, and he's mostly ideologically consistent, regardless of what the rest of the GOP does.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Hickenlooper getting more people out than Biden and Warren is my only real takeaway from those numbers.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Trying to make all public colleges and universities free would be like trying to force states to adopt Obamacare cash. It's state institutions and state money, and it's billions upon billions of dollars on the line. It is possible to arrange? Oh hell yes. Are all states necessarily going to go along with it? Oh hell no. Especially when it's a dem initiative.

This might be a fairly unpopular opinion, but there's also a bit of a logical fallacy in saying you can offer up access to affordable college for all--There's not unlimited amounts of room in universities. It's already stupidly competitive with a limited number of admissions. Should it be made -more- affordable for people? Absolutely. But don't pretend that the end all be all to higher education is making it free. It would be a lot easier to subsidize 2-year programs for some time where space is far less of an issue while you attempted to increase accommodations in 4-year systems. Basically, it would take time to make the changes legitimately fair for everyone.

It ends up being a backdoor racial issue, too, where you're going to have a painfully hard time trying to talk white people out of arguing that they should give up places in higher education for kids on the mere fact that minorities might be just as qualified (or better). I'd argue this is a way larger mental block for the process than the money.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
That's a creative interpretation.
I think it was a pretty popular view in the Clinton/Bush era. "Straight ticket voting is for dumb partisans, and split governments are good because checks and balances". Split ticket with a bias towards republicans was basically my family's party allegiance. It's an easy connection to make when Biden is obviously arguing for going back to that time period.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/08/08/split-ticket-districts-once-common-are-now-rare/

The Nixon/Reagan era was the height of split ticket voting because racist dems liked racist presidential candidates but took a while to actually leave their party. The Clinton/Bush era had a lot of split tickets no matter which president you vote for, which could be more sorting, but I suspect my experience wasn't that rare and a major reason for those stats. The split ticket party allegiance died for me and everyone around me in 2010 which is also in line with those trends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.