• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'll bow to the relentless pressure.

ehdpe3m.jpg
His Chasten cosplay is on POINT.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
How long? And what's the next step to appeal? How many times can he appeal?

If this is the case I think it is, they went through a Federal Court, and now can appeal to the DC Circuit Court. If that fails, then they can appeal to the Supreme Court. Usually these cases drag out for months, but I believe the judge in this case immediately identified that's what they wanted and rebuked them for it while also speeding up the process as much as possible.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For reference, there was ~500,000 US troops involved with the Gulf War.

You're not starting a war with 10,000 troops unless you're sending them to their death as a tripwire situation

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, there was ~500,000 US troops involved with the Gulf War.

You're not starting a war with 10,000 troops unless you're sending them to their death as a tripwire situation
Right. Last week it was 120,000, and everyone and their mother said that number wouldn't be enough for anything, especially a ground invasion.

10,000 - not even 10,000; "up to" 10,000 - is definitely not enough.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the case I think it is, they went through a Federal Court, and now can appeal to the DC Circuit Court. If that fails, then they can appeal to the Supreme Court. Usually these cases drag out for months, but I believe the judge in this case immediately identified that's what they wanted and rebuked them for it while also speeding up the process as much as possible.
Can an appeal be rejected and a hearing stand?

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
The DCCC is run by incumbents. Of course they're interested in policies that are self-preservationist in nature.
"Actually, it's good that they compromise the core beliefs of the party to protect their seat from possible primary challengers that might better reflect the party's values. Don't you understand strategy?"

Oct 27, 2017
am i the dumb one here when i see polls about trump vs __________ in GE in 2020 in 2019 and want to scream from the roof tops "IT'S NOT EVEN PRIMARY SEASON OR EVEN 2020 YET, STFU with the doom and gloom and stuff!

My god there's planning ahead and then there's whatever the hell is going on in progressive circles to make them think Biden will be the nom

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Note the plus six against Harris, who usually fares better with him. Trump's really bringing out the racism in Florida in a big way.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If you're expecting a win in FL after 18 then I don't know why.

The state is clearly lean R now, more than it probably was a decade ago.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Why do we continue to suffer?" says Florida man after voting GOP the past 4 elections.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Florida needs a massive push for voter registration.

Throwing away a state that close is foolish. Democrats still won a statewide election (would have been two but for Broward County) and a majority of the Congressional vote.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the judges in these financial records cases refusing to issue a stay means that the companies have to comply with the House subpoena and hand over the records right? If they issued a stay then they wouldn't necessarily have to while Trump's lawyers work an appeal?

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the judges in these financial records cases refusing to issue a stay means that the companies have to comply with the House subpoena and hand over the records right? If they issued a stay then they wouldn't necessarily have to while Trump's lawyers work an appeal?
I'm guessing they could appeal and the next judge up could issue the stay. But not sure how quickly the appeal would be heard or if the companies would have already complied by then. I'm not sure who the litigants are. The companies may want to provide the info and be done with it.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Dems should still campaign there, just because of how close it will always be, but you should never expect a win at this point.

I've commented before on the problem being that FL's white voters have increasingly started voting more in line with the rest of the South and minorities, besides Cubans who are voting Republican, just don't turn out in significant enough numbers to counter it in the margins.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida is tight AF. Don't throw us away quite yet, we're a weird fucking place, but we are about as swing as you can get in this polarized country

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
"Why do we continue to suffer?" says Florida man after voting GOP the past 4 elections.
"He's hurting the wrong people!"

I imagine there's some quirk of process where because they know he's going to appeal they can't or won't comply.

They can't sit on an appeal forever after notice of intent. The appeal for the first case was filed the next morning, and there will probably be one tomorrow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.