• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I lean toward believing Trump won't win re-election but after 2016 I have a hard time using polling numbers to justify that sense.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Apparently the 4 Trump kids have booked out the entire floor at some 5-star hotel in London, for their visit with the Queen etc. The most expensive room in the hotel is $27,000 a night. First of all, why are they there at all? Second, are US taxpayers paying for all of this? I expect so, since those grifters never pay for anything themselves.

https://www./news/article-7094767/T...loor-22-000-night-five-star-London-hotel.html

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I lean toward believing Trump won't win re-election but after 2016 I have a hard time using polling numbers to justify that sense.
I don't necessarily believe they actually factor in the undercover Trump supporters. Maybe I'll have my faith restored but I'm going to look at any poll with Trump with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the 4 Trump kids have booked out the entire floor at some 5-star hotel in London, for their visit with the Queen etc. The most expensive room in the hotel is $27,000 a night. First of all, why are they there at all? Second, are US taxpayers paying for all of this? I expect so, since those grifters never pay for anything themselves.

https://www./news/article-7094767/T...loor-22-000-night-five-star-London-hotel.html

Nice that they're letting Tiffany come along

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I think he (Mulvane) is prepared to burn it all down to further his ambitioun. Letting Trump be Trump only helps him in the end. Also he seems to enjoy watching Trump take the torch to everything. If anyone deserved a punch to the face it's that guy.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I don't necessarily believe they actually factor in the undercover Trump supporters. Maybe I'll have my faith restored but I'm going to look at any poll with Trump with a healthy dose of skepticism.
...I don't think there are shy Trumpers. They're loud and proud. The problem in 2016 was a huge number of undecideds the week before the election, but we have a discrete event, the Comey letter, that made them break a certain way. In other words, we've accounted for the result.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Glenn Greenwald being a shitbomb on the Pelosi video doctorer. Seriously, he is such a shitbomb I can't even express it.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
You know, with the way I'm antagonized on this forum sometimes, you'd think I was some kind of petulant troll. If you don't like me, you can just say that instead of suggesting that I'm a low effort poster. If the goal is to get me to stop posting here (which I feel is a growing sentiment) then you might succeed on that front because I did not come here for this.
I was curious what you were responding to, so I hit "show ignored content". Oh, it's just chainlinkspiral being an asshole again.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I have to do it this way:

Official Staff Communication
This a political-discussion thread and not a take-cheap-shots-at-each-other-based-on-assumptions thread. Stop the cheap shots and keep to the political discussion. Thank you.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
As much as the stamina thing was complete bullshit with Clinton, I might actually believe it with Biden.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, why isn't Biden at this thing? He's conspicuous in his absence.
Hopefully he's just playing low-key as the presumptive nominee (he probably has a better chance losing support by showing up everywhere and being himself than laying low and letting the rest of the field eat each other early on).

The fear is that he's so old he truly doesn't have the stamina for it, which could spell disaster for us in the general. I hope that's not it, but it's kind of hard not to think that it is.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty concerned that Biden won't campaign in the general. Like maybe that's not a bad thing, but Trump campaigns like a crazy person and Biden is showing that he just doesn't give a fuck.

Or can't give a fuck.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017

Undercover Trump supporters don't exist. The entire appeal, for Trumpers, is triggering the libs as frequently and aggressively as possible. That's why they wear the fucking hat, that's why they cover their vehicles in bumper stickers, and that's why they've had Trump flags and/or signs in their yards since 2015.

They love knowing that they make people uncomfortable. They're proud of who they are.

Oct 25, 2017

Democrats learn fucking nothing. And I put some of the blame on some extent to the nobodies who have made the primary into an embarrassment.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Undercover Trump supporters don't exist. The entire appeal, for Trumpers, is triggering the libs as frequently and aggressively as possible. That's why they wear the fucking hat, that's why they cover their vehicles in bumper stickers, and that's why they've had Trump flags and/or signs in their yards since 2015.

They love knowing that they make people uncomfortable. They're proud of who they are.
It also covers for their own insecurities because you know they're the first to flip shit when someone wishes them happy holidays.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Democrats learn fucking nothing. And I put some of the blame on some extent to the nobodies who have made the primary into an embarrassment.

You're reading that wrong to fit an expectation you've cooked up in your head. Being underwater in both polls is bad for an incumbent. It means a broad lack of support.

And this is before we're even at election year.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Actually single-issue pro-lifers are more undercover in that they hate Trump as a person but will proudly vote for him anyway. They won't get his propaganda paraphernalia but they will admit they will vote for him because of the "babies."

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't powerless (the whole episode proves he has power) and the damage his video inflicted wasn't trivial. That's the whole point, Glenn. Stop being such a shithead. Sorry he accident'd into becoming notable, but maybe he shouldn't have been such a flaming trashbag of a person to begin with. How shitty do you have to be to do what he did? This isn't Vic Berger.

Power Out

Alt account
Banned
May 27, 2019
He defends the creator of the hoax video by referring to them as "an African American day laborer."

Which I guess for Greenwald justifies spreading misinformation somehow?
Not exactly how I would have framed it but it's weird to focus on that rather than the Facebook doxxing part, which is incredibly shitty of them. Especially since they won't even take the video down!

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook should publicly identify people using their platform to spread lies and misinformation. Yes, I think that's fair.

Power Out

Alt account
Banned
May 27, 2019
Facebook should publicly identify people using their platform to spread lies and misinformation. Yes, I think that's fair.
I think them handing out personal information for a user they do not believe has even broken the terms of use of the site is incredibly concerning and I'd be worried about them doing it with other users.

Oct 25, 2017
I think them handing out personal information for a user they do not believe has even broken the terms of use of the site is incredibly concerning and I'd be worried about them doing it with other users.
You believe Greenwald's paper thin smear. Facebook didn't give out the information, the user did himself, on Facebook.

"To the outside observer, the two pages are unconnected, but after a tell-tale link on one of the pages led The Daily Beast to Brooks, he admitted that the ad revenue for both outlets goes directly into his personal PayPal account."

Power Out

Alt account
Banned
May 27, 2019
You believe Greenwald's paper thin smear. Facebook didn't give out the information, the user did himself, on Facebook.

"To the outside observer, the two pages are unconnected, but after a tell-tale link on one of the pages led The Daily Beast to Brooks, he admitted that the ad revenue for both outlets goes directly into his personal PayPal account."
I'm not taking this from Greenwald at all - I first saw it being reported by this person:

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't mean they can stop people from pretending to be someone else or use a fake name.

Facebook will freeze your account and force you to prove your identity if they suspect it's a fake account.
So, how is it doxing if you should expect no privacy when publicly sharing on the platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.