• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's in! Leftists cry

Honestly he looks old as hell. Like he looks like a plastic mask they make for a villain in a horror movie.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
The bright side if Biden wins the primary is that he's probably the most likely to get us to over 50 seats in the senate.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna win this isn't he?

Better than the alternative, but I was hoping for someone else.

Me too but Ill be interested in who he surrounds himself with and whether he works with the other candidates after the primary is over

After the dust settles. Whoever wins needs to rally the team together because despite the faults of each candidate I really love the pool we have right now.

Imperfect... but good people. Hopefully good enough to oust Trump and push out the rest of the garbage in Congress

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Me too but Ill be interested in who he surrounds himself with and whether he works with the other candidates after the primary is over

After the dust settles. Whoever wins needs to rally the team together because despite the faults of each candidate I really love the pool we have right now.

Imperfect... but good people. Hopefully good enough to oust Trump and push out the rest of the garbage in Congress

Hopefully he at least picks a minority/woman for VP...

Him running probably helps Dems in Iowa and Georgia/NC Senate races no? Since he's so, well, old and white.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Love the logo design though. Making the D and the E look like the flag, it is in the center of his last name where it is emphasized, and it really emphasizes the D for Democrat as well (and it is even in blue since the field of the flag is blue *and* it is the traditional color for the party). Damn.

Edit: I'm talking about BIDEN, not JOE. The latter is just meh.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
A Biden/Harris ticket would probably perform well in IA, NC, GA, and ME-02 (all of which are important for the Senate).

Yeah, plus I'd think it would set up Harris for a better chance in 2024 if Biden chooses to step down.

My only age-related concern is if Biden or Bernie can even serve 2 terms. They'll both be in their 80s in 2024.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still think he'll tank. he's an awful presidential candidate, as evidenced by his past two runs. it's all well and good piggybacking on the obama years but dude is a walking gaffe machine

Oct 26, 2017
Man Biden looks REALLY old...

But I actually was impressed with the video. I actually liked that he hammered home Charlottesville. With all the things that have happened and the crazy shit Trump does every day, it's almost been forgotten that our President gave comfort to neo-nazies marching on the streets of America. It's one of the few things that even Republicans are extremely hesitant to defend. It's also one of the few things that made his approval ratings plummet to the mid/low 30s. Reminding the public that Trump is still that same guy from a billion news cycles ago is I think very smart. Even if Biden flames out, the rest of the field should thank Biden from bringing that back up front and center.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already getting Biden ads on Twitter. The ad has a picture of him and Obama lol

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Biden is the last one to join the Democratic primary clown car.
I wonder if we'll have kids table debates like with the GOP primary?

The less exposure Toblerone and Yang receives, the better.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Running as simply the moral voice of America will not be enough for this election, dude is done before he ever started

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe has a way of speaking though. The video was well done. It's going to be a tough road for anyone to beat him

Oct 27, 2017
Biden's in! Leftists cry

Honestly he looks old as hell. Like he looks like a plastic mask they make for a villain in a horror movie.

Unfortunately he's got that cloudy-eye look you get when you're heading into extra innings.

Biden's strongest appeal for *me* is his institutional memory. He knows what the State Department should be doing and how it should be staffed. He knows how the entire bureaucracy should be staffed. This is kind of super important coming after Trump, and God knows the next President is getting zero transitional help at best, and probably active sabotage. As much as we "know" about the brain drain in the government, I don't think we really *know*, you know?

Many of the other candidates have acceptable familiarity with this to varying degrees (Sanders second-most, ironically), but it's a real concern to me for a total newcomer like Buttigieg.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Biden has an issues, he titles it "vision," page on his website but he doesn't really say much of anything with the answers. Only real enlightening answer is on health care where it's made pretty clear he's not backing M4A.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately he's got that cloudy-eye look you get when you're heading into extra innings.

Biden's strongest appeal for *me* is his institutional memory. He knows what the State Department should be doing and how it should be staffed. He knows how the entire bureaucracy should be staffed. This is kind of super important coming after Trump, and God knows the next President is getting zero transitional help at best, and probably active sabotage. As much as we "know" about the brain drain in the government, I don't think we really *know*, you know?

Many of the other candidates have acceptable familiarity with this to varying degrees (Sanders second-most, ironically), but it's a real concern to me for a total newcomer like Buttigieg.

That is actually an important concern. Trump isn't just morally bad, he is fairly ineffective at running the government and the only reason he is managing to get through his immigration policy proposals through the executive is due to a few people like Miller. Almost everything else he has done a terrible job.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey any video that calls out Nazi's and racism is a good one to me.

But he's not my first pick.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

I think this cuts both ways though. His institutional memory is an essential asset for rebuilding our institutions post-Trump. But it's also going to be one of the biggest hindrances to institutional reform (thinking more the electoral college, filibuster, Supreme Court here than federal agencies). That's one of my biggest issues with a Biden candidacy and presidency: I just don't think he has the will to make the deep-seated reforms that are sorely needed at this point. He's been a public servant for over 40 years, he'll be -- naturally and understandably -- too attached to the old way of doing things.

Pokiehl

Oct 29, 2017
The State Department is at it's lowest point ever under Trump, but it's decline basically traces Biden's entire federal career. His "institutional knowledge" didn't do much to arrest the decay when he was Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee or Vice President.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is kind of the "compromise" candidate at this point

Sure Ill pick him over Trump but he's not my top pick

Then again... the hope for any shred of stability is powerful and likely his greatest asset towards getting the nomination

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
It's smart. His whole campaign will be tempting people with the normalcy of a Biden presidency vs the chaos & evil of Trump.
This!

Biden's certainly not my main choice, by I wanna go back to when I wasn't thinking of politics every fucking day of my life with the presidency taking up so much real estate in my mind.

Oct 26, 2017
I can absolutely see him pivoting from sleepy to creepy during a rally for the cheers

I don't think he can. Mr. Grab'em by the Pussy can't gin-up the Creepy Joe meme unless he's prepared for it to reflect back on him. It'll just remind everyone that he was accused of sexual harassment/assault by 17 women. Biden's inappropriate hugging doesn't even come close. If anything Trump has been trying to sympathize with Biden on that front to try to inoculate himself of that issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.