• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Oh come the fuck on Gillibrand. Real "brave" here.

@sengillibrand

As a Senator who represents 9/11 victims, I can't accept any minimizing of that pain. But Trump's dangerous rhetoric against @IlhanMN is disgusting. It's a false choice to suggest we can't fight terrorism and reject Islamophobic hate at once—a president should do both.

Never been happier she's only polling at 1%.

Albert

Oct 25, 2017
Booker fizzling out already is fantastic.

@sengillibrand

As a Senator who represents 9/11 victims, I can't accept any minimizing of that pain. But Trump's dangerous rhetoric against @IlhanMN is disgusting. It's a false choice to suggest we can't fight terrorism and reject Islamophobic hate at once—a president should do both.

Jesus, that's a weak fucking response. She deserves to be polling at 1%.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buttigieg and Harris have kind of stolen his lane in the primary. He and Gillibrand have been blocked out.
Not really. He's still drawing huge crowds and next to Bernie in fundraising. He's doing a people first campaign on the ground talking and meeting people while ignoring media opportunities.
It kinda reminds me of what one of the folks on PSA said about their time working for the Obama campaign in 2007. How they had really great internal polling and funding in the ground, but everyone was treating them like Obama was done as either bigger polling being reported in the press had Obama down in terms of numbers. So while they were ecstatic where they were, everyone else was like "He's done".

The point of it was that there is a media bubble on the East Coast that doesn't accurately portray things on the ground. Twitter and social media makes that problem exponentially worse.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Why does it seem like the house is threatening subpoenas and requesting information, and all that trump and his stooges do are say hahah no.... or when they come to speak at a committee they just talk around in circles and help make propaganda for Fox News.

It seems like they are just wasting time.

They likely are. "Maybe we can get out of this 84% Wanna See The Thing You Acting Guilty As Hell thing if we wait them out, maybe?!?!"

Second-hand narcissism is a thing.

Whenever McConnell does give up the ghost or in retirement in 6-8 years whoever replaces him won't really be any different ideology wise. As for his Majority Leadership position I don't see a Leader Cornyn being any less ruthless than McConnell.

A Leader Cornyn or whatever Republican in place of that would likely have done and pulled the same stunts McConnell has done in terms of Judges, procedural rules etc.

Thing is about McConnell is that he has powerful donor/think tank friends and he has the balls to do this stuff. For the rest of these spineless lunks, they don't have that chutzpah to actually take it from hypothetical to action.

Hell, I'd surmise if hey retires next year, or god willing go down in flames, or drops dead, the Senate GOP would run around like chickens with their heads cut off like McCarthy "runs" the House GOP caucus.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Imagine if the GOP Senate had been run by a Paul Ryan type for the past 5 years. We wouldn't be in half the mess we're now in.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse. However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us.

Reading this hurt a lot. Pelosi and Hoyer have to go.

Righteous and historic.

Sliced right through everyone's bullshit in an instant

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

They put us in photos when they want to show our party is diverse. However, when we ask to be at the table, or speak up about issues that impact who we are, what we fight for & why we ran in the first place, we are ignored. To truly honor our diversity is to never silence us.

Saying what a lot of people been thinking.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

Yup

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I am still waiting for my democratic hero who straight tells Republicans to go fuck themselves.
Part of me really wants to go into politics.

The other part knows I could never. I would straight up tell someone to fuck off during a debate.

"Sir, you can fuck off and shove your healthcare plan right up your asshole where it belongs... Respectfully."

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

@sengillibrand

Accuses Omar of minimizing 9/11. Worse than saying nothing.

Aug 1, 2018
You said you wanted a Democrat who'd tell Republicans to go fuck themselves. We've had them before and have quite a few now. And Barney Frank wasn't a pariah in the party, even in a more ~~~centrist~~~ time.

Right, but point to a Dem that would do that right now. It's great that there've been people in the past who would do it, but that's unhelpful when someone with some semblance of a fucking spine needs to step forward right now and there are obviously none.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Right, but point to a Dem that would do that right now. It's great that there've been people in the past who would do it, but that's unhelpful when someone with some semblance of a fucking spine needs to step forward right now and there are obviously none.
Yes there are - AOC, Bernie and Warren all stepped up and defended Ilhan fiercely and attacked Trump directly without hesitation.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Do politicians not realize that the crowd is inherently very different on twitter than it is in real life? Why go with a milquetoast centrist shit take when you know you'll be buried. Just fucking go further left and appease people. It's not like the news is going to realistically cover Gillibrand tweeting sympathy for longer than a few fucking seconds considering the bullshit the President himself gets to tweet. The centrists in the party and in our politics literally could not give a flying fuck about twitter. You mention someone tweeted something and I think their eyes immediately glaze over. It's a nebulous concept to many.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Do politicians not realize that the crowd is inherently very different on twitter than it is in real life? Why go with a milquetoast centrist shit take when you know you'll be buried. Just fucking go further left and appease people. It's not like the news is going to realistically cover Gillibrand tweeting sympathy for longer than a few fucking seconds considering the bullshit the President himself gets to tweet. The centrists in the party and in our politics literally could not give a flying fuck about twitter. You mention someone tweeted something and I think their eyes immediately glaze over. It's a nebulous concept to many.
Gilly clearly has no idea wtf she is doing.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those are in the minority when comes to defending her. The majority on the other seems to be silent or going to both sides route.

Most 2020 candidates have. I've read plenty of statements fitting that description from other representatives too. I would've liked to see more from Pelosi and the statements from Gillibrand and Perez among others were just bad. But there have been people speaking up.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Gillibrand's from New York which is obviously ground zero for 9/11 as a loaded subject, as well as with a stronger Jewish constituency already disposed to think ill of Omar.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Gillibrand's from New York which is obviously ground zero for 9/11 as a loaded subject, as well as with a stronger Jewish constituency already disposed to think ill of Omar.
1. She's running for President of the US, not President of NY.
2. She isn't up for Senator for 6 fucking years. This will be forgotten by then.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Josh Dawsey is the new target of the right-wing twitter machine.

Donnie Jr has been liking some posts of people going back through his twitter feed from 2010.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I honestly wonder how much this Omar story is penetrating the non chronically online demographic. Because I don't think it's making headlines anywhere.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to derail that other thread so I'll drop this here instead:

TheLostBigBoss
Pretty sure it was people tired of dying, guillotines, and revolution; not the glorious market. Capitalism doesn't give a fuck about who it crushes.
It was actually due to WW2:

original.jpg

https://www.demos.org/blog/5/25/14/piketty-has-two-separate-income-inequality-theories

The greatest wealth distribution scheme of the last century was, in fact, an apocalyptic world war. We are actually headed towards a repeat of those economic conditions that appeared in the early 20th century, except this time it's driven by global socio-economic chaos (as a consequence of climate change and decades of austerity) instead of imperialist Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.