• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saying someone's doing well in a Fox town hall is tantamount to saying that someone's winning the Miss Turnip Queen contest.
Considering that Fox News' gambit on their Medicare For All question backfired, I'd say it went pretty well. And I bet the Miss turnip Queen contest is pretty competitive. Turnips are serious business

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
It's tragic, but "historic" disasters are the untold places of the world that have been completely lost to history.

We've had hundreds of years to document and preserve Notre Dame, and the structure itself remains intact, if damaged. We know exactly how it was made, and how it can be restored.

It's always unfortunate when natural events destroy sites of historical significance, but we're a lot better equipped than our ancestors to make sure their existence is never truly lost.

A dark day for sure, but not the end for this historic structure.
This isn't really additive nuance and not sure what your point is.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm guessing everyone there was already a huge Bernie fan but still LOL at that moment, what was Baier expecting???

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
If fox wanted their desired response they should have phrased it as "how many want M4A for minorities". Lmao. Seems like he had a receptive crowd. Happy it went better than I expected.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Idiots and grifters giving $92k to someone who may plead guilty and resign by September
In other words, Republicans.

This isn't really additive nuance and not sure what your point is.
It's muddled because it basically ended up as dithering while trying to decide if I wanted to engage in Bernie discussion. It spun out of your remark, but wasn't truly meant to be a direct response to it, sorry.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
They had enough common sense to reverse this shit-show quickly. I guess they are dropping the poor guy off tonight in Phoenix. These fascists are in overdrive to cause as much pain and chaos before the court cases start stacking up
I didn't read the last few paragraphs after being completely disgusted by most of it, so I missed that. Thank fucking god.

Oct 26, 2017
I actually I wish more DEM candidates would go on Fox News. The baseline D policy positions are generally popular and it's hard for conservative media to turn DEMs into caricatures if Fox News viewers can see them first hand. Perhaps the Fox News hosts may try to spike the punch, but this townhall is an example where it can backfire on them. The only soundbite that's going to come from this townhall is that the crowd cheered for Medicare For All. Not sure that's the soundbite Fox was looking for and it should strike fear into Republicans about the healthcare debate in 2020.

Btw, I'm loving me some Gay Obama on Maddow now. Not a hard-hitting interview, but at least she's asking some questions I haven't heard anyone ask yet.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I actually I wish more DEM candidates would go on Fox News. The baseline D policy positions are generally popular and it's hard for conservative media to turn DEMs into caricatures if Fox News viewers can see them first hand. Perhaps the Fox News hosts may try to spike the punch, but this townhall is an example where it can backfire on them. The only soundbite that's going to come from this townhall is that the crowd cheered for Medicare For All. Not sure that's the soundbite Fox was looking for and it should strike fear into Republicans about the healthcare debate in 2020.

Btw, I'm loving me some Gay Obama on Maddow now. Not a hard-hitting interview, but at least she's asking some questions I haven't heard anyone ask yet.

I was thinking on the Fox thing. I think it's all about the crowd they pick. I guarantee the next crowd will be more like the first questioner.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think you have to go on Fox News because these people NEVER get our side of the story. And if you don't present it, they won't ever hear it. I know they twist it and they lie and they are shit, but their poor attempt to misrepresent popular policy is way harder with the popular policy there talking.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Curious if the audience was open to the public and Bernie people were just smart and made sure they got most of the tickets.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think you have to go on Fox News because these people NEVER get our side of the story. And if you don't present it, they won't ever hear it. I know they twist it and they lie and they are shit, but their poor attempt to misrepresent popular policy is way harder with the popular policy there talking.
A town hall probably the best way to go about it. A primary debate would just be dems hammering on dems.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News probably know better not to invite dems after it backfired big time with them.

Oct 26, 2017

Imagine if you have good speakers on the DEM side like Kamala, Buttigieg, and Beto go on Fox News semi-regularly, I guarantee you'll get a segment of their audience swoon for them. All three of them can make the progressive agenda/values sound like "common sense". I think it would definitely help on the margins. It also would be great if Fox News at some point found it in their financial interest to book Democrats on their shows. Whether it's due to rating boosts or an increased pool of advertisers.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if you have good speakers on the DEM side like Kamala, Buttigieg, and Beto go on Fox News semi-regularly, I guarantee you'll get a segment of their audience swoon for them. All three of them can make the progressive agenda/values sound like "common sense". I think it would definitely help on the margins. It also would be great if Fox News at some point found it in their financial interest to book Democrats on their shows. Whether it's due to rating boosts or an increased pool of advertisers.

It is in their financial interest to do so. They intentionally make less money than they could because it is an ideological battle

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dnc still saying no primary debates on fox? I disagree with that. It's mainly worthless but even if there are a few persuadable weirdos watching fox it's worth doing.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I wonder if we're ahead of last go around on $$$ by this time or if the RNCC and the like haven't dumped their (Adelman's/Putin's) warchest yet. Glad to see some enemy territory Dems getting good reserves though.

Why would the Pope debate the drunk uncle at Thanksgiving?

Bannon seems to hate the Pope for his anti-income disparity/pro-globalism behavior. News orgainizations seem to have room temperature IQs to let Olde Ocelot talk his way onto their work to spew subversive antiestablishmentarianism and white supremacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.