• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OH has been gone statewide for the Democrats since 1990. They have won statewide once since then and that was 2006. The state senate has been ironclad since 1985 and House since 1995 except for brief 2009-2011.

I think 2020 and 2024 when Trump is not on the ballot will for sure give us the answer from a federal standpoint.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Warren articulated impeachment pretty well, essentially it's the right thing to do because it's the right thing to do.

Not impeaching him would be going out of your way not to do your constitutional duty for political reasons, I believe Comey used a similar line of thinking with that Clinton press conference debacle, instead of just following his guidelines he decided to do something he shouldn't have for political reasons.

Edit: And literally as i'm typing this Trump further shows why we need to impeach him, he's screaming that it was all a witch hunt and not true, and refusing to impeach him would give credibility to these lies.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't know Mike Lee can top that godawful Romney statement with something even worse

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190326140833-sen-mike-lee-floor-poster.jpg

This is real btw

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
The special counsel uncovered a massive effort on the part of the Russians to influence the election and many interactions between the Russians and the trump campaign. And it couldn't establish a conspiracy in part because of lies and destruction of evidence. This should be stated every time a democrat talks to the media.

This "they were spying on my campaign" line needs to be debunked at every opportunity.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
There's a big "never heard of" number there from the look of it.

Seriously, it means the stories we have been bickering about never really broke past right ring circles.

This should be stated every time a democrat talks to the media.

People expecting 100% unified messaging will continue to be disappointed.
Democrats are more diverse, and are allowed to think for themselves.

Last edited:

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Also Barr should be impeached before Trump, we can even prove his intent with that letter/job interview he did and the fact that his press conference revolved around statements that literally contradicted what the report said.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I heard dudes talkung about killing AOC at a bar the other day

It was pretty scary. I mean drunken rambling I guess but...like what has she done that's worth that? Even if you think she's "stupid" it's so bizarre.

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017

It's late, but:

What is gained here, should we follow him?

You can't critique somebody, say, by calling out their hypocritic behavior without listing all the bad things that your "team" are/were suspected of?

What's the end game here?

Is he claiming to be the wise unaffected bystander, seeing the flaws of ~both sides~? (While being seemingly sad about Trump being trampled)

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't you know that The Starbucks Salute Scandal was just as bad as conspiracy with a foreign country against the United States?

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait until the next democratic president. Republicans will flip so fast and hard back into the rule of law it's going to give you whiplash

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've been thinking about our conversations over the past two years, and you know what? Maybe we do need a dirty boxer of a wild card politician like Michael Avenatti. I mean, dude was the only one who would do what it took to go at Trump and play dirty, and I'm thinking that -

-oh, uh, hold on, wait, what's this?

less

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I've been thinking about our conversations over the past two years, and you know what? Maybe we do need a dirty boxer of a wild card politician like Michael Avenatti. I mean, dude was the only one who would do what it took to go at Trump and play dirty, and I'm thinking that -

Yikes. He just keeps on becoming more and more terrible.

Oct 26, 2017
Democrats are playing super cautiously, which risks hurting them, but sound like they are leaning to impeach now.

Will probably depend on how the public Mueller testimony session goes, and their internal polls indicating public thoughts on impeaching Trump.

I'm a bit worried DEMs are relying too much on Mueller testifying. He's a by the book type of guy and he's not going to make any assertions that aren't laid out in his report. If DEMs are hoping Mueller is going to say, "Impeach the Motherfucker", then that's just not going to happen. He's probably not going to give them any kind of useful soundbite on the matter. He'll probably verbalize that he was heavily guided by the OLC opinion/guidelines, so he might contradict Barr on that front but beyond I think Mueller is going to go out of his way to avoid making big news which isn't spelled out in the report.

Instead of Dems wasting their time trying to get Mueller to say inflammatory things, I hope they're smart and organize enough to ask targeted and follow-up questions, which allow Mueller to explain key aspects of his report in plain English. I also hope DEMs don't wash his balls and heap tons of praise on him, it'll just come off as partisan. Just be matter of fact and ask the questions. Save the praise for Nadler's opening statement and leave it at that. The Republicans will be doing their best to turn it into a partisan circus so the hearing can be easily dismissed, so just let the Republicans look like political hacks without giving them additional ammo.

Nadler's first big public hearing with Matt Whitaker was disaster, so hopefully he can keep things under better control this time. I just hope the DEMs on the committee understand the gravity of having Mueller testify and they actually prepare beyond some banal repetitive questions.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dems should impeach now. There's nothing gained by waiting for Mueller or Barr to testify. They can still testify after they start impeachment. They are just trying to buy time.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit worried DEMs are relying too much on Mueller testifying. He's a by the book type of guy and he's not going to make any assertions that aren't laid out in his report. If DEMs are hoping Mueller is going to say, "Impeach the Motherfucker", then that's just not going to happen. He's probably not going to give them any kind of useful soundbite on the matter. He'll probably verbalize that he was heavily guided by the OLC opinion/guidelines, so he might contradict Barr on that front but beyond I think Mueller is going to go out of his way to avoid making big news which isn't spelled out in the report.

Instead of Dems wasting their time trying to get Mueller to say inflammatory things, I hope they're smart and organize enough to ask targeted and follow-up questions, which allow Mueller to explain key aspects of his report in plain English. I also hope DEMs don't wash his balls and heap tons of praise on him, it'll just come off as partisan. Just be matter of fact and ask the questions. Save the praise for Nadler's opening statement and leave it at that. The Republicans will be doing their best to turn it into a partisan circus so the hearing can be easily dismissed, so just let the Republicans look like political hacks without giving them additional ammo.

Nadler's first big public hearing with Matt Whitaker was disaster, so hopefully he can keep things under better control this time. I just hope the DEMs on the committee understand the gravity of having Mueller testify and they actually prepare beyond some banal repetitive questions.
Mueller is pretext to justify the escalation.

We know the evidence is there to bring impeachment proceedings. That's not the problem, the problem is selling it to the public (and really, the dumb white male dominated political media), and that's what the political theater is for.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't you know that The Starbucks Salute Scandal was just as bad as conspiracy with a foreign country against the United States?
The fact that W. Bush saluted his Marine guard while holding a Scottish Terrier in his hands, multiple times, and it passed without condemnation or commentary further shows how weak these supposed principles actually are.

q1kTtdb.jpg

So presidential.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Dems should impeach now. There's nothing gained by waiting for Mueller or Barr to testify. They can still testify after they start impeachment. They are just trying to buy time.
Can you at least wait until the House is back in session?

Damn, this process takes a while. We have to gauge public support and put everything together - you know, bureaucratically. You don't just write articles of impeachment on your iPhone on a plane to DC.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, this process takes a while. We have to gauge public support and put everything together - you know, bureaucratically. You don't just write articles of impeachment on your iPhone on a plane to DC.
The only news I want out of Pelosi's conference call with Dems tomorrow is that they are starting impeachment proceedings when they come back to DC for Barr and Trump. Public hearings during the impeachment process will start turning public opinion more in favor towards impeachment.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
The only news I want out of Pelosi's conference call with Dems tomorrow is that they are starting impeachment proceedings when they come back to DC for Barr and Trump. Public hearings during the impeachment process will start turning public opinion more in favor towards impeachment.
Okay, then you're going to be disappointed. Nothing is starting tomorrow.

This will be a months-long process.

Oct 26, 2017

So it turns out Avenatti really was a criminal lawyer.

At least Saul Goodman never embezzled from his clients. Avenatti is a straight-up thief.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

Yet Trump could compose a letter for his son in the same circumstances. Checkmate.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that W. Bush saluted his Marine guard while holding a Scottish Terrier in his hands, multiple times, and it passed without condemnation or commentary further shows how weak these supposed principles actually are.

q1kTtdb.jpg

So presidential.
What? Don't you like DOGS? Real American patriots love DOGS!
Also Trump doesn't need a dog because they're unnecessary pests for liberal elites.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, then you're going to be disappointed. Nothing is starting tomorrow.

This will be a months-long process.

Republicans don't seem to have the same issues getting things started, but they also don't seem to have the same issues with messaging. Dems should be in unison calling for impeachment across media.

Status
Not open for further replies.