• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Pete's winning me over even more. He has a design toolkit on his website for grassroots stuff!

Logo's nice:

9c5e458e-a78c-4d3c-92ejoa.jpeg

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to swing the banhammer in that Omar thread.

Disagree or not, but you don't tell moderators to 'Fuck off' and face no consequences.

I feel for you B-Dubs.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to Pete's official announcement later today. His rise has been extremely fascinating to watch.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
It's clear that Omar is being targeted because she is an outspoken, hijab-wearing Muslim. Republicans think they can score political points at her expense.

Here's what's actually happening... trump and republican operatives are trying to get their base and other Americans to think of "extremists" such as Omar and AOC whenever they hear "Democrat" or "Democratic Party." They're trying to create mental associations. This is just another branding exercise. One that might be working.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's clear that Omar is being targeted because she is an outspoken, hijab-wearing Muslim. Republicans think they can score political points at her expense.

Here's what's actually happening... trump and republican operatives are trying to get their base and other Americans to think of "extremists" such as Omar and AOC whenever they hear "Democrat" or "Democratic Party." They're trying to create mental associations. This is just another branding exercise. One that might be working.
They are silencing her and this is just the start. As far as I'm concerned it just makes voting in Democrats primaries easier.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing articles saying Kamala released her tax returns, but there's no link provided, and I'm not seeing a link on her website or Twitter. Anyone got a link to the ACTUAL returns?

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm tempted to donate for Vargas then.
Given that the response hit the majority of the "far left" requirements in condemnation within the twitter limit.
That's simply not a reasonable response.

I don't have a problem not talking about it, but i'm also not the one who brought it up.
Feel free to donate to dustbins of history while you're at it. We are moving left, not right.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't have a problem not talking about it, but i'm also not the one who brought it up.
Brought what up? You're the one being hostile, not me.

I'm tempted to donate for Vargas then.
Given that the response hit the majority of the "far left" requirements in condemnation within the twitter limit.
That's simply not a reasonable response.

You do you. Like RustyNails said, we should be moving left, not right.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe my memory is off (and if so my bad I don't want to dump on someone who doesn't deserve it) but didn't Vargas basically say during one of the earlier Omar controversies "support for Israel shouldn't be questioned!" in a way that made people from AOC to even Chris Hayes pretty uncomfortable?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you.

Books are the way to go to get rich if you're a politician I guess. But her husband appears to have made the bulk of the money as an attorney. Good lord.

She got even more screwed over by the SALT limit than Forma. Lost over $215k in deductions. Only $27k in charitable deductions despite over $2m in income is incredibly stingy good god. That looks really bad.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe my memory is off (and if so my bad I don't want to dump on someone who doesn't deserve it) but didn't Vargas basically say during one of the earlier Omar controversies "support for Israel shouldn't be questioned!" in a way that made people from AOC to even Chris Hayes pretty uncomfortable?
This was his tweet:

He also said "To question someone's loyalty because they're Jewish, I think, is terrible. It's something that we shouldn't question at all." Which Omar did not do at any point.

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017

It is disturbing that Rep. Omar continues to perpetuate hurtful anti-Semitic stereotypes that misrepresent our Jewish community. Additionally, questioning support for the U.S.-Israel relationship is unacceptable. (1/2)

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All in all for all the faults of Bernie I'm happy he is unequivocally supporting Omar. I really believe he presents the party's future even though is...questionable in some regards.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All in all for all the faults of Bernie I'm happy he is unequivocally supporting Omar. I really believe he presents the party's future even though is...questionable in some regards.

He's literally not a democrat so that is an interesting thing to say, that he presents the party's future.

Though other people who *are* democrats and who actually present the party's future don't have penises so that's probably a problem.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This was his tweet:

He also said "To question someone's loyalty because they're Jewish, I think, is terrible. It's something that we shouldn't question at all." Which Omar did not do at any point.

Was just looking this up. Not a good look. However, his most current tweet and stance is a good one. So the question is, At what point does he standwithomar? Never? Keeping in mind that everyone at all times is playing politics. Don't be naive people.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He's literally not a democrat so that is an interesting thing to say, that he presents the party's future.

Though other people who *are* democrats and who actually present the party's future don't have penises so that's probably a problem.
I don't care of Bernie is not a democrat. I feel that he represents the values of Democrats. At any rate, he is pulling the party further left which is a good thing.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He caucuses with the Dems. This is like, the weakest, most media-fueled brain-dead line of attack against him when there are plenty of other things to criticize him about. The second part of your post is a mighty big assumption that has absolutely no basis, unless you can point to that poster's sexist post history.

Status
Not open for further replies.