• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Put Beto is a small room and let him stand on a coffee table and he's fantastic. He just can't translate that to a debate stage at all

Obama sucked at these early on. Thought Beto has been fine for the most part (still catching up, about ~20 min behind live).

Really not seeing anyone moving much outside of Delaney getting 0% in the polls.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Or The Thing

PoorDimpledGelada-size_restricted.gif

Is The Monster Tulsi?

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Booker was the standout for me, Castro up there too. Warren did well, but didn't totally stand out. She's very genuine when she speaks and I think she got that across well. Beto looked like a fish out of water, this is not his strong suit.

De Blasio is an ass. Tim Ryan sucks. So does Chuck Todd with his obsession over gun confiscation.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts:
  • Warren gave an excellent final answer but I'll agree she kind of vanished in the middle and I'm a bit scared that her Medicare for all position will hurt her even if it's the morally right position.
  • Castro needs to drop out and run for Senate. He'd be a fantastic candidate.
  • I usually like Beto but he didn't do well tonight. Castro also had it in for him?
  • Booker did well tonight.
  • Klobaucher did fine but didn't blow me away. She'd probably be a fine president though.
  • Lol fuck Delaney. Also didn't like him regurgitating some right-wing talking points.
  • Ryan tried but meh. Didn't like him regurgitating some right-wing talking points. I still like the man but he's not going anywhere.
  • LOL at the MSNBC analysts dunking on DeBlasio. I thought a few of his responses were good but yeah I get why a lot of people are pissed at him.
  • Inslee would be good at the EPA.
  • Whatever at Tulsi.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Watching this NBC post debate thing, it's interesting

The black girl says Beto is pandering speaking Spanish, and the Hispanic girl moderator is like, "uh well my mom was texting me about how amazing it was to hear fluent Spanish at a debate for US president!" And how inclusive it felt

Just saying we should consider how it feels for a primarily Spanish-speaking audience

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts:
  • Warren gave an excellent final answer but I'll agree she kind of vanished in the middle and I'm a bit scared that her Medicare for all position will hurt her even if it's the morally right position.
  • Castro needs to drop out and run for Senate. He'd be a fantastic candidate.
  • I usually like Beto but he didn't do well tonight. Castro also had it in for him?
  • Booker did well tonight.
  • Klobaucher did fine but didn't blow me away. She'd probably be a fine president though.
  • Lol fuck Delaney. Also didn't like him regurgitating some right-wing talking points.
  • Ryan tried but meh. Didn't like him regurgitating some right-wing talking points. I still like the man but he's not going anywhere.
  • LOL at the MSNBC analysts dunking on DeBlasio. I thought a few of his responses were good but yeah I get why a lot of people are pissed at him.
  • Inslee would be good at the EPA.
  • Whatever at Tulsi.
A scientist should run the EPA. Inslee as Energy Secretary however, is a good choice.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The black girl says Beto is pandering speaking Spanish, and the Hispanic girl moderator is like, "uh well my mom was texting me about how amazing it was to hear fluent Spanish at a debate for US president!" And how inclusive it felt

Just saying we should consider how it feels for a primarily Spanish-speaking audience
People were saying his Spainish was bad. Huh.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I saw that.

Agreed.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru

I would agree if their spanish wasnt so lackluster, especially Booker who sounded like a defective robot

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Van Jones on CNN praising Warren as "Elizabeth Warren looks like a professor and the rest of the candidates are grad students." and praising Castro for "having a Texas Takedown on Beto."

Edit: now he's praising Klob for connecting to real people

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
All the 0%ers joking on Twitter that "hurr now I have to learn Spanish too!!" (I'm looking at you Crystals and Mr. 4chan Yang) are pretty repugnant.

You should learn Spanish because Spanish speakers are an important (and huge!) section of the country you want to be president of, you nards.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
July debates still have 20 Candidates. I think I'm ready for a few to drop already.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I like seeing immediate debate hot takes, especially from the media, because looking back later they so often focus on the wrong thing or are flat wrong.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All the 0%ers joking on Twitter that "hurr now I have to learn Spanish too!!" (I'm looking at you Crystals and Mr. 4chan Yang) are pretty repugnant.

You should learn Spanish because Spanish speakers are an important (and huge!) section of the country you want to be president of, you nards.
this is pretty funny though.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
yeah Castro and booker will get polling bumps out of this and warren will maintain her momentum

de Blasio overperforming was definitely unexpected

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I think Warren is getting dusted for her answers in the second half but if Beto gave her answer, it would be listed as a mad success for him. She was untouchable in the first half. Her second half answers weren't as great because they were fucking dumb af Chuck Todd bullshit.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Booker - Gohan
Castro - Goku
Warren - Vegeta
De Blasio - Android 18
Inslee - Goten
Beto - Yamcha
Tulsi - Chi Chi
Klobuchar - Bulma
Ryan - Chiaotzu
Delaney - Mr. Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I like seeing immediate debate hot takes, especially from the media, because looking back later they so often focus on the wrong thing or are flat wrong.
They just admitted in the last minute that their predictions of Biden getting beat up in this debate night were way wrong. The turnaround time on these is getting shorter and shorter.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie did great tonight. Biden is going to get roasted tomorrow given the way tonight went.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Warren was probably the best overall performance of the night, and was as good if not better than I expected. But I was personally most impressed by Castro who was WAY better than I ever thought he'd be. Booker was good too, though I didn't really like his JCPOA answer. Tbh I think everyone had at least one good moment at some point in the night, even Delaney and Tulsi (whose clowning on Ryan should be immediately disqualifying for him even he was otherwise fine). I think Inslee might have been most disappointing to me; his performance wasn't bad, but as one of the candidates I'm most interested in on paper he did not make much of an impression.

de Blasio...I don't know, I'm kinda shocked by everything about his showing. But most especially that he went hard on Beto (which wasn't a bad thing imo) so early. Did not expect the first Dem-on-Dem hit to come from de Blasio vs. Beto (or for Delany of all people to come to Beto's rescue).

Speaking of whom, Beto has clearly honed his stump answers very well, but is either not ready for or just not good in debate settings. He was clearly surprised by de Blasio coming after him too and just had no response to him. He fared a little better against Castro, but that first de Blasio interaction made him look weak. He's gotta run some more debate drills over the next month, because you just cannot shirk away from rebuttals like that.

People were saying his Spainish was bad. Huh.

I think his was better than Booker and Castro. But my rule of thumb is, if I can understand it, it's probably not that great lol.

Booker's reaction was absolutely amazing though

Last edited:

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I think Warren is getting dusted for her answers in the second half but if Beto gave her answer, it would be listed as a mad success for him. She was untouchable in the first half. Her second half answers weren't as great because they were fucking dumb af Chuck Todd bullshit.
The numbers are out there, after 9:33 Eastern she did not speak until the second half where she had her two Chuck Todd questions. She had a real good 30 minutes, but two not so good answers to dumb questions and nothing else in the next 90 minutes does not make for a good performance

Oct 25, 2017
Beto needs to run it back in 2024... for Senate.

After tonight I've lost faith in his VP capability.

He can run again for Senate or even POTUS at some point, but he's got to move upward. Unless he's going to run for Governor in TX and win it, he really needs to stick around for as long as possible in this race and score some sort of position in the next admin.

He still has more options than Buttigieg, who can't do anything really in IN politics going forward.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Warren had a good night in that nobody really laid a finger on her and she didn't fuck up and answered the questions asked of her.

You're not going to completely own a debate with 10 people in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.