• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 60% of the way through the debate...

So many candidates is kind of a trainwreck, especially when some of them are allowed to ramble off topic.

My girlfriend is cringing herself to death whenever anyone speaks Spanish.

Good on Klobouchar telling Todd voluntary buy backs aren't fucking confiscation

Edit:

So many of the questions during this entire debate were predicated on conservative ideas.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Also what a goddamn shame de Blasio is not sharing the stage with Biden. I hope he stays in until we see those two share a debate stage.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This kind of soured me on Castro, but I won't deny it'll play well - especially to people less close to Texas. He's a better debater. I thought Booker really did well, and I kind of liked De Blasio altho he petered out in the latter half. He had a fire I wasn't expecting. Warren was solid for every one of her answers except for guns and Mitch, and I believe she is the clear winner. I think Beto needs to learn how to big dog or drop out - he really has a problem calling out others on their shit.

Castro ducked out of running against Ted Cruz, and his brother ducked out of running against Cornyn. Their mom fights their battles on Twitter. Castro basically levied a moral litmus test on Beto, but it's going to be bad optics if it's his platform for the GE, because it's closer to open borders than anything Beto's suggested. He said later said in the spin room that Beto hadn't done his homework, but he also doesn't live in an 80% Hispanic city that's one half of a bi-national community. In other words, he's acting out for attention, and I guess it worked. I will give Castro this: he was probably the mayor that pundits should have looked at instead of Buttigieg.

Chuck Todd broke out tho.

Last edited:

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Threw a few more Buckazoids at Warren. I haven't watched the whole thing yet(at least not where she stumbled with Chuck Todd is it?) but she's doing well early in as I catch up.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
All the 0%ers joking on Twitter that "hurr now I have to learn Spanish too!!" (I'm looking at you Crystals and Mr. 4chan Yang) are pretty repugnant.

You should learn Spanish because Spanish speakers are an important (and huge!) section of the country you want to be president of, you nards.
Way to take an innocent joke too seriously. If anything they were praising those who spoke Spanish. They rose the bar just a little bit.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Warren was the big winner, even when she went quiet in the second half because, frankly, focus was already drifting and it was the moderators skipping her. But her early showing when all watchers were focused were hot fire.

Then Booker and Castro, though Castro's position feels too... limited. It feels like a Senate run on a national stage.

Oct 27, 2017
I like that the candidates didn't give trump or Biden free publicity, or make the debate about them. The focus should be on the major issues, and trump was almost forgotten about except for just how depraved he is. Hopefully they can do this tomorrow too. This will pay off in future debates.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised no one came at Warren.

Got to tread carefully, since coming at Warren straight out the gate would look either sexist, or petulant (depending upon if it was a guy or woman doing it).

I agree with the conversation on MSNBC right now, "Trump" was not said nearly enough on the stage tonight.

Anyone who's watching this to get an idea of who to vote for and what their policies are knows the Dems are against Trump. In the General being more actively against him may be useful, but honestly, this is where policy matters.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's troll farms googling simultaneously.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
My thought is it's too early for these debates to really change the shape of the race, but they can serve to start winnowing out some of the bottom tier candidates.

Also I recall that Obama actually wasn't very good in the first primary debates. It took a while for him to get comfortable with the format, fix his answers, etc. So it's probably not the time to declare certain candidates are dead based on certain weak answers they gave, as there's still a lot of time to fix those.

But you can please judge Tim Ryan all you want

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi Gabbard acted like Veep's Danny Chung in this debate, just relying on the military background to the point of parody.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

Beto now has both Castro and Buttigieg to worry about. things aren't looking good for him.

Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee you all that Gillibrand took notes from Castro. She's going to come for someone's throat.
d189bte.gif

But, fingers cross she hugs Biden and explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.