US PoliERA 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really get the point of impeachment? It's July 2019. 15 months to an election?
The entire process is going to drag. You still will have to deal with the courts, even if they're expedited. And there's A LOT of stuff they will be dealing with and I want them to get as much nailed down as they can before the excuse of "it's too close to the elections" becomes an excuse that not even I can ignore.

The Trump administrations crimes are LEGION. Watergate and Slick Willy and Andrew Johnson don't even compare to the mountain trail of shit that we're dealing with today. And we're talking a process that will stretch on for a year minimum in just the House.

I seriously don't think people here appreciate yet just how criminal this administration is, and if that's the case here among what I consider the well-informed, then the general public knows literally nothing. Which is why daily hearings and evidence into the vast array of crimes continuing for over a year is needed.

I want his crimes to dominate the conversation from today to forever instead of the same status quo for the last 3 years including the '16 election cycle: where a NYT/WaPo/Buzzfeed article comes out and gets people's blood hot for a minute and CNN/MSNBC all feeling tingly before disappearing into the hyperspeed news cycle after a couple of days. People just don't have the ability to process this information, which leads to the incorrect assumption that the people don't care so why bother.

We gotta keep fucking that chicken. Start the Inquiry. If moderate Dems and Repubs still feel like "vindicating" Trump after a year of crime digging, then that's on them and it's up to us to annihilate them all in 2020 and beyond.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The entire process is going to drag. You still will have to deal with the courts, even if they're expedited. And there's A LOT of stuff they will be dealing with and I want them to get as much nailed down as they can before the excuse of "it's too close to the elections" becomes an excuse that not even I can ignore.

The Trump administrations crimes are LEGION. Watergate and Slick Willy and Andrew Johnson don't even compare to the mountain trail of shit that we're dealing with today. And we're talking a process that will stretch on for a year minimum in just the House.

I seriously don't think people here appreciate yet just how criminal this administration is, and if that's the case here among what I consider the well-informed, then the general public knows literally nothing. Which is why daily hearings and evidence into the vast array of crimes continuing for over a year is needed.

I want his crimes to dominate the conversation from today to forever instead of the same status quo for the last 3 years including the '16 election cycle: where a NYT/WaPo/Buzzfeed article comes out and gets people's blood hot for a minute and CNN/MSNBC all feeling tingly before disappearing into the hyperspeed news cycle after a couple of days. People just don't have the ability to process this information, which leads to the incorrect assumption that the people don't care so why bother.

We gotta keep fucking that chicken. Start the Inquiry. If moderate Dems and Repubs still feel like "vindicating" Trump after a year of crime digging, then that's on them and it's up to us to annihilate them all in 2020 and beyond.
They should have started impeachment hearings the second the Mueller Report came out and hammered everything in that report home and out in the open

No one was gonna read it anyways and the longer we stay silent on it the less tolerant the ignorant masses are gonna be of the constant media blitz

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
That’s a poor justification for the House to abdicate their Constitutional duties.

And your original argument might as well have come from Mitch McConnell himself.
There isn't even a majority in the House that will initiate articles of impeachment.

If a floor vote is called it will fail.

Is that supposed to be a good look?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
There isn't even a majority in the House that will initiate articles of impeachment.

This has been a problem for months, and I have no idea why the pro impeachment crowd has not mobilized against this.

There are dems in the house that will not vote for impeachment. If you want it, convince them.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami/etc is unfortunately going to flood before the red areas of Florida like the panhandle that we need to make part of Alabama.
The difference is that there is enough money and goods that come through Miami and the port, that it actually makes fiscal sense to armor-up and elevate a Miami, where doing the same for a Pensacola or a Panama City wouldn't.

I expect coastal NC and the Mid-Atlantic states to succumb before Miami-metro

plagiarize

Untethered once more
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Where have you been the last 2 years?
The difference with this was the bullshit bait and switch.
"we are going to announce later. today how we are going to specifically fuck people like Plagiarize."
Time passes.
"lol joking."

This wasn't the usual tell a lie that we all know is a lie thing. This was specifically scaring all non citizens because they're petty assholes that couldn't just take the L on the Supreme Court ruling.

When I said borderline abusive, obviously this admin have done loads of other abusive shit to millions of people. But this was an intentional psychological attack of a different (read that as 'new' not worse or first) kind.

Kmonk

Oct 30, 2017
US
The difference is that there is enough money and goods that come through Miami and the port, that it actually makes fiscal sense to armor-up and elevate a Miami, where doing the same for a Pensacola or a Panama City wouldn't.

I don't know if that's possible. Sure, they could take efforts to protect key economic centers, but the greater Miami area is a basically a collection of islands, marshes and sandbars. It's just too big a problem to tackle logistically.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Glad Acosta is gone, now hopefully this gains even more media attention and the focus is entirely on Trump's association with Epstein.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if that's possible. Sure, they could take efforts to protect key economic centers, but the greater Miami area is a basically a collection of islands, marshes and sandbars. It's just too big a problem to tackle logistically.
isn't their local water supply about to get contaminated with salt water, too? i was expecting Miami to get wrecked economically by the need to change its water infrastructure way sooner than I was expecting it to go full Atlantis.

Oct 25, 2017

You can’t make a seawall to protect the city like New Orleans. Florida has porous bedrock and will flood regardless

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Oct 25, 2017
He folded on the citizenship question, Acosta resigned, and USCMA looks unlikely to pass

aLl He DoEs Is WiN

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah this has been my sticking point even as I am increasingly frustrated by Pelosi’s lame-ass messaging (or lack thereof). They’ve got 80 confirmed votes, and while I’m sure there are a number of sideline-sitters who would ultimately vote for impeachment if it came up, it would almost surely fail.

And of course Pelosi has significant sway over the caucus, but I don’t think aggressive impeachment talk from her is gonna get them from 80+ to 218 alone.

That doesn’t mean I’m satisfied with her being so passive about it, though.

Kmonk

Oct 30, 2017
US

JM Rieger @RiegerReport

Q: Did you know Buttigieg in college?

MOULTON: "No. I think we hung out w/ different groups of friends. Not at all, I was not hanging out w/ Harvard Dems."

Q: "What was your friend group like?"

M: "Athletes. People who went out and had a good time.”https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/11/seth-moulton-trump-biden-debate-1408537 …

9:26 AM - Jul 12, 2019
Translation: "Fuckin' nerds!"

And look at this fresh take on how to apologize:

And I think the second thing that I saw ... the big headline was just Harris vs. Biden. And, you know, like, I don't know why Biden didn't just say — and look I value him as a mentor and a friend, he's a great guy — but why didn't he just say, 'Look, if I offended you, I'm sorry.

Oct 26, 2017
Glad Acosta is gone, now hopefully this gains even more media attention and the focus is entirely on Trump's association with Epstein.
Exaaaactly....

I was worried both the GOP and Pelosi would be content with keeping the attention on Acosta and Epstein, instead of the Trump / Epstein connections.

Now Trump & co. are back on the menu.

plagiarize

Untethered once more
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah this has been my sticking point even as I am increasingly frustrated by Pelosi’s lame-ass messaging (or lack thereof). They’ve got 80 confirmed votes, and while I’m sure there are a number of sideline-sitters who would ultimately vote for impeachment if it came up, it would almost surely fail.

And of course Pelosi has significant sway over the caucus, but I don’t think aggressive impeachment talk from her is gonna get them from 80+ to 218 alone.

That doesn’t mean I’m satisfied with her being so passive about it, though.
Why does how many people would vote to impeach now matter? There is evidence gathering and public testimony before you get to that point. Whether you think of it as making the case to the house members or their constituents doesnt matter.

The case has yet to be presented. It's ass backwards to point out that only 80 people are going to vote to impeach him currently.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

I’m sure these detention centers had no warning and have not staged everything to look perfect?

Oct 26, 2017
Also this is one of the few (perhaps only?) instance where someone in the Trump administration was fired for behavior/actions they did prior to serving in the Trump admin.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jonathan Martin @jmartNYT

NEW: Falling in Iowa & outraised by @ewarren, @BernieSanders allies + advisers want him to lean more into his bio, train his fire on....@JoeBiden

“I do think he’s going to have to draw a contrast with the vice president,” sez @RoKhanna

w @melbournecoal https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-campaign.html …

Bernie’s longtime adviser JEFF WEAVER >

“If you want somebody who’s going to talk about their cooking, their dog, their wardrobe, travel habits, or favorite books, Bernie Sanders is not your candidate.”

“This is not a popularity contest or a find-a-friend contest”

10:06 AM - Jul 12, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.