• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I wonder if Trump is so dumb that reverse psychology would work on him? He is so adverse to admitting he was wrong, I wonder if some reporter asked him what was wrong with him and why he wasn't man enough to have sex with underage girls at Epstein's party like all the other cool rich people, would he be like "No, No, I did!"

The only problem with that is you could probably get him to admit he was Obama by asking him questions in that way.
Nah the way to bait that is inferring that the victims preferred the other 'guests' over him.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What if these people weren't so stupid as to constantly leave evidence around of how terrible they are?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is sore feelings over primary challenges, and a bit of local politics:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/po...0190712-wgbfh35akrf7bmakyuqugzltha-story.html

"Rep. Greg Meeks warned fellow Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to back off on her racially tinged feud with Democratic leaders — or face a battle for her own political life.

"If they want to come after members of the Black Caucus, it's two ways," Meeks, who is also the Queens Democratic party boss, told The Hill.

The AOC-allied Justice Democrats announced it would target 10-term black Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) for a 2020 primary challenge.

The insurgent group has also made noises about taking on Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-Brooklyn), a member of the Democratic leadership team, and the unpopular Yvette Clarke (D-Brooklyn), who barely squeaked by a little known challenger in the same 2018 primaries that saw AOC stun longtime Rep. Joe Crowley in Queens.

The group is also backing a primary challenge to Eliot Engel (D-Bronx), a longtime moderate whose district is majority minority.

Meeks could also be a target after he backed establishment favorite Melinda Katz over leftist Tiffany Caban in the still-undecided Queens district attorney race.

"(They) seem to be targeting members of the Congressional Black Caucus, individuals who have stood and fought to make sure that African Americans are included and part of this process," added Meeks, whose Jamaica-based district abuts AOC's."

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
btw by contrast Obama only made two replacements in his Cabinet during his first term, and one was replacing Robert Gates, a holdover from the Bush administration. The other was Gary Locke, his Secretary of Commerce.

He did have a mostly new team during his second term, but even then only replaced his Secretary of Defense (Chuck Hagel) in 2015.

Amazingly Tom Vilsack stayed on for the full eight years.

Also amazing how the utter inanity of the Trump administration is just going to keep making Obama look more and more competent and qualified by comparison. I think he will absolutely be the new Reagan, in the sense that many of the current generation will remember him as "the last good one"

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

Jonathan Martin @jmartNYT

NEW: Falling in Iowa & outraised by @ewarren, @BernieSanders allies + advisers want him to lean more into his bio, train his fire on....@JoeBiden

"I do think he's going to have to draw a contrast with the vice president," sez @RoKhanna

w @melbournecoal https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-campaign.html …

Bernie's longtime adviser JEFF WEAVER >

"If you want somebody who's going to talk about their cooking, their dog, their wardrobe, travel habits, or favorite books, Bernie Sanders is not your candidate."

"This is not a popularity contest or a find-a-friend contest"

10:06 AM - Jul 12, 2019

Who the hell does Weaver even think is talking about these things? Honestly, Weaver is just throwing out not even a thinly veiled misogynistic attack against the two primary challengers both holding Sanders down in the polling.

Oct 26, 2017

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

NEWS … ROBERT MUELLER'S testimony is likely to be delayed, and the two sides are talking about a longer appearance on Capitol Hill.

Our sources on Capitol Hill tell us Mueller will come up on 7/24. Situation is fluid.

this with @AndrewDesiderio @BresPolitico and @kyledcheney

10:16 AM - Jul 12, 2019

Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney

BREAKING: MUELLER HEARING DELAYED ONE WEEK TO 7/24, according to two lawmakers on the panel.

JUDICIARY COMMITTEE WILL GET THREE HOURS INSTEAD OF TWO

Story with @AndrewDesiderio coming shortly.

10:15 AM - Jul 12, 2019

Apparently Mueller requested the delay.

Mueller wants to testify in front of Congress about as bad as Pelosi wants to start an impeachment inquiry.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Apparently Mueller requested the delay.

Mueller wants to testify in front of Congress about as bad as Pelosi wants to start an impeachment inquiry.

I hope Dem members treat him as a hostile witness and the Mueller Report itself as just a parcel of a completely unfinished investigation that is full of holes that Congress deserves to know.

I'm worried they'll just suck him off and raise him to the level of Republican Jesus and fail to really grill him for answers and info.

Also 4 hours is a joke. If Hilldawg can go 11 hours for some bullshit, Mueller can devote at least that much (way more) considering the level of crimes and the people committing them we're talking about here. This shit is literally global. Trump himself is merely just one player of so so so many.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I really think Justice Dems need to work with CBC on this. These two orgs eating each other alive would be horrible.

Though CBC does need some new people in it.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
They already tried that once and came away with stories of the guards telling the detainees to drink out of the toilet while laughing at them.

You think Pence is going to talk to detainees and not just BCP?
Maybe if we're really lucky though we'll get a video of another guard "owning the libs" by drinking out of a toilet.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru

NEW: Falling in Iowa & outraised by @ewarren, @BernieSanders allies + advisers want him to lean more into his bio, train his fire on....@JoeBiden

"I do think he's going to have to draw a contrast with the vice president," sez @RoKhanna

w @melbournecoal https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/12/us/politics/bernie-sanders-2020-campaign.html …

"If you want somebody who's going to talk about their cooking, their dog, their wardrobe, travel habits, or favorite books, Bernie Sanders is not your candidate."

"Some really interesting stuff in that article. Yet Mr. Sanders's campaign faces a conundrum in how to run against Ms. Warren. Though aides grumble that she has claimed some of Mr. Sanders's long-held, anti-big business stances, they all but rule out the prospect of aggressively confronting someone their candidate considers a personal friend."

Yeah i dont expect Bernie to ever go after Warren. It would also be pointless.

"However, even Mr. Sanders's aides acknowledge that they would like to see him talk more about his post-World War II childhood in Brooklyn"

I wonder if he would gain support if he talked more about his personal life and attacked biden. We'll see what happens on that second debate.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

JM Rieger @RiegerReport

Q: Did you know Buttigieg in college?

MOULTON: "No. I think we hung out w/ different groups of friends. Not at all, I was not hanging out w/ Harvard Dems."

Q: "What was your friend group like?"

M: "Athletes. People who went out and had a good time."https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/11/seth-moulton-trump-biden-debate-1408537 …

9:26 AM - Jul 12, 2019

excuse me, excuse me

lrrr8hrydvu21.png

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard on MSNBC that part of what the Mueller delay may be about is DOJ trying to prevent his staff from testifying. I really hope the Dems don't cave yet again to appease Barr.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Just heard on MSNBC that part of what the Mueller delay may be about is DOJ trying to prevent his staff from testifying. I really hope the Dems don't cave yet again to appease Barr.
I'm not up on the details, but I've seen a few twitter journos mention that blocking staff from testifying would be reneging on terms of their agreement they came to a while back (think subpoenas and holding Barr in contempt)

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Axios @axios

NEW: President Trump has told confidants he's eager to remove Dan Coats as director of national intelligence, according to five sources who have discussed the matter directly with the president. https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-remove-dan-coats-director-of-national-intelligence-2ba4275d-7624-4f4b-9026-ee0d0606ce32.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100 …

Coats has rankled Trump more than once with his public comments:

• When he appeared to criticize Trump's relationship with Putin
• When he told a Senate panel that North Korea was unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons, contradicting Trump https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-remove-dan-coats-director-of-national-intelligence-2ba4275d-7624-4f4b-9026-ee0d0606ce32.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100 …

11:38 AM - Jul 12, 2019

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Coats just gave bipartisan briefing on election security to all members of Congress https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1149704180543586304 …

11:37 AM - Jul 12, 2019

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
"Some really interesting stuff in that article. Yet Mr. Sanders's campaign faces a conundrum in how to run against Ms. Warren. Though aides grumble that she has claimed some of Mr. Sanders's long-held, anti-big business stances, they all but rule out the prospect of aggressively confronting someone their candidate considers a personal friend."

Yeah i dont expect Bernie to ever go after Warren. It would also be pointless.

"However, even Mr. Sanders's aides acknowledge that they would like to see him talk more about his post-World War II childhood in Brooklyn"

I wonder if he would gain support if he talked more about his personal life and attacked biden. We'll see what happens on that second debate.
Or, what about the Democratic candidates make their pitch to the general public and not tear down fellow candidates in the meantime?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Lmfao Weaver come the fuck on

divination

Oct 26, 2017

What's funny is that is exactly what the presidential election is. People want to feel like they know the candidate on a personal level.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
I have to say I'm not a fan of this tweet

It's one thing to attack Pelosi for abdicating responsibility to hold Trump accountable, or for letting the administration have their way. It's another to accuse the dem House of not doing anything to pass bills that help people. Because doing so actually hurts voter propects of the Democratic party.

It's also not true because the dems in the House have actually passed bills that would help people in the short or long run. Part of the issue is the media isn't covering them because Trump controversies are overshadowing everything, and now dem infighting.

Also there are bill the dem house wants to pass but blue dogs are stopping from passing.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Another blind item, this one is pretty easy. I'll put it in spoilers so only people who want to read it see it, but I'm like 99% sure it's Tootsie.

This person is a Democratic Candidates for President of The United States.

In public, they are, of course, vocally supportive of a large number of causes, including LGBTQ rights.

Except… they might not want you to know about how they reacted in private to a relative who came out of the closet to them.

[The Candidate] was upset and tried to convince [the relative] to go to gay conversion therapy. This went on for several months.
The relative refused to go and The Candidate eventually gave up.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm not a fan of this tweet

It's one thing to attack Pelosi for abdicating responsibility to hold Trump accountable, or for letting the administration have their way. It's another to accuse the dem House of not doing anything to pass bills that help people. Because doing so actually hurts voter propects of the Democratic party.

It's also not true because the dems in the House have actually passed bills that would help people in the short or long run. Part of the issue is the media isn't covering them because Trump controversies are overshadowing everything, and now dem infighting.

Also there are bill the dem house wants to pass but blue dogs are stopping from passing.

His criticism is actually less about passing bills and more about dems failing to make the bills they've passed something people know about and can get excited about. If the strategy is to focus on kitchen table issues, what does it say about the kitchen table strategy if voters can't name anything dems have done for their kitchen table issues? If the conclusion is that the scandals make it too difficult to execute your kitchen table strategy, then the kitchen table strategy was a mistake -- or at least, hasn't been executed well.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
His criticism is actually less about passing bills and more about dems failing to make the bills they've passed something people know about and can get excited about. If the strategy is to focus on kitchen table issues, that strategy doesn't work if voters can't name anything dems have done for their kitchen table issues. If the conclusion is that the scandals make it too difficult to promote your kitchen table agenda, then the kitchen table strategy was a mistake.
Issue is getting the press to write about bills they know will never pass the Senate in a million years when there's actual stuff happening every day that affects people's lives. No one is going to spend money or column space on a bill that will never be a thing.

The funny part of all this is I remember a year or so ago when these same types were saying there was too much of a focus on Trump and not enough on these kinds of issues.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Good riddance Acosta, full confidence means you're much fired and that press conference was not Brett enough to justify his job and standing

Pat Pizzella is an old Reagan/Bush toad who used to work with Jack Abramoff, He'll probably get Scott Walker for the job

Firing Coats would be cause massive problems in the intel community

Firing Ross would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.