• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Marianne Williamson @marwilliamson

I don't mean to ruin anyone's day, but if we don't allow it to ruin our day then we just might allow it to ruin our country. The president's tweets are more than racist; they border on rants of a fascist dictator. Throughout history, words such as he uses have led to catastrophe.

5:20 PM - Jul 16, 2019

She's also appearing on a grifter's show:

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

I don't mean to ruin anyone's day, but if we don't allow it to ruin our day then we just might allow it to ruin our country. The president's tweets are more than racist; they border on rants of a fascist dictator. Throughout history, words such as he uses have led to catastrophe.

Like attracts like.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't get it. Why would Pelosi be banned from speaking without a new vote to let her speak? I thought she didn't break any rules, that it was only a precedent thing which she had already cleared as OK. All it takes is someone saying saying, "I think you broke the rules", and they can't speak again without a vote?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
McCarthy on the floor whining.
I don't get it. Why would Pelosi be banned from speaking without a new vote to let her speak? I thought she didn't break any rules, that it was only a precedent thing which she had already cleared as OK. All it takes is someone saying saying, "I think you broke the rules", and they can't speak again without a vote?
Hoyer, who was in the chair, ruled her comments out of order.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Parliamentarian rules are crazy convoluted.

WarioFan63

Oct 25, 2017
IL
You know I thought it was strange that for as big as the House is, there's less independents there compared to 2 out of 100 in the Senate. Granted, Amash has only been like that for barely two weeks, but there was still a big 0 before.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
You know I thought it was strange that for as big as the House is, there's less independents there compared to 2 out of 100 in the Senate. Granted, Amash has only been like that for barely two weeks, but there was still a big 0 before.
There hadn't been one since a certain someone got elected senator from Vermont in 2006.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
:V

Karoun Demirjian@karoun

* MOMENT * As Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver — who dropped the gavel — tells reporters outside House chamber about how he's never called anyone a racist, Rep. Steve King — who has been censured by the House earlier this year over racist comments — walks up and shakes his hand.

5:54 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
What in the gay hell is going on?
GOP ruled in 2016 and 2017 that you can't call the president racist (wonder why). Pelosi called Trump racist. The GOP objected, the chair ruled her out of order, we took it to a vote, her comments stand and her speaking privileges have been restored.

Trump will be condemned later tonight.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Alex Moe @AlexNBCNews

And now @RepSwalwell just referenced Trump's "s*** hole" countries comment on the House floor and said they were racist comments. Republicans are objecting and want his words taken down

6:00 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Edit:

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

Famous last words. Republicans now moving to take down @RepSwalwell's words. He read trump phrases and said they were racist— without saying trump said them.

Swalwell is withdrawing an offensive word — and Collins withdrew his objection. Stay tuned....

6:02 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
:V

Karoun Demirjian@karoun

* MOMENT * As Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver — who dropped the gavel — tells reporters outside House chamber about how he's never called anyone a racist, Rep. Steve King — who has been censured by the House earlier this year over racist comments — walks up and shakes his hand.

5:54 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Cook PVI: D+7

wtf. Like, I know its Missouri, but that doesn't explain it with D+7.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
GOP ruled in 2016 and 2017 that you can't call the president racist (wonder why). Pelosi called Trump racist. The GOP objected, the chair ruled her out of order, we took it to a vote, her comments stand and her speaking privileges have been restored.

Trump will be condemned later tonight.

Holy. Mother.

Catching up on the jeffersonian rule crap.

How in the world is the House disallowed to say what it thinks? No. Jettison that rule now.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Alex Moe @AlexNBCNews

And now @RepSwalwell just referenced Trump's "s*** hole" countries comment on the House floor and said they were racist comments. Republicans are objecting and want his words taken down

6:00 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Edit:

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

Famous last words. Republicans now moving to take down @RepSwalwell's words. He read trump phrases and said they were racist— without saying trump said them.

Swalwell is withdrawing an offensive word — and Collins withdrew his objection. Stay tuned....

6:02 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Someone wants to keep his job.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Not only do I approve of Trump's racist comments I want to make sure the record never shows he said racist comments. Classic party of Lincoln.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, I'm just catching up on the afternoon. Republicans aren't concerned about the actual remarks... they're concerned with a not-actually-a-rule ancient recommendation that you not say mean things about the president on the house floor? And that people who call others racist are the real problem, blah blah blah? Nice.

Yup.

Again they are more concerned about being called racists than the actual racism. It's obvious.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Joe Rogan sucks but that's the best tweet from a candidate so far

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Al Greens motion is gonna fail and that's gonna give fuel to Trump. Pelosi needs to herd her cats and tell them to vote yes on it.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
America: it's literally in the rules that it's worse to call someone racist than it is to do or say racist things / be a racist.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
what does this look like with RTX on
who-controls-the-us-house-of-representatives-odemocrats-jebl-republicans-37510293.png

Glorious graphics

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Our poll suggests that voters view the men in this race as a lot more likable than the women. Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders each take 20% when New Hampshire Democratic primary voters were asked which Democratic candidate is most likable. Buttigieg comes in third with 18%.

None of the women candidates even come close. Only 5% list Kamala Harris as most likable and just 4% say Elizabeth Warren is.

Warren's poor standing on this question comes even as she rose significantly in the horserace from April.

ORLY???
Shocking.
NH sucks why is it an early state again?

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what voters in the middle of Summer care about? Not fucking arcane rules of the House.

Call him a bloated, orange racist again. Every Democrat should, and then point and laugh when the GOP cries about it. Step on their necks, no quarter

Y'know what voters in the middle of Summer care about? Not politics. Especially not the House.

Biden acting like he's Bill Nelson or something.

Psh, pull-ups are easy to do when your body is comprised of nothing but thinning skin and Bengay.

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan sucks but that's the best tweet from a candidate so far

It really is.

America: it's literally in the rules that it's worse to call someone racist than it is to do or say racist things / be a racist.

Evangelicals and other Republicans really care about this IMO. Like, I used to think it was fake outrage, but now I think for most of them, it's really outrage because it cracks some careful facade that they need to keep up for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.