• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I do wonder how well Beto and his ground game will do in the primaries, especially after he gets some non-Instagram face time in the debates.

Seems like the kind of guy Iowa will just love.

Oh look, Trump yet again hints he would somehow stay for a 3rd term.

Trump knows the only thing protecting him is the fact that the GOP has made the presidency lawless.

In his imagination he probably has feverish, irrational notions of doing campaign rallies for the rest of his life and being forever elected president year-after-year.

It is literally and figuratively his safe space.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Even I'm surprised at just how much Bernie has tanked. I knew most of his support in 16 was based off anti-Hillary fervor, but I figured he had more diehard supporters than this.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing really holding down Bernie is that he hasn't been able to really boost his numbers in the south. I am left wondering what his campaign has been doing in the region to try and get his numbers up. Warren has started chipping away from Biden in the region, which could help her gain a major advantage in the field.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly forgot how bad that 2016 Primary field was. Everybody really did clear the deck and decide not to run against Hillary.

Happy we have a strong, diverse array of candidates this year.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly forgot how bad that 2016 Primary field was. Everybody really did clear the deck and decide not to run against Hillary.

Happy we have a strong, diverse array of candidates this year.
I also wonder if the clown car effect has really hurt any serious contenders chances. It seems to have congealed around the best and the rest.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Or.... he wants to stay married to her.
Sure. But the way he acts on twitter it would seem that he finds this administration beyond the pale. Why can he tolerate that from his wife?

There is a degree of disingenuousness in his posting that would suggest that it is an act, rather than a heartfelt belief.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
How dare you disrespect future Libertarian Lincoln Chafee
"Why did you vote to deregulate the banks?" "It was my first day!"

And then you had Jim Webb and his creepy overture towards killing that guy in Vietnam. I remember hearing a joke about how you'd hear someone's neck snap offscreen and suddenly Biden would be standing where Webb was.

O'Malley was at least respectable until he started having to beg the moderators for ten-second responses.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
6 years? He plans to leave in the middle of his second term?

Yeah that is confusing me too lol
I've seen several pollsters (Enten, Silver, etc.) state that the "name ID" argument doesn't hold water at this point.

All this is for naught anyway because the numbers after the debates will mean a lot more. Looking forward to seeing how candidates perform.

If 52% are already saying they're not comfortable voting for him in 2020 she's probably got a solid shot. Might not be a lack of name ID but 'Id wager few people outside the D field knows what she stands for, not a problem Bernie and Biden have.

Kind of telling both bernie and Biden have identical leads, they're miles apart on policy but they're not Trump.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

The problem is expected to worsen in the 2020s, as more baby boomers across the country advance into their 70s and 80s, the age group where people typically exit homeownership due to poor health or death, said Dowell Myers, co-author of a 2018 Fannie Mae report, "The Coming Exodus of Older Homeowners." Boomers currently own 32 million homes and account for two out of five homeowners in the country.

Oh man, this will definitely coincide with rising healthcare costs, and the looming student loan/millennial debt - all with a bit of climate change making itself known (particularly in these areas mentioned in the article lmao) tossed in for good measure.
Oh, and the eventual economic meltdown cycle happening either next year or the year after that.

The upcoming 20s are going to be fuuuuuuuuuun.

So fun.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Then he should have said IN six years. But he does this shit all the time, so I don't even know why I nitpick his tweets anymore.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

"Me don't like poll, now I fire you" - Angry Orange Man

He'll probably get McSally's pollsters instead

Trump/Biden 38/53 in Maine

Lol Sue is fucking toast if this pans out

Trump is also behind the former vice president in Iowa by 7 points, in North Carolina by 8 points, in Virginia by 17 points, in Ohio by 1 point, in Georgia by 6 points, in Minnesota by 14 points, and in Maine by 15 points.

Well I can see why Trump's team might be a little worried.

He added that a "more likely turnout model patterned after 2016" with a defined Democratic candidate shows a "competitive" race with Trump "leading."

2020 won't be 2016, not even close.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Ohio number (even in a monster terrible poll, Trump is still only losing by 1) makes it more believable.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, this will definitely coincide with rising healthcare costs, and the looming student loan/millennial debt - all with a bit of climate change making itself known (particularly in these areas mentioned in the article lmao) tossed in for good measure.
Oh, and the eventual economic meltdown cycle happening either next year or the year after that.

The upcoming 20s are going to be fuuuuuuuuuun.

So fun.

Roaring 20s!

Roaring fires from the burning of all of the rich.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if Bernie is going to make some personnel changes soon because this is not a great trajectory to be on right now.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Turmp still winning Ohio in an election where Biden wins Georgia would probably be the ultimate death knell for ever considering it a swing state again.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
That Estimated Delegate Count posted upthread makes me nervous. If that holds (and I totally expect it to change, but still), then we're looking at a really ugly future, where Warren and Sanders could either be winning if they had combined support, but the split support helps Biden clinch it. I think that could get real ugly among internet political discussion.

Naturally, the whole "consolidate support" thing doesn't really make sense, since a lot of Warren and Bernie votes probably have Biden as a second choice, and its too chaotic to predict who would get what support if a candidate dropped out. But the image is gonna end up being "Bernie + Liz ~= Biden" and therefore we're gonna see a lot of angry fans arguing over how X screwed over Y and helped Biden win.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That Estimated Delegate Count posted upthread makes me nervous. If that holds (and I totally expect it to change, but still), then we're looking at a really ugly future, where Warren and Sanders could either be winning if they had combined support, but the split support helps Biden clinch it. I think that could get real ugly among internet political discussion.

Naturally, the whole "consolidate support" thing doesn't really make sense, since a lot of Warren and Bernie votes probably have Biden as a second choice, and its too chaotic to predict who would get what support if a candidate dropped out. But the image is gonna end up being "Bernie + Liz ~= Biden" and therefore we're gonna see a lot of angry fans arguing over how X screwed over Y and helped Biden win.
Yeah, but if Warren wins more delegates than Bernie the narrative shifts from "Warren spoiled Bernie's chances" to the other way around. I mean, the hardcore Bernie whiners will say that no matter what, but who gives a fuck what they think?

Anyway Jesus at those poll numbers. Those Iowa numbers too are in stark contrast to the conventional wisdom that bundled it and Ohio together.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Ranked ballots really should've been implemented. A brokered convention is going to piss off A LOT of primary voters, especially if Biden eeks out a win with 30%.

Either that or a WTA system like the Republicans use.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but if Warren wins more delegates than Bernie the narrative shifts from "Warren spoiled Bernie's chances" to the other way around. I mean, the hardcore Bernie whiners will say that no matter what, but who gives a fuck what they think?

Anyway Jesus at those poll numbers. Those Iowa numbers too are in stark contrast to the conventional wisdom that bundled it and Ohio together.

Counter point. Hillary got more delegates than Bernie and the narrative among many Bernie fans was not that Bernie was at fault. I'm not saying it's gonna be some disaster or have any effect on the election, of course some people are gonna whine no matter what. I'm just saying that it'll be annoying to deal with online. Two groups of hardcore fans fighting over why the other didn't drop out, and resentful of Biden for pulling it out. Just frustrating, but also yeah probably inevitable no matter who wins and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.