• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The 2020 hellscape continues.

Putting OT4 out of its misery.

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

Previous threads:

US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Jeff Stein @JStein_WaPo

Qs Joe Biden's campaign did not answer to The Washington Post:

- Do you support a Green New Deal?
- Do you support a carbon tax?
- Would you ban fracking?
- Will you reduce your campaign's carbon footprint?
- Would you end federal $ for fossil fuels?https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/climate-change/?utm_term=.9d65dc041fd3 …

10:56 AM - Jun 3, 2019

INURLdq.jpg

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017

Jeff Stein @JStein_WaPo

- Would you end federal $ for fossil fuels?https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/policy-2020/climate-change/?utm_term=.9d65dc041fd3 …

INURLdq.jpg

Jesus he looks like an enemy from the resistance games.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

Hoyer announces House agenda for June:
- Disaster Aid
- Immigration/DACA bill
- 2020 spending bills beginning June 12 in "several packages as House Republicans did"
- Possible vote on raising minimum wage
- Cmtes continue conducting "critically-needed oversight" of Trump Admin

2:36 PM - Jun 3, 2019

Alex Moe @AlexNBCNews

Just in: The House Judiciary Cmte announces series of hrngs on the Mueller report w/ the next one set for June 10th. The hrng will feature John Dean the former WH Counsel who plead guilty to obstruction of justice + testified before the Senate Watergate Committee

3:00 PM - Jun 3, 2019

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Jeff Stein @JStein_WaPo

INURLdq.jpg

Says it all, really.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Why? What does John Dean have to do with anything? I'm sure there's a point beyond theatrics, but can we stop playing The Hits and start making new music? I want to hear from this new up-and-comer named Don McGahn.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? What does John Dean have to do with anything? I'm sure there's a point beyond theatrics, but can we stop playing The Hits and start making new music? I want to hear from this new up-and-comer named Don McGahn.
The entire point is political theater because political theater is how you move public opinion. The big factor sticking in the way.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
The point is to directly draw the watergate parallels.

Don't get me wrong, I get what they're going for, but if you aren't on board already with the parallels I don't think John Dean is going to change your mind. Explosive testimony from a contemporary figure like McGahn is more likely to move the needle. That being said, since they can't get anyone to testify right now I guess John Dead will have to do. I hope I'm wrong and that any fence sitters that see his testimony will be moved towards impeachment.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017

Jeff Stein @JStein_WaPo

INURLdq.jpg

Wow. I'm sure hes not being paid off by Fossil Fuel companies.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else slightly worried the economy will fall off a cliff around or after November 2020?

Obviously I don't want the economy to do that, but just seems like dems would be blamed (of course for absolutely no reason)

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile in "what are Dems doing regarding impeachment", it's back to the 70s:

(not necessarily a bad thing but I'm intrigued by the roadmap)

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this OT will take us to the 1st Dem debates

Who wrote this trash?

fred hiatt

Several media commentators have expressed the view that The Post's editorial position under Hiatt has moved towards a neoconservative position on foreign policy issues. Human rights attorney Scott Horton in a blog post for Harper's Magazine, writes that Hiatt has presided over a "clear trend" towards neoconservative columnists.[20] Jamison Foser, a senior fellow at the progressive media watchdog group Media Matters for America, has said that The Post's editorial stance under Hiatt is now neoconservative on foreign affairs and is no longer liberal on many domestic issues.[21] News anchor and political commentator Chris Matthewsstated on his program Hardball that The Post is "not the liberal newspaper it was", but has become a "neocon newspaper".[22] Andrew Sullivan, a conservative political blogger for The Atlantic wrote, in response to the sacking of Dan Froomkin, "The way in which the WaPo has been coopted by the neocon right, especially in its editorial pages, is getting more and more disturbing."[23] According to Fox News commentator James Pinkerton, the editorial page of The Post had transformed from a liberal voice into a top ally of the Bush Administration in its drive to invade Iraq: "Remember the days when the Washington Post was the enemy of the Republican administration in the White House? Those days are gone. Today, the neoconservative voice of the Post's editorial page is one of President Bush's most valuable allies."[24]

Oh

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017

Jeff Stein @JStein_WaPo

INURLdq.jpg

WE HAVE 12 YEARS!!! Climate change should be everyone's first priority this election cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.