• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Michael Del Moro @MikeDelMoro

A lot in here for the LGBTQ+ community: overturning the transgender troop ban, moving toward eliminating the one-year rule on blood donation, passing the Equality Act, protecting transgender women of color:

7:47 AM - Jun 12, 2019

Rob Friedlander@robsfriedlander

Before leading a Pride Run this morning in NYC, @BetoORourke just unveiled a plan that would ensure LGBTQ+ Americans can live openly without fear of discrimination or violence while reversing Trump's discriminatory policies. #Beto2020

Read the plan here: http://betoorourke.com/LGBTQ

7:41 AM - Jun 12, 2019

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
This is the same reason why Pete, and Bernie had town halls there. You think they can't change minds. I disagree and so do they. I'm sure Cornell West disagrees too. I'm not going to act like they're going to make a majority change their stances. Come on, I'm not that naive. That's not the point. They already have a large audience and appearing or rather not appearing on there isn't going to somehow change that.

You don't think it's a good idea to do that for the reason you stated. I stand by the idea that I won't cancel somebody over appearing on there so long as they don't share the same hateful views of them. Calling them a shitbird over it sounds like you guys more or less are done with those particular people, rather than you just disagreeing with their single action(s).

From my experience, it is usually the leftist that gets convinced into some bullshit.

Or in Glenn and Tracey's case, were always on that bullshit.

West wants to be Jesus, but he doesn't have the range. His pettiness won't make it work.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
So could somebody refresh my memory as to why Obama picked Biden as VP

It was between Evan Bayh & Joe Biden at the end

The two aides had previously met with Biden, who had impressed them, despite Biden's verbosity. In what Axelrod called a two-hour monologue, Biden talked about the world, the middle class, the challenges and opportunities America faced and how he could help Obama.

Bayh, on the other hand, showed little emotion when interviewed — barefoot and in shorts — at the Greenbrier resort in West Virginia where he was staying with his family. Bayh was still in the Senate representing Indiana at the time of his interview to be Obama's running mate.

"Next to that of Biden, who spoke energetically in big, historical terms, Bayh's vision of the vice-presidential role and the times we lived in seemed decidedly small," Axelrod wrote. "As we made our way back to the plane, Plouffe and I agreed: Bayh would be a safe but uninspiring choice."

Biden was a great choice. Had decades in the Senate & foreign policy experience there which balanced out the ticket. Helped in PA and the Midwest since he's from Scranton.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017

It was between Evan Bayh & Joe Biden at the end

Biden was a great choice. Had decades in the Senate & foreign policy experience there which balanced out the ticket. Helped in PA and the Midwest since he's from Scranton.
Yeah I was wondering why he was in contention for VP given his poor Presidential runs but as an experienced Senator yeah it makes sense. And picking between Bayh and Biden lol
Seems that experience as a Senator is clouding his judgement regarding the current GOP.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
A really long way to go, but one possible scenario is Trump can't get out of his own way enough or be disciplined enough for anything to really damage Biden (who's more-liked than Clinton ever was) in a general with swing voters/Dems.

Pretty much all of Biden's weaknesses (he's too old, he makes gaffes, he was way too touchy-feely with people) are all things Trump is. It's going to be hard for Trump to make the "Biden is a creature of DC!" argument when he's corrupt as hell and the sitting President.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much all of Biden's weaknesses (he's too old, he makes gaffes, he was way too touchy-feely with people) are all things Trump is. It's going to be hard for Trump to make the "Biden is a creature of DC!" argument when he's corrupt as hell and the sitting President.
It's not hard to make the argument when you're as much of a shameless liar as Trump is. Trump can talk about Biden's touchy-feelyness while simultaneously calling every woman who ever accused him of sexual assault or harassment a total liar, and have no issue with doing so.

Oct 25, 2017
Sanders fans gonna start getting brutal soon if she overtakes him in Iowa.
ivut4ytfut331.jpg

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
The polls are fake, the news is fake, the leaks are fake, Russia is fake...

At least point, maybe everything is fake and we're just living in Star Ocean's world.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really think that if Warren can register more polls like that before the debates, she's got a real chance of pushing right up to Biden's numbers, if not past them. She's got real momentum now, and a lot of people want to vote for her, but there's still a persistent (if ridiculous) electability question. If Biden does as poorly in the debates as I'm betting he will, that could be her big shot.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I really think that if Warren can register more polls like that before the debates, she's got a real chance of pushing right up to Biden's numbers, if not past them. She's got real momentum now, and a lot of people want to vote for her, but there's still a persistent (if ridiculous) electability question. If Biden does as poorly in the debates as I'm betting he will, that could be her big shot.
He doesn't even need to do poorly, she just needs to do well. A good performance could wash those fears away.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
To think, Elizabeth Warren may be the next President of the United States because the GOP refused to just let her run the consumer watchdog agency she built. Life comes at you fast.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Going to be really fucking goddamn hilarious seeing all the people trip over themselves demanding Clinton make Warren her VP or else they wouldn't vote for her, suddenly turn around on Warren because she's a threat to their golden boy.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't even need to do poorly, she just needs to do well. A good performance could wash those fears away.

She has tough competition I feel (not in polling but on the debate stage)

Beto, Buttigieg, and Harris are all talented speakers and have really been narrowing down their policy positions in response to Warrens excellent benchmark setting positions

She is Queen of policy and seems damn good at talking the talk so Im not overly worried

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think that if doing really well was enough, she'd be the frontrunner already. Biden's appeal is not really based in anything about him, it's based in the myth of him - Biden is the man who can beat Trump! He's the Most Electable!

I think that people are doing a good job of chipping away at that argument, but the only one who can kill it is Biden himself.

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017

I have to say I agree. Choose the right person to be A.G., and let them carry out the right thing in an independent(which includes further discussion about it). The SDNY will continue their work.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I think that if doing really well was enough, she'd be the frontrunner already. Biden's appeal is not really based in anything about him, it's based in the myth of him - Biden is the man who can beat Trump! He's the Most Electable!

I think that people are doing a good job of chipping away at that argument, but the only one who can kill it is Biden himself.

One thing that concerns me is that if the Biden spell is broken

Will these voters split themselves among the remaining hopefuls? Abstain from voting?

How do we ensure they all get under the right umbrella?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

I think part of her issue has been that the pundits and whatnot have been able to define her. When people see the gap between what they've been told and what they see, it might do some good for her.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that concerns me is that if the Biden spell is broken

Will these voters split themselves among the remaining hopefuls? Abstain from voting?

How do we ensure they all get under the right umbrella?
Warren's already a lot of people's number 2 choice - the thing to realize, I think, is that Biden sinking won't just disrupt Biden voters, it'll disrupt everybody. I think she's got a solid chance of attracting a ton of votes in the disruption.
I think part of her issue has been that the pundits and whatnot have been able to define her. When people see the gap between what they've been told and what they see, it might do some good for her.
That's definitely not helping her, but even without that, I think she'd still be behind Biden as things stand right now.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
IMO it's way too early to even start peaking, let Biden's lead erode for the next months until October/November, some candidates will have to drop out by then.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

"Yeah! Fuck the Republican who voted to give us Medicaid! We'll vote for the Trumpy candidate who speaks my language!" - Some prick, probably

Oh hell yeah! I know the Dem who is running in that seat. Went to school with him. We're not close or anything, but I knew him. He's an awesome dude, so hopefully this bodes well for his chances.
O

Status
Not open for further replies.