• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
He's going to walk away with it the primary and as long as Democrats don't shoot themselves over it, he'll walk away with the Presidency.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
My husband was a Biden supporter and even he acknowledged it's all Obama glow not because there is any there, there.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's sort of instructive that this kind of garbage candidate appeals to this state which consistently lets us down.

Would be curious to see his numbers in Ohio and WI.

Only public poll in Wisconsin is from a garbage pollster (C on 538) which had him at 28 followed by Warren and Sanders at 14 and 13. Probably because by the time Wisconsin votes it might not matter anymore.

Apart from that, there have been no polls in those 2 states, although the leaked internal polls that showed Biden beating Trump in Ohio and by 10 points in Wisconsin might hint he will do quite well there.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Most voters don't know 10% of what goes on in their government. They see Biden, they think Obama. They see Biden, and they see a good natured and friendly person willing to work across the aisle. That's the appeal.

Facts don't matter. Policy doesn't matter.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
tenor.gif

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

2020 Florida Democratic Primary:
Biden 47%
Warren 12%
Buttigieg 8%
Sanders 8%
Harris 6%
Booker 3%
O'Rourke 2%
@StPetePolls/@Fla_Pol 6/22-23

Bdien's got the olds locked up. I think that's a big reason why his support hasn't really been dinged at all by women accusing him of inappropriate touching or reminiscing about working with segregationists (of I'm sure there are still plenty living in Florida today). These people don't care; they dismiss it as political correctness run amok by snowflake millennials, while they cash their Social Security checks being subsided by those snowflakes.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
If I had PS skills id make that dog on fire comic, with Collins head and she's saying "This is just so bizarre."

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
*mugger approaches Susan Collins* "Give me all your money!"

*slowly counts out the bills as she give them to the mugger* "This is just so bizarre."

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
On this edition of PA GOP in Disarray:

PA GOP chairman Val DiGiorgio sent a city council candidate a picture of an erect penis, and other sexually charged messages. From @ByChrisBrennan trib.al/aFIoAqJ
Some PA Republicans are already pushing Lou Barletta to become a new state chairman. He's a former Congressman/Senate candidate/strong Trump supporter

Reminder:

Casey - 2,792,437 55.74%
Barletta - 2,134,848 42.62%

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
My circle of friends has exactly zero Biden stans, which makes me realize what a bubble I live in. I will have to gather some anec-data the next time I am at the Dems' county office
I don't think my Dem county office would have any open Biden fans, even though I haven't been this primary season. Probably the older staff do, but they won't speak up about it.

I bet it'd be hard to find Biden fans in person. They're old and likely not going to be actively involved in politics outside of going to elections and watching TV news. And finding old white people outside of partisan political events will probably just find you Republicans.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a lot of old Biden lovers I've spoken to in Florida. Least I managed to sell my grandparents on Warren instead

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

I continue to be in awe of Mayor Pete's longevity.

Harris is really stuck it seems, can't remember the last time she consistently polled above 10 percent. These next two debates are going to need to be big for her.
Anecdotally, she's not really a presence in the media. I've always thought the debates will be her moment, if she has one. If she can't get some traction after that, then it's just not going to happen regardless of the amount of coverage she gets.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at those pools kind of reaffirms a belief I have that we are seeing a Democrat party that is pretty distinctively split into two camps: progressives and moderates. The issue is the split appears to be pretty close to 50/50. Warren and Sanders are fighting over the same 50% while Biden is far ahead on the other 50%. If votes start shifting away from Biden, I doubt they are going to shift to Warren/Sanders but rather to Buttigieg or Harris.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know how much the South Bend shooting will affect Pete. He had a pretty scathing segment on the View yesterday which will not help with black voters.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
More interesting to me:

So...who are these people's first choice? Because that is going to decide the primary. Is Warren getting Sanders' voters if he drops? Who is Biden drawing these votes from?

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm going to throw a *tiny* bit of shade at my nation of citizenship today. Due to their admirable Trump protests, some of my fellow Brits have been quick to insult the US for not having mass protests against Trump all day every day.

All indications are that they aren't going to have mass protests all day every day for BoJo.

Hopefully that tired criticism will cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.