• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what can be done to corrode those numbers. I wonder what Warren can do to strengthen herself here?
Attack dog him like Kamala at the next debate (hopefully they're together this month). Those two should just corrode the fuck out of his numbers by using his bullshit record against him.
Oh my god. He seriously showed up to the White House looking like a create a character from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.
I LOLd at this. God damn.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to timcast, he was like the only source of video during Ferguson (same fucking hat too)

When did he turn into a shitlord

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to timcast, he was like the only source of video during Ferguson (same fucking hat too)

When did he turn into a shitlord
It's really hard to say. He has not made a single video criticizing conservatives in years (from what I can tell), but his fans seem to be convinced that he's definitely a liberal because he says he is. So. Not the brightest bulbs. But pretty awesome grift.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if Warren has a good chance of eroding black voter support from Biden. I think her best chance is to hope Kamala erodes his base enough to put her in the lead without Biden completely collapsing

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
It's really hard to say. He has not made a single video criticizing conservatives in years (from what I can tell), but his fans seem to be convinced that he's definitely a liberal because he says he is. So. Not the brightest bulbs. But pretty awesome grift.

"No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby."

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
that Tony Hawk Pro Skater burn is even better to me now

I dont know if Warren has a good chance of eroding black voter support from Biden. I think her best chance is to hope Kamala erodes his base enough to put her in the lead without Biden completely collapsing

Warren and Harris going divide & conquer on Biden's support, and then combining it with a ticket together in the GE, is some good shit

Oct 25, 2017
one can only hope that Warren continues to grow
y4VlVJ.gif

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I know i'd only regret it if I took the time to learn who that guy is, so I'll just enjoy ya'll slamming on him and move on :)

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no thread for this decision to add the citizenship question? Not necessary?

Edit: oh wait I didn't watch it. Did he reverse his decisions?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much, I don't really know who he is other than he's apparently an alt-right fucko, but I know about The Room and THPS so I laughed anyway.

To keep it short: He's a "journalist" who says he's "center-left" in every single video he does, but then proceeds to do nothing but give right wing talking points and scream about the "far left."

He also loves Tulsi Gabbard.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Famous people DM me all the time, I just can't show you.

I know you're super jealous. You can't argue against facts.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many things Tom Stayer can do with his money.

So many good, humanitarian things.

Instead he decides to waste it on a vanity presidential run. Probably thinking that it worked for Trump and it might work for him.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy. Trump is NOT gonna be happy when he turns on the TV later tonight and checks Twitter to see all these "TRUMP CAVES AGAIN" headlines.

And with Mueller next week? I expect some heinous distraction to draw everyone's attention. Maybe Iran related.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Barr saying they're going to use citizenship data anyway to determine apportionment is ominous as fuck.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Weird that a SC poll counts. I thought only national ones did.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many things Tom Stayer can do with his money.

So many good, humanitarian things.

Instead he decides to waste it on a vanity presidential run. Probably thinking that it worked for Trump and it might work for him.
Except the average layman knew who Trump was. No one except fucking nerds like us know who Steyer is.

Weird that a SC poll counts. I thought only national ones did.

Yeah I'm confused. We sure about this? At least only 6 people who are def gonna be in September anyway get it added to the September tallies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Barr saying they're going to use citizenship data anyway to determine apportionment is ominous as fuck.
1) They can't. They have to use total population to apportion districts. If they tried to use only the citizen population, it'd get to court so fast their heads would spin. SCOTUS ruled as recently as 2016 that non-citizen population must be included in legislative district totals. That part is a bluff. Including the question itself was always just a play to depress Hispanics' response rates. They still would've had to count non-citizens (people who answered no to the question) in the totals. They were just hoping people wouldn't respond at all.

2) They could, however, use citizenship data from other sources besides the census forms to go after people - bad in its own way but not technically related to apportionment.

3) Trump won't receive the data until December 2020 (standard turnover rate from the census), so with any luck he'll be a lame duck with only weeks left and they won't be able to do a damn thing about apportionment even if it's destined to fail in court. It makes winning next year that much more important.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
1) They can't. They have to use total population to apportion districts. If they tried to use only the citizen population, it'd get to court so fast their heads would spin. SCOTUS ruled as recently as 2016 that non-citizen population must be included in legislative district totals. That part is a bluff. Including the question itself was always just a play to depress Hispanics' response rates. They still would've had to count non-citizens (people who answered no to the question) in the totals. They were just hoping people wouldn't respond at all.
The way he framed it as being in dispute, though, makes me think we could see a big push from them to try to get the courts to rule differently.

Though it may not ever help Trump, it could be immensely damaging in future if they find a way.

It makes winning next year that much more important.
The stakes couldn't be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.