• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Sorry, but failing to revoke Ogodei's title naming privileges after the travesty that was Flip-a-Gatesia means you all deserve this.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
You know I've always wanted to believe Alyssa Milano has had good intentions but this - what the fuck even is this

Fucking Williamson? Soulful ache of the nation? What the FUCK does that even mean? Holy shit. I honestly thought it was a joke at first. Embarrassing.

And doesn't the "I know. I know" give it away? Like yeah I know she sounds like she's constantly on fucking peyote and is not a serious candidate and has no serious solutions to anything but hey - collective soulful ache, so...

Fuck me.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know I've always wanted to believe Alyssa Milano has had good intentions but this - what the fuck even is this

Fucking Williamson? Soulful ache of the nation? What the FUCK does that even mean? Holy shit. I honestly thought it was a joke at first. Embarrassing.

And doesn't the "I know. I know" give it away? Like yeah I know she sounds like she's constantly on fucking peyote and is not a serious candidate and has no serious solutions to anything but hey - collective soulful ache, so...

Fuck me.

I can't explain it either. Might fuck around and join Marianne's cult

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of... please stop making Marianne Williamson a thing. Fucking hell. Even the ironic jokes are only normalizing her nonsense.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

Fuck me.

Marianne had an amazing interview with Dave Rubin today. I watched the highlights in the Michael Brooks Show and she demonstrated how Rubin is an absolute dunce and skillfully dismantled his left fearmongering arguments.

She performed way better than the debates and actually seems to have some depth.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marianne had an amazing interview with Dave Rubin today. I watched the highlights in the Michael Brooks Show and she demonstrated how Rubin is an absolute dunce and skillfully dismantled his left fearmongering arguments.

She performed way better than the debates and actually seems to have some depth.

She had an amazing interview w/ Chapo Trap House as well before the debates. It's clear that she knows what she's talking about and is more comfortable in this type of format.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
CNN just had a focus group of white female Republicans on where they all defended Trump's comments, said he's not racist and said the four hate America. And then the final woman to speak said the four clearly hate white people because there's no white woman in their group.
I mean, it's a cult. This isn't surprising.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

"Well they don't say it" but we all know in their heart of hearts they are for open borders and rule by al-queda.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Bodying Rubin isn't exactly hard.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017

No joke, in the first ten minutes she's taken down trickle down economics in the most clear, concise and compelling way.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

She had an amazing interview w/ Chapo Trap House as well before the debates. It's clear that she knows what she's talking about and is more comfortable in this type of format.
Yeah, I walked away impressed by her on Dave Rubin's show. She held her own and knocked down each of his bullshit talking points in quick succession. I can see now why people like her. The fact that she's At the very least tolerant of anti vaccination views is a dealbreaker for me though, oh well.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Fuck me.

WTF.

I expected better from Milano.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
If this guy is an alt-right/Nazi douche, as he seems to be, why would you all watch him regardless of guest?

In fact, I'd think less of someone who went on a show like that.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
omg mike fuckabee tweets that trump was not specifically talking about the squad in his original tweets...except trump already tweeted that he was talking about "the four congresswomen".

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this guy is an alt-right/Nazi douche, as he seems to be, why would you all watch him regardless of guest?

In fact, I'd think less of someone who went on a show like that.
I can see why you think that. I'm kind of conflicted in that: I do want people to push back against Dave Rubin and expose his audience to left-leaning ideas. But I also don't want left-leaning guests to legitimize his show. It's really tricky. But having a guest on that defends liberal values is better than not having one on, on the whole.

That's why I had a problem w/ Yang going on and not so much w/ this. Yang agreed w/ Dave on almost everything.

Also why Yanis Varoufakis's appearance on Dave Rubin's show was so pathetic. I was expecting a real leftist to criticize Dave's conservatism in an academic, scholarly way. As it turns out, he's the only marxist that I'm aware of that will defend the legacy of Ayn Rand's philosophy. well him and Zizek, actually.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm increasingly convinced a Venn diagram of Bernie, Tootsie, Jill Stein and Marianne supporters is just a circle

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

I don't really think this clip exemplifies what you're describing, especially since we are talking about Dave Rubin. Mocking a childish moron for not being able to back up shitty right-wing talking points doesn't exactly take a genius.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am most certainly not a Jill Stein supporter. or Tulsi. yikes.

Neither is Alysa Milano!

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I can see why you think that. I'm kind of conflicted in that: I do want people to push back against Dave Rubin and expose his audience to left-leaning ideas. But I also don't want left-leaning guests to legitimize his show. It's I think really tricky. But having a guest on that defends liberal values is better than not having one on, on the whole.

That's why I had a problem w/ Yang going on and not so much w/ this. Yang agreed w/ Dave on almost everything.

Also why Yanis Varoufakis's appearance on Dave Rubin's show was so pathetic. I was expecting a real leftist to criticize Dave's conservatism in an academic, scholarly way. As it turns out, he's the only marxist that I'm aware of that will defend the legacy of Ayn Rand's philosophy. well him and Zizek, actually.
I have no clue what that last paragraph is referring to, and I think I'm better off for it. Well, let me amend that: someone who'd go on this show and defend Ayn Rand is also shitty just like the host.

I've truly never understood the whole YouTuber phenomenon, especially when they're trashy people who present themselves as public intellectuals.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
marianne williamson is in that space where i feel bad even joking about her because I don't want to normalize someone that deserves zero publicity.

giving even the slightest credence to something like antivaxxing = instant permanent tootsie-tier

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no clue what that last paragraph is referring to, and I think I'm better off for it. Well, let me amend that: someone who'd go on this show and defend Ayn Rand is also shitty just like the host.

I've truly never understood the whole YouTuber phenomenon, especially when they're trashy people who present themselves as public intellectuals.
I do have a habit of putting unnecessary details in my posts that don't really add to the central idea. I'm sure someone knows what im talking about w/ Yanis and Zizek.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Planned Parenthood ousts its president.

Also, honestly, as has been the case for a while and even more so going forward, I couldn't give two shits what any Republican who supports Trump has to say.

These people are complacent, welcoming, and supportive of whatever it is this man does and says. It ia utterly disgusting human behavior at its worsr.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Weirder is getting some vindication out of all this Marianne buzz.

Also, behold (SafeFW but NSFLife).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Williamson is better than those two at least.
Williamson is better than those two st least tbh
Disgusting. https://www.thedailybeast.com/marianne-williamson-longtime-wacko-is-now-a-dangerous-wacko

But that may change thanks to Williamson's anti-vaxxer statement last week that policies requiring children to get life-saving vaccines is "Orwellian" and "draconian" and that the issue is "no different than the abortion debate."
For years, Williamson, Hay, and others told gay men that they could cure themselves if only they would properly visualize themselves getting well. Not just gay men, of course; people with cancer and other terminal illnesses, people struggling with obesity, people with chronic health conditions—to all of these, Williamson and her ilk said that they had the power to heal themselves, science be damned.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
LOL at Williamson being better than Biden and Klobuchar.

I don't like either terribly much, but come on. She's an anti-intellectual woo-woo anti-vaxx (sorry, ~~~vaccine skeptical~~~) loon and there's receipts to prove every damn bit of it.

I hope to Christ some of you are just trying to be goofy as a form of performance art.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Weirder is getting some vindication out of all this Marianne buzz.

Also, behold (SafeFW but NSFLife).

The woman in the middle makes the same face that the woman at the 2016 convention did when she declared "Maybe I'll just vote for Jill Stein"

Unfortunately as offensive as this is, it has the potential to be the Republican "Friday". Thanks, notcapnamerica.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.