• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not sure I even like Buttigieg much as a person anymore.

I mean, I don't actively dislike him. But it says a lot about a man so profoundly unqualified and so dismissive of an important segment of the Democratic base (until he needs their votes, of course), to then turn around and run anyway. Some people call that bravery. I don't. Do the job you're currently shitty at.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

They should just send Hangry Pete to make another round then...

13.jpg

Also, just so nobody forgets: ELIZABETH WARREN DIDN'T EAT HER CORNDOG!!!1!!
Looks like Mr. Bean trying to pass a kidney stone.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's account is retweeting a lot of anti-Antifa propaganda today, so Proud Boys "won"
Including a Dan Bongino tweet staying antifa stood for "anti-first amendment" lmao

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Brian Schatz @brianschatz

"Stephen Miller's influence is rivaled only by Jared Kushner." https://twitter.com/tracyjan/status/1162859610845437958 …

Tracy Jan @TracyJan

Read ⁦@NickMiroff⁩ & ⁦@jdawsey1⁩'s insights on the 33-year-old writing the central plot of Trump's presidency. Stephen Miller's influence in the West Wing is rivaled only by Jared Kushner. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/stephen-miller-trump-immigration/ …

6:51 PM - Aug 17, 2019
7:31 PM - Aug 17, 2019

Tracy Jan @TracyJan

Among Miller's co-workers are a few who believe he harbors racist views. "I don't know what other principle could animate such a laserlike focus."

Miller bristled at the claim, calling anyone who labels him a racist "an ignorant fool, a liar and a reprobate who has no place in civilized society."

6:54 PM - Aug 17, 2019 · Delaware, USA

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been on the Booty Train a bit longer than most here I think, and from the start I've firmly believed he's got the chops to be president someday. Unfortunately, he decided that's today and I just... don't see it happening. He's just not there yet, and I hope that he knows that and this is just him getting his name recognition boosted. If he doesn't get a cabinet position, I can see him taking a senate seat or governorship in Indiana pretty easily next go around, and maybe from there run for President in 4-8 years.

Miller bristled at the claim, calling anyone who labels him a racist "an ignorant fool, a liar and a reprobate who has no place in civilized society."

He just described himself to a T.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this earlier but was too lazy to actually draw anything from it.

TL;DR and reminder of total raised in the June quarter:
$12 million - Kamala Harris was sinking before the first debate, but that performance turned it around (for the quarter at least).
$19 milion - Elizabeth Warren has pretty steadily built up her donor support, much like her polling support, with some key inflection points increasing the floor.
$18 million - Bernie Sanders has a steady base of donors that give on calendar cue.
$21.5 million - Joe Biden had a big start, but since then his donation numbers have been relatively low.
$25 million - Pete Buttigieg has managed to spin televised performances into an influx of cash.
$2.8 million - Andrew Yang went on a racist guy's podcast and has since managed to get a bunch of donations from 4chan libertarians.

JPCUf5f.jpg

The California Democrat had burst into the 2020 race with 38,000 donors and $1.5 million in her first 24 hours. Her average online haul was a robust nearly $100,000 per day in February. It had eroded to just over $30,000 in the run-up to the first debate.
Ms. Harris's exchange with Mr. Biden over his fond recollections of working with segregationist senators and his opposition to mandated busing was like injecting rocket fuel into a starved engine: She netted $4.1 million in the following four days, $3.4 million online — about as much as she had raised digitally in the previous 10 weeks combined. She would collect 112,000-plus donations in the last four days of June.
HGu2DuW.jpg

In January, Ms. Warren had buckets but no rain. The most arid day came on her 20th as a 2020 candidate, when she processed 202 donations worth a combined $5,548, a sum more fitting for a congressional candidate than a White House hopeful.
her first key inflection point came from television, when she laid out her agenda in a March CNN town hall that drew nearly 1.1 million viewers. In the 30 days ahead of that appearance, she had averaged 1,600 donations per day; in the 30 days after, it more than doubled to 3,800.
No single announcement seemed to goose the grass-roots as much as her April 19 call for congressional impeachment proceedings against President Trump.
Before April 19, Ms. Warren had gone 68 different days raising less than $50,000.
Afterward? Zero.
DYpHMDm.jpg

When he entered the 2020 race on Feb. 19, droves of supporters signed up to make automatic monthly contributions.
Mr. Sanders's fund-raising is one of plodding consistency, as if a factory full of contributors were constantly churning out small donations. Since declaring, Mr. Sanders has had 54 days where he received more than 10,000 donations.
The most powerful motivator for Sanders supporters — beyond those who signed up to automatically give again and again — was often simply the calendar.
6dSYs2L.jpg

As President Obama's running mate, Mr. Biden had access to the old email list from the Obama campaigns. Would those people give to Mr. Biden alone?
Within hours of Mr. Biden's 6 a.m. announcement on April 25, money was pouring in. He had 65,000 donations in 12 hours, en route to a $6.3 million haul in the first 24 hours — the biggest of any 2020 candidate.
But the day-by-day data show potential early warning signs. His five best fund-raising days all came in his first week. Perhaps more ominously, he was the only top-tier 2020 candidate in the field to report raising less money in June than May, and he placed fifth in the June money race.
On no day in May or June did he top 10,000 donations; his kickoff rally day had nearly 8,000.
pbPaQxi.jpg

In the 10 days leading up to the town hall, Mr. Buttigieg processed 8,900 contributions; the following 10 days, he had 80,000.
Of the 113 days after the town hall until June 30, Mr. Buttigieg raised at least $100,000 on all but seven of them. When Mr. Buttigieg formally announced his campaign in mid-April, he raised $4.2 million over four days, more than Ms. Harris's four-day debate bounty.
Like Ms. Warren, Mr. Buttigieg's liftoff came from capitalizing on not just one moment but a series of them.
Bonus:
Mr. Yang might be a 2020 asterisk if not for a February interview he did with Joe Rogan, a popular podcast [racist] host, comedian and MMA commentator. The interview has 3.6 million YouTube views.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Gabby Giffords, Sinema, the Obamas, AZ Democratic House members, and the presidential nominee will be able to campaign with Mark Kelly. McSally has... um. Ducey, I guess.

LOL at Sinema supplanting Sue as the Moderate Darling.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The current state of /r/SandersForPresident is 💀💀💀so SAD. Kind of like the state of his campaign.

They are literally making threads about viewing counts on YouTube and likes for a tweet. The sub feels more like a stan base for Katy Perry, with fans trying to edge out whatever minimal victory they can.

Poor Bernie he deserved so much more, but he is kind of over tbh.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Hulk smash.

Edit: I like Buttigieg. I think he's witty and funny enough with some decent policy agendas. The media propping him up as God's gift who speaks 8 languages (grows by the day, but the truth is he only speaks a smattering of each language) and an impressive! education background (that several other candidates match) was so obnoxious given his credentials, South Bend fuck ups, and the janky policy he was putting out (it's gotten much better). But I'm mostly over that. I just don't have any desire for him to be my president. Counting "electability," I think I prefer Biden to him.

Edit edit:

Last edited:

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
The current state of /r/SandersForPresident is 💀💀💀so SAD. Kind of like the state of his campaign.

They are literally making threads about viewing counts on YouTube and likes for a tweet. The sub feels more like a stan base for Katy Perry, with fans trying to edge out whatever minimal victory they can.

giphy.gif

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Wow, it's almost as if Sanders only ever gained any traction in the first place because he was literally the only person who thought it would be productive to run again Hillary Clinton in a primary, got more traction than he would have otherwise because of Russian meddling, and that in the face of multiple other candidates he has a hard time standing out or something.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it's almost as if Sanders only ever gained any traction in the first place because he was literally the only person who thought it would be productive to run again Hillary Clinton in a primary, got more traction than he would have otherwise because of Russian meddling, and that in the face of multiple other candidates he has a hard time standing out or something.
You forgot O'Malley. :'(

Oct 25, 2017

Join us on the Warren train, we got snacks and a golden retriever

Status
Not open for further replies.