• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
6b00852d-5ac4-4ac3-a5df-527bcf5a3084_text_hi.gif

It is fitting this Thermidor that we open with a quote from Napoleon Bonaparte. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

This fits in with what we've seen recently:

The quoted text comes from AOC's Chief of Staff, and the reply seems to come directly from Hakeem Jeffries, chair of the House Democratic Caucus.

There's certainly a point to be made that House leadership has been quick to denigrate The Squad, young women of color who are on the left wing of the party, especially compared to the amount of "trouble" they cause compared to the Problem Solvers Caucus or the Blue Dogs, who gave Democratic leadership a stinging defeat on an immigration bill recently, forcing Pelosi into a Paul Ryan-esque humiliation where she had to pass a border security bill with mostly Republican votes. It's also worth mentioning tension between the Congressional Black Caucus and the Justice Democrats, representing the establishment and anti-establishment side among Democrats of color. It's a complex play of political power and race and privilege, just the kind of thing to get everyone mad and pointing fingers and assuming the worst about everyone else's intentions.

Yes, readers, it was the old classic "Dems in Disarray!" and it was playing on all the stations. Up until one sunny summer morning, when the fire brigade arrived to stop the self-immolation:

Since then, a number of Republicans have sunk to new lows of spinelessness, while some showed a modicum of spine. For Democrats, meanwhile, it was a rallying cry. In just the last few hours, Pelosi called Trump a racist on the house floor, forcing an obscure rules fight, and then the party passed a resolution condemning his statements.

Where we come from, and our families, is a matter of importance. It gives us context for the world around us, informs us on our values and makes us the people we are today. But it's the challenges that stand before us that are of paramount importance. There is nothing to be gained by going back and fixing "where you came from," because what's past is past. We, or our ancestors, cannot reclaim the lands and the times and the chances we had. That way lies the misguided direction of a red-capped horde seeking to reclaim something that existed only in their imaginations. Trapped in the past, they support a man determined to destroy our collective future. The next decade will be crucial for all of us (and not just in this country), and if we're going to find salvation, it's by going forward together into an uncertain tomorrow.

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

Where we came from:

US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)

US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.

US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Beyond this lies the beforetimes.

The thread title you didn't get:

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I was always partial to Secret of Manafort.
After E3, Trials of Manafort is still viable/relevant, in my opinion.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where we come from, and our families, is a matter of importance. It gives us context for the world around us, informs us on our values and makes us the people we are today. But it's the challenges that stand before us that are of paramount importance. There is nothing to be gained by going back and fixing "where you came from," because what's past is past. We, or our ancestors, cannot reclaim the lands and the times and the chances we had. That way lies the misguided direction of a red-capped horde seeking to reclaim something that existed only in their imaginations. Trapped in the past, they support a man determined to destroy our collective future. The next decade will be crucial for all of us (and not just in this country), and if we're going to find salvation, it's by going forward together into an uncertain tomorrow.
Is this the speech from Independence Day?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that trump has a rally tomorrow that was supposed to coincide with mueller. Should be lit.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
PoliERA thread life cycle

Post 1: this is gonna be great!
Posts 2-10,000: complaining about new thread title
Posts 10,001-19,950: holy shit, everything is literally fucked
Posts 19,951-20,000: let's think of funny new thread titles

Oct 25, 2017
"That way lies the misguided direction of a red-capped horde seeking to reclaim something that existed only in their imaginations."

i feel this is a particularly poignant line

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I know that, when our national political emergency eventually gets turned into entertainment media...

People have said they wanted a feature film.

Others have argued for an HBO series.

Others still have argued for a Netflix special.

But, after this week, what I want...is a musical.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I know that, when our national political emergency eventually gets turned into entertainment media...

It would be brilliant.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
CNN just had a focus group of white female Republicans on where they all defended Trump's comments, said he's not racist and said the four hate America. And then the final woman to speak said the four clearly hate white people because there's no white woman in their group.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

So great to see how unified the Republican Party was on today's vote concerning statements I made about four Democrat Congresswomen. If you really want to see statements, look at the horrible things they sa

....visible members of the House Democrats, who are now wedded to this bitterness and hate. The Republican vote was 187-4. Wow! Also, this was the first time since 1984 that the Speaker of the House was ruled Out of Order and broke the Rules of the House. Quite a day!

11:05 PM - Jul 16, 2019

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
CNN just had a focus group of white female Republicans on where they all defended Trump's comments, said he's not racist and said the four hate America. And then the final woman to speak said the four clearly hate white people because there's no white woman in their group.
Squad has a no whites allowed policy. They are the real racists. Let Nancy join!

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Stop watching CNN.

No, seriously.

They've given Richard Spencer "contributor" status as of today. And, coupled with the news that they're looking for more ways to compete with Fox...

I haven't watched much CNN since 2016. But now, it's pretty easy for me to pretend the channel doesn't exist. Its anchors are garbage, its panel format is garbage. Its philosophy is garbage.

MSNBC may be a liberal front. But at this point it isn't hard to made the case that it's the only reputable cable news station left.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017

Get Marianne to direct it and I'm in

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

They literally had one good article today and immediately after reverted back to being a shithole of a channel. These people almost as bad as Fox now.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Stop watching CNN.

No, seriously.

They've given Richard Spencer "contributor" status as of today. And, coupled with the news that they're looking for more ways to compete with Fox...

I haven't watched much CNN since 2016. But now, it's pretty easy for me to pretend the channel doesn't exist. Its anchors are garbage, its panel format is garbage. Its philosophy is garbage.

MSNBC may be a liberal front. But at this point it isn't hard to made the case that it's the only reputable cable news station left.
Co-signed. Fox News is a dangerous propaganda network, but cable news as a medium is absolute garbage.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Look, I have my issues with ha, but I'm just saying...

Nancy had her "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" moment today.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

And she's using the free speech first amendment angle.

She's so brave and an absolute inspiration.

Aug 1, 2018

Gov. Bill Weld @GovBillWeld

I know the vast majority of Republicans in the House, in their hearts, condemn @realDonaldTrump's racist tweets and words of recent days. It saddens me that Mr. Trump's insistence on partisan warfare prevents them from voting their hearts and, more importantly, their conscience.

8:03 PM - Jul 16, 2019

"I know they voted not to condemn the President's racism, but they actually really wanted to in their heart of hearts. Please believe me!"

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

So great to see how unified the Republican Party was on today's vote concerning statements I made about four Democrat Congresswomen. If you really want to see statements, look at the horrible things they sa

....visible members of the House Democrats, who are now wedded to this bitterness and hate. The Republican vote was 187-4. Wow! Also, this was the first time since 1984 that the Speaker of the House was ruled Out of Order and broke the Rules of the House. Quite a day!

11:05 PM - Jul 16, 2019

By the same logic, the ACA was repealed two years ago by the Republicans with a 49-3 vote.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
They literally had one good article today and immediately after reverted back to being a shithole of a channel. These people almost as bad as Fox now.
While I normally am very hard on CNN their interview with Ken Cuccinelli was great. The interviewer wasnt having it and actively called him out on his BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.