• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was going to say the same. Sounds like she was just a middleman.

Title inflation in finance is really a thing. I grew up thinking VP meant bigwig, and it literally means manager in effect. Even directors are just middle managers, Managing Director is where it starts being a serious title, and I still wouldn't call that executive level.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@rebeccaballhaus Hicks told the committee last month that she was not aware of the hush payment to Stormy Daniels when it was arranged. Today's docs put her in phone calls with Cohen and Trump during the period the payment was arranged, but don't explicitly say those calls were about the payment.
Rebecca Ballhaus ✔ @rebeccaballhaus House Judiciary Committee chairman Jerry Nadler in a letter to Hope Hicks' attorney asks Hicks to clarify her testimony to the committee by Aug. 15. 18 7:51 PM - Jul 18, 2019

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Title inflation in finance is really a thing. I grew up thinking VP meant bigwig, and it literally means manager in effect. Even directors are just middle managers, Managing Director is where it starts being a serious title, and I still wouldn't call that executive level.

MD was when they are grooming you for exec pretty much. At least that's how it looked on my end. Title inflation is so annoying, and happens a ton in NYC.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was going to say the same, though I was there more recently. Sounds like she was just a middleman. The google stuff is more notable.
A Vice President at Goldman Sachs is not an executive. I was a low level manager there at roughly the same time and that was my title too. Basically anyone who manages people is at least a VP.
How many people in this thread worked at Goldman Sachs?

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
At my company the hierarchy is Manager > Director > VP > EVP

And then it's the real big wigs that report directly to the board like the CFO and CEO.

The CEO might know who you are if you're a VP, but if you're anything below that lol.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
A Vice President at Goldman Sachs is not an executive. I was a low level manager there at roughly the same time and that was my title too. Basically anyone who manages people is at least a VP.
Yeah that's how it is at most banks. My dad has been in banking his whole career and has been a VP/Senior VP/Exec VP for most of it.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
At my company the hierarchy is Manager > Director > VP > EVP

And then it's the real big wigs that report directly to the board like the CFO and CEO.

The CEO might know who you are if you're a VP, but if you're anything below that lol.

In finance, it's analyst, associate, senior associate, VP (manager or senior team member), director, managing director, senior managing director (which is an executive, IMHO), partner, managing partner, senior managing partner (top level people).

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
butti has some of the worst policy in the field rn and he masks it behind that annoying "I'm just a good Midwestern boy" facade. he drives me nuts.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
No. There's nothing disqualifying about Buttigieg. Or any of the dems aside from Biden and Tulsi for me. I can't say that this helps my image of him as a candidate though

It's just not a big part of her experience most likely. It's a sensationalist headline. Google Exec or higher Ed think-tank head is really the profile.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In finance, it's analyst, associate, senior associate, VP (manager or senior team member), director, managing director, senior managing director (which is an executive, IMHO), partner, managing partner, senior managing partner (top level people).

Yeah in pretty much every other industry VP is well above a director. They should maybe rethink that.

Oct 25, 2017
So this is just a lame NBA Lottery? Embarrassing.

giphy.gif

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, first we're about to learn when the unimportant candidates debate. Gotta milk a few more commercial breaks.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Are they proud of themselves right now, I wonder.
This is the dumbest thing I've seen on CNN and I watch way too much cnn

Status
Not open for further replies.