• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Doing away with the kiddy table debate is more of a drawback, and I can see that now. It keeps the front-runners from squaring off against each other, and its important to see how the main contenders interact and face off against each other. I wish CNN would have had a truly random drawing, so that there was a chance all five frontrunners could have been on the same night. The next debate will probably do what CNN just did, which was divide the top five up to ensure ratings are high for each night. There's a 50% chance we don't see a Warren vs. Biden matchup again.

It's not CNN, it's the DNC.

I'm okay with this. Although a different 20-person format would be good too. Instead of a debate you could have something like a battle royale where they have a few questions for the whole night and the candidates group up into teams based on their position on the issue.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Full disclosure, if Williamson starts bringing out Metal Gear Solid quotes I will 100% vote for her or write her in if I must

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Night one: White moderates vs Progressives (w/Orbz)

Night two: Booker and Harris vs Biden (w/tankie fave Tulsi and libertarian in disguise Yang)

Odd, but okay. I guess Warren vs Biden will be the finale.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Full disclosure, if Williamson starts bringing out Metal Gear Solid quotes I will 100% vote for her or write her in if I must

In all seriousness, there are a lot of people in OT praising her, especially after going on Rubin's show and making him look a fool, and we are apparently joyless cynics for not taking her seriously. Am I missing something?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
what if she goes full AI Colonel/GW?

You mean her opening monologue she just repeats, verbatim, GW's speech as she ignores the moderators telling her she has blown past her time limit for the last five minutes?

jswxMum.jpg

In all seriousness, there are a lot of people in OT praising her, especially after going on Rubin's show and making him look a fool, and we are apparently joyless cynics for not taking her seriously. Am I missing something?

No, it just means you have standards for who you think should be controlling our foreign policy and representing our nations foreign affairs.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking hell, Rachel Maddow's piece on the head Department of Interior is utterly black and white in how plainly corrupt it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Take all the time you need, TheHunter.

Why do cabinet secretaries get to choose where gov't agencies are located? They're moving the USDA and Bureau of Land Management to Kansas City and Colorado respectively, as a way to essentially "fire" the staff using the impracticality of relocating on such short notice.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky

Why do cabinet secretaries get to choose where gov't agencies are located? They're moving the USDA and Bureau of Land Management to Kansas City and Colorado respectively, as a way to essentially "fire" the staff using the impracticality of relocating on such short notice.

That seems wildly inefficient. I always thought all that stuff was in DC.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys; just go give your moms and dads, sisters and brothers, any kids you have a hug and tell them you love them.

I really wish I could have done that one last time.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Nah. It just means that you're not treating this as a circus. If they wanna be pouty, that's their issue.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Twitch wasn't the only issue Bernie's got with organized labor.

It's literally straight out of Mao. They're deliberately doing it to gut the agency and rid them of competent civil servants to install lackeys.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
🤦‍♂️

Selling straws to own the libs

$15 for TEN STRAWS. Hahaha.

Harris is basically being handled the nom by getting two chances to clock Biden. Shame.

I am going to enjoy watching Bernie & Warren vs Fighting Jobber Team tho.
Harris is not being handed the nomination! She's actually losing some of the momentum she got coming off the first debate. There's no evidence whatsoever that the nom is being handed to her. How'd you dream this up?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

This is uh.

Edit: Oops! Beaten.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harris is not being handed the nomination! She's actually losing some of the momentum she got coming off the first debate. There's no evidence whatsoever that the nom is being handed to her. How'd you dream this up?
Gotta make up conspiracy theories rather than admit Bernie's a shitty candidate who lucked out that Biden didn't run in 2016.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Losing momentum is probably more on her campaign.

My statement was p clear I think, getting two chances to face against the frontrunner is incredible luck, especially this early. Im not saying "oh its rigged" or something like that. Im saying that she certainly got a good drawing. If it came across as something else then thats on me.

Essentially, Kamala is going to have two chances to attack Biden directly, Warren has had none so far.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

My statement was p clear I think, getting two chances to face against the frontrunner is incredible luck, especially this early. Im not saying "oh its rigged" or something like that. Im saying that she certainly got a good drawing.

Kamala is going to have to chances to attack Biden directly, Warren has had none so far.

How do you even know she's going to continue attacking Biden? Especially with Booker around.

idk, this take is stretching.

Also, who wants to be the poor soul who puts that Bernie story in the OT?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kamala has the most to lose here. She needs to repeat her performance in the first debate to keep the spotlight on her.
I don't agree. She took command in the first debate.

The exchanges with Biden got the most press, sure, but she was in charge of the thing the whole time.

I don't see anybody on that night who is going to be able to wrest control from her. I don't think she's particularly going to go after Biden either (and I don't think he'll go hard after her); a repeat isn't going to give her the same boost, much as some here would love for Biden to take every hit.

Oct 27, 2017
Conjecture: If Biden decides to say "I've evolved", adopts a mix of warrens and sanders plans and harris' ultimatum to Congress, and full-stop supports the squad and immediately and publicly takes a national pulpit to shout down the racism of Trump and the Republican legislators with the bluntness of Williamson (completely outclassing many House Democrats), he'll be sure to clinch it - the VP candidates will be lining up and the Buttigieg Biden-hedging donations will go on pause.

As long as he doesn't talk about anything else or go on sidebars.

It's Biden though.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
@forma: "I stand with Bernie 2020 campaign staffers in demanding a living wage for all. #FightFor15"

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017

My statement was p clear I think, getting two chances to face against the frontrunner is incredible luck, especially this early. Im not saying "oh its rigged" or something like that. Im saying that she certainly got a good drawing.

Kamala is going to have to chances to attack Biden directly, Warren has had none so far.
Your statement was clear but your logic isn't sound. There is no guarantee that Harris will have another huge success by calling out Biden. That's merely an assumption but it's likely that Biden and his campaign are preparing for a huge comeback. A lot of unexpected things could happen too. Harris could have a bad night, others could start going after her, etc. She definitely can't just repeat herself.

Kamala has an uphill battle against Biden and Warren/Bernie imo.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
How do you even know she's going to continue attacking Biden?

idk, this take is stretching.

Your statement was clear but your logic isn't sound. There is no guarantee...

I think that being able to take potshots at
the candidate thats leading almost every poll by many points is a golden opportunity and I would be very surprised if Kamala didnt try to find a perfect opportunity to strike against Biden.

Having a chance is still better than having no chance.

And well, I could be completely wrong and maybe Kamala ignores him. I'll eat crow if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.