• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just laws of the averages. Of her 100 donors, 56 were women.
tbh, I think it is the Franken. She took a stand at a point where she didn't need to and now a bunch of people hate her for it. It'd only make sense than people would also find it empowering.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
My dream ticket is still Warren/Castro. I think they both have strengths that compliment each other well.
On top of my other issues with Harris, I just get a lot of vagueness from her and what she stands for, idk. I feel like she lacks direction. Anyone else feel that way about her campaign?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
My dream ticket is still Warren/Castro. I think they both have strengths that compliment each other well.
On top of my other issues with Harris, I just get a lot of vagueness from her and what she stands for, idk. I feel like she lacks direction. Anyone else feel that way about her campaign?
Give her time. She just basically introduced herself to the country last debate.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's clear now that a Harris/Beto ticket would perform the best against Trump.

I love Warren, but I'm starting to lean towards voting for Kamala again.

I wouldn't be surprised if I change my mind again, but I'm pretty confident that my primary vote will ultimately go to either Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "clear"?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still Warren first and foremost. The president drives the party's policies, and she's got the best policies. Having a president who cares about that stuff is really important if you want it to happen.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still Warren first and foremost. The president drives the party's policies, and she's got the best policies. Having a president who cares about that stuff is really important if you want it to happen.
You're right about her having the best policies, but the key phrase there is "having a president." She has to become president first! And I don't think she's as strong as Harris in the general.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Warren scares the hell out of me and I think her proposed policy of decriminalization for illegal border crossings will kill her in the GE because we live in a shit world.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'll be curious to see where Biden stands a month from now.

As it stands, I still see no gathering enthusiasm for him in areas where I'm starting to see it for other candidates.

Biden on top of the ticket seems like a huge liability to me at this point.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Are you nervous at all about Gillum getting less votes than Nelson? That shit pissed me off so bad and made me nervous about PoC in a general election.
Well, yes, but I'm more worried about neither Gillum nor Nelson matching Hillary's performance in Miami-Dade. If they had, they'd both be in office now, Panhandle Nazis or no. Hillary and Gillum/Nelson actually had opposite problems: she cleaned up in base areas like Miami-Dade but lost the swing counties. They lagged her in Miami but won the swingy counties (Pinellas, Duval). Failing to match her Hispanic margins is the bigger problem, though.

I guess I'm saying that I wish people weren't racist shitheels and that candidates of color didn't have to contend with the hate. However, we should focus on fixing the things we can actually fix. Engaging and increasing Hispanic turnout is one of those things.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
D_73hOCXYAAS4Ls

He can unite the nation.

This pic is not a good idea, imo...! Taken after a town hall in Steve King's district.
Cursed image

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Former CNN and now ABC News Correspondent:

----------------

Kyra Phillips @KyraPhillips

No matter what your politics are, I have to say that I appreciate the access ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ gives us on a regular basis and the ability to ask any question. ⁦@PressSec⁩ ⁦@johnrobertsFox

5:10 PM - Jul 19, 2019

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

A particular politics almost certainly informs this view, since the President nearly always uses this time not to an answer the questions that are asked but to speak non-responsive lies and political slogans into the assembled tv cameras. https://twitter.com/kyraphillips/status/1152324862549118981 …

12:15 PM - Jul 20, 2019

Susan Hennessey @Susan_Hennessey

I know the format is limited, but it's hard to see how asking the president a question and then allowing him to ramble on with a non-responsive answer that is also factually false, without interruption, is an effective form of coverage. https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1152301386975129603 …

3:44 PM - Jul 19, 2019

It's not access for us, it's access for Trump, to spread his latest lies. He dodges the questions and dashes into the helicopter any time he feels pressured, and the Press Sec daily briefings are a thing of the past. Sadly the WH press core doesn't push back on this because then they might lose their place. Remember when Obama would show up for over an hour to take questions?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Harris had no glaring weaknesses, I think she has the most potential to unite the various bases of the party. And Beto is the ultimate hype man, he would bring a lot of energy and passion to the ticket.

There's been one debate. I don't see how anyone makes this kind of proclamation at this point.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This heat fucking blows.

It's currently hotter here in Boston than in fucking Florida.

Thanks Republicans.

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I guess I was skimming the authors as I legitimately thought that *was* Nate Silver who had that analysis on NYT.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It's storming in Minneapolis right now.

So glad we picked today to shoot a commercial.

In theory but what on earth makes you think
Harris would ever attach herself to Biden at this point.
Because being Vice President is a really sweet gig?

Yeah she went hard on Biden but they're rivals in a primary, not bitter enemies.

Biden said Obama straight-up was not ready to be president and that his candidacy was a fairy tale, didn't stop Obama from picking him or Biden from accepting.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why anyone would want Beto for VP after his performance but Obama did get 2+-time loser to be his running mate as well so

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Yeah she went hard on Biden but they're rivals in a primary, not bitter enemies.

I think there's real animosity there. They're not arguing about economic policy she's laying into him about being a racist.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harris/Pete, if only because I think Pete would absolutely dominate Pence in a debate.

But, I guess VP debates never really matter.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Those onlookers wearing his pin seem pleased.
Just noticed the dude in the green shirt. LOL

For once my area of OK lucked out. We're topping out at 101-102 this weekend. The average high around now is 99, so only a few degrees higher than normal.
Today is a high of 100 with a heat index of up to 109. Tomorrow it's 99 with a HI of 107.

This is unheard of here.

Thankfully it'll be in the 80s most of the rest of the week, with Tuesday being in the 70s.

It's killing me even with AC; I guess because I'm not used to it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, those bottom three. That's all your non-woman frontrunners.

So now we know Pete has the worst AA support and donation-wise the worst female support. He truly is the ideal college-educated white male candidate.
With a dash of "hey I'm giving you money not because I agree with your politics but because I want to keep the first gay guy in the race and visible for as long as possible", which I totally get.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Harris/Pete is definitely a good way to alienate moderate (bigoted) democrats and many independents. Seems like self-sabotage at a glance.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Biden said Obama straight-up was not ready to be president and that his candidacy was a fairy tale, didn't stop Obama from picking him or Biden from accepting.

It's all clear for the rest of the day looks like.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I said somewhere last night that I understand strategizing and fretting but that we also shouldn't overthink things. In PA and MI, we would've won if turnout in Philly/PGH and Detroit, respectively, had just stayed at 2012 levels. Trump's ~~~rural surge~~~ wouldn't have mattered. We can win those states literally just by mobilizing the base and turning out more Democratic voters in those diverse blue cities. If we improve on Hillary's margins in the suburbs, that's a bonus and gives us more wiggle room.

The same principle applies to WI and Milwaukee, although we might need a little more persuasion in WI.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I said somewhere last night that I understand strategizing and fretting but that we also shouldn't overthink things. In PA and MI, we would've won if turnout in Philly/PGH and Detroit, respectively, had just stayed at 2012 levels. Trump's ~~~rural surge~~~ wouldn't have mattered. We can win those states literally just by mobilizing the base and turning out more Democratic voters in those diverse blue cities. If we improve on Hillary's margins in the suburbs, that's a bonus and gives us more wiggle room.

The same principle applies to WI and Milwaukee, although we might need a little more persuasion in WI.

Comey Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.