• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harris/Pete is definitely a good way to alienate moderate (bigoted) democrats and many independents. Seems like self-sabotage at a glance.
The homophobia's gonna be pretty correlated with "unobtainable racist voters"- it's not really a problem in that manner. The real issue is that Pete isn't really a good VP option for Harris.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
D_73hOCXYAAS4Ls

He can unite the nation.

This pic is not a good idea, imo...! Taken after a town hall in Steve King's district.

Dude in the green shirt looking he was considering throwing hands. The lady in blue just looks so disappointed.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Green shirt for sure looks like a staffer.

Like dude what should you be taking this pic holy shit. Lol.
Yeah, like, Manchin does this all the time (to the point where it gets hilarious contrasting all the various pictures against each other) but Manchin has to win election in a W.V. general, not a national Dem primary.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like a pic that would have been better saved for the GE. It seems like primary cancer. That said, any party can participate in IA primary caucuses. idk, If I were a staffer I wouldn't actively be promoting that pic, but that's what his IA comms guy did.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like, Manchin does this all the time (to the point where it gets hilarious contrasting all the various pictures against each other) but Manchin has to win election in a W.V. general, not a national Dem primary.
1513302138824.jpg

This picture might be my favorite political image of all time. It makes me cackle whenever I see it.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Cmon, how many actual press conferences has trump done compared to Obama. What a ridiculous take.

None of the previous presidents had many memorable press conferences compared to Individual-1. Lies were vanishingly rare, respect was offered and recieved, they were informative...even boring. People forget Normal Human Behavior.

Warren scares the hell out of me and I think her proposed policy of decriminalization for illegal border crossings will kill her in the GE because we live in a shit world.

Not scares the hell out of me but that is a thing these ratfuckers would latch onto given its their only chance.

Things like that are what we should be gaming out for each of the remaining viable candidates right now to develop countermeasures.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Grossman's twitter feed- this sure looks like a political hangover problem from politicians used to the union-dominant era being slow to adjust to new realities.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
It's storming in Minneapolis right now.

So glad we picked today to shoot a commercial.

Because being Vice President is a really sweet gig?

Yeah she went hard on Biden but they're rivals in a primary, not bitter enemies.

Biden said Obama straight-up was not ready to be president and that his candidacy was a fairy tale, didn't stop Obama from picking him or Biden from accepting.
Kamala all but explicitly stated Biden was a racist.

Meanwhile, Obama said this about Biden in the last debate in 2007:

They stood as opponents on the stage at the Des Moines Register debate last December. Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. defended himself against a tough question on whether some of his off-the-cuff statements, including one about Sen. Barack Obama, suggested insensitivity on issues of race.
His rival stepped in.

"I have absolutely no doubt about what is in his heart and the commitment that he has made to racial equality in this country," Mr. Obama volunteered. "So I will provide some testimony, as they say in church."

Yeah, I don't think there's coming back from that for Harris/Biden.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's clear now that a Harris/Beto ticket would perform the best against Trump.

I love Warren, but I'm starting to lean towards voting for Kamala again.

I wouldn't be surprised if I change my mind again, but I'm pretty confident that my primary vote will ultimately go to either Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren.
Why is that clear

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'm team silver because I was at a panel one time with Cohn and asked him a question about juiced up turnout in the D primary in OK maybe meaning Dems had an opening with OK-05 with the teacher's strike changing dynamics enough in the state and he dismissed me out of hand. And then I was right.

But also give me your lunch money nerds

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'm team silver because I was at a panel one time with Cohn and asked him a question about juiced up turnout in the D primary in OK maybe meaning Dems had an opening with OK-05 with the teacher's strike changing dynamics enough in the state and he dismissed me out of hand. And then I was right.
You could've just listened to me. :)

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Is Marianne canceled again or just on hiatus until she dominates an interview with Joe Rogan?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Appointing members of the other party who represent vulnerable seats so that you can gain them in special elections/let a governor appoint a replacement is also a time-honored tradition.

Like, McConnell supported Trump offering Heidi and Manchin cabinet positions for a reason.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I admit that I was wrong thinking Edmondson had a shot. :( I knew the polarization had gotten strong, but I thought that eight years of Fallin would've given him a fighting chance. However, he won OK-05 by 9 while losing the rest of the state by 12. The district was 21 points to the left of the state as a whole!

I always thought OK-05 was a sleeper Congressional race because of our teacher strikes and its being a fairly young, well-educated district.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
He knew how to regulate.
First black President

The heat index is over 115 here and the humidity is over 70%. It's awful.
And my dumb, double-coated dog keeps going out on the deck and sunning herself.
There's dogs outside at our neighbors' too. They're running around their pool deck with their tongues waggling out of their mouths.

Our cats, even the ones who usually like the heat, are in "fuck this shit" mode.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

If he can steer a bunch of MAGA hat wearers into voting for him instead of Dumpster, I don't care who a candidate takes photos with.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Is Gillibrand likely leading this because of her leading the Al Franken resignation?

While she's most known for that, Gillibrand is actually just super visible and present in female-led political communities. She's always doing a conference or a discussion with a female-led group, similar to Harris.

In fact, the entire list reflects what each of the candidates had been spending their time and energy on with regards to the engagement of politically active women prior to their campaigns.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beto really personifies that old adage "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll wind up alone forever in the cold dark vacuum of space."

Status
Not open for further replies.