• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
And we need to push for more states. We can't allow the map to be as narrow as it is. NC and AZ especially considering the senate races need to be the primary focus. Winning the presidency will be virtually worthless if we don't get them anyway

I'd rather bet on those two states as well because their election systems aren't as fucked as Florida's is, which is a sad statement in itself

Both Arizona and North Carolina have Democrat's as SoS. So we won't see Kemp like fuckery in either. Florida is seriously just take it or leave it at this point. I'm completely and totally done expecting anything good from that state

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

its been clear for a while that "white evangelicism" is largely just white supremecacy in its Sunday's best. But direct evocations of the Christian God as a white power rallying cry to some is something I hadn't thought much about. It's so obvious. It's been so obvious.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
it's pretty funny reading that "sanders cancels past due medical debt" thread in light of that one poster in here complaining about how this thread is just too mean
We are

Third-party groups apparently feeling confident about KY-GOV.

Beshear's campaign also has plenty of money.

From KY Senate majority leader

GOP seriously doesn't know what they're walking into

This warms the cockles of my heart. Better not to waste any money on something that will be a slaughter.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Why is it that everytime he is "serious" and has to make an official announcement like this he always ALWAYS sounds like a 5th grader that's being forced to read his book report to the class? He sounds bored. It's like he can't even pretend to care.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

Why is it that everytime he is "serious" and has to make an official announcement like this he always ALWAYS sounds like a 5th grader that's being forced to read his book report to the class? He sounds bored. It's like he can't even pretend to care.

He loves doing this shit, though. His tweets take on an almost giddy tone.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

Biden out here fundraising for McCready. I know Joe's pretty popular here.

Last edited:

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
its been clear for a while that "white evangelicism" is largely just white supremecacy in its Sunday's best. But direct evocations of the Christian God as a white power rallying cry to some is something I hadn't thought much about. It's so obvious. It's been so obvious.
Oh gotcha, I agree they probably see themselves as modern crusaders. I thought you meant a connection between NIN and white supremacy. As far as I know Trent is anti racist but I could see how white supremacists might try to co opt his music for themselves.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Ban assault weapons. Do a voluntary buyback. Then wait 10 years and do a mandatory buyback.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is a terrible idea to poll "forced" anything. I would just say assault rifle ban (since that's what we mean) and maybe something like "compensation for existing assault rifles" and see if people react to that. Fatties/Americans LOVE compensation.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is a terrible idea to poll "forced" anything. I would just say assault rifle ban (since that's what we mean) and maybe something like "compensation for existing assault rifles" and see if people react to that. Fatties/Americans LOVE compensation.

Fuck you, pay me. It's a philosophy.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Profanity is not the f-bomb. What is profane is a 17 month-old baby being shot in the face.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
...he is kind of branding himself as a younger, less gaffe-prone Biden in terms of VP choice.

"That's fucked up" is the new "That's a bunch of malarkey."
Less making gaffes, more just lack of a filter.

But Beto is also a decent person, so "lack of filter" here not meaning "says the n-word when he's upset" so much as just responding to crisis with righteous indignation that matches the moment, as opposed to the polished answers you usually expect from other politicians.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I think the word fuck is so common that it should be uncensored.

Shit damn piss fuck. Who cares.

zou

Oct 29, 2017
An improvement over the early 2000s then when they had actual NeoNazis in the Saxon parliament

The Afd are Nazis now (after the 2015 leadership change).

Edit: Also 9 & 5% compared to almost 30%, is in no way an improvement, even if AfD are slightly to the "left" (lol) of the NPD.
Edit 2: They are also the 3rd strongest party in the Bundestag, which is scary as fuck. They managed to attract all the former NPD voters, as well as the racists, xenophobes. homophobes and ultra-conservatives/nazis from the other parties. Germany never had a far-right party represented in the parliament, and now they are third behind the CDU/SPD. Horrifying.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I will never understand why Beto launched big and then avoided going on TV for like a month. Not only did it let Pete eat his lunch, but it turns out he's... actually pretty good in interviews?

Well actually originally Beto was a bit rough in his TV interviews. He struggled to answer questions directly and he would divert too much into stump speeches and anecdotes. But I think his staff have finally let him just relax and be himself more even if it means a few F-Bombs get let loose. I also just think Beto is starting to find his stride on the national stage. He still doesn't seem to be getting traction in the early states, but I'm still not counting him out because he is capable of "a moment" that can completely change the dynamic of the race.

I'm also still shipping Kamala/Beto.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I think his argument is that "but trump" isn't a good argument.

Unfortunately he just doesn't understand that people don't actually care about trump's verbal profanities. They care about his profane behaviour.
Right, and the conservatives often lose sight of this because they are prudes themselves. You see plenty of "ok yeah so he used a bad word" whenever he calls African countries shitholes or talks about grabbing pussy and it's like excuse me, sir or madam, that is not what we're upset about!

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean has anyone who has ever been polling as bad as Beto is ever come back to win. I think hes done fine if he is angling for a VP slot, but no matter how raw Beto is able to get for the public I dont think that will matter if he isnt connecting with those people outside his constituency.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean has anyone who has ever been polling as bad as Beto is ever come back to win. I think hes done fine if he is angling for a VP slot, but no matter how raw Beto is able to get for the public I dont think that will matter if he isnt connecting with those people outside his constituency.
Kerry was at 4% in December & TX has 228 delegates. Then again his profanity may have a reverse effect in polling.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
"One of the most powerful storms" is going to be a line stated every year when it comes to hurricanes.

Fucking climate change.

Status
Not open for further replies.