• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans are into civility-- classical republicans-- because people being loud typically means they're unhappy which means they want change which typically means they're challenging the power dynamic. Classical republicans always have power. So that's why they want civility.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Well actually originally Beto was a bit rough in his TV interviews. He struggled to answer questions directly and he would divert too much into stump speeches and anecdotes. But I think his staff have finally let him just relax and be himself more even if it means a few F-Bombs get let loose. I also just think Beto is starting to find his stride on the national stage. He still doesn't seem to be getting traction in the early states, but I'm still not counting him out because he is capable of "a moment" that can completely change the dynamic of the race.

I'm also still shipping Kamala/Beto.
Yup, i agree with this. It just takes one of those moments to completely turn this around for him and unfortunately, all these mass shootings are giving him plenty of opportunity. The 'That's fucked up' thing is basically permeating my social media feeds right now.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
More tariffs, stock market futures down about 0.6% (S&P500) to 0.9% (Nasdaq).

Time for more lies about phone calls that didn't happen.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

I think Bernie has the Muslim demo on lock.

Alsoe, he made a pretty strong condemnation of India wrt Kashmir which seems to have provoked some nationalists.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nuclear's downfall isn't so much about safety, but rather its astronomical cost compared to other actually renewable sources. Like, why bother expanding it at that point?

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
For now. We cant even figure out what to do with the waste now!

And God forbid there be an accident

Some of the existing waste can actually be used by newer nuclear designs.
Newer designs eliminate meltdown risk.

This is not even talking about possibilities with using thorium.

The real issue is cost, but considering Wind and Solar are both variable inputs, we need some stable backbone to the power grid.
If you want to 100% eliminate fossil fuels, Nuclear and Throrium need to be part of the plan.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Remember that time Greenpeace went after Apple because they wouldn't make hollow climate promises like the rest of the tech industry and instead focused on real-world industry-leading practical conservation efforts?

I do.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Complaining about what to do with nuclear waste is always ironic considering we just burn up and heave the byproducts into the atmosphere for fossil fuel plants where it slowly poisons the entire planet and collectively kills millions a year.

The power grid will always, always need a stable and substantive baseline output, regardless of how much renewable and battery storage we have.

Oct 28, 2017
Complaining about what to do with nuclear waste is always ironic considering we just burn up and heave the byproducts into the atmosphere for fossil fuel plants where it slowly poisons the entire planet and collectively kills millions a year.

The power grid will always, always need a stable and substantive baseline output, regardless of how much renewable and battery storage we have.

Yep, right now, being against nuclear is not caring about global warming at all. As unfortunate as it that we need nuclear energy for the foreseeable future, people who are against it care more about signaling their virtue than about the planet.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Greenpeace have also claimed that Golden Rice would not work; that it would not deliver enough vitamin A to be effective, or that it would produce so much as to be dangerous. All these claims are false.

Greenpeace have so severely and repeatedly misrepresented facts and distorted policy deliberations that their extensive misrepresentations have provoked India into revoking their license to operate due to "fraud", although this order has now been put on hold. This follows official sanctions for their dishonest propaganda campaigns in Australia and Canada.

While Greenpeace have led the fact-challenged propaganda campaign against innovations in agricultural biotechnology, others driven by dogma rather than data have also been active. Some from the organic community have decided biotechnology innovations threaten their business model (for example, by taking the Bt pesticide widely used by organic growers and making it accessible to conventional farmers by incorporating it into the seeds of corn and cotton to help repel pests in a way that is safe for humans and better for the environment).

Nobody should ever listen to Greenpeace

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty convinced now that the war on WaPo is some weird Birdie campaign strategy to try and get attention. Lol.

All eyes currently on centrists Warren and Biden and Calfcramps McTablehopper.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

Currently we have tons of nuclear waste sitting in reactors because we have no place to put them without harming the environment and life

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Nuclear's downfall isn't so much about safety, but rather its astronomical cost compared to other actually renewable sources. Like, why bother expanding it at that point?

I know someone in the energy industry, and this is exactly what they told me. Everyone talks about safety, but he said the initial cost is astronomical and no private company is willing to put forth that kind of cash to start. He said the government would have to do it, and they never will.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Majortitty Opinion

57912.jpg

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully China and some European countries are going full steam ahead with Thorium. So even if the USA stops development someone else will take the slack.

But again, we are handicapping ourselves two fold by not even exploring it since all our smartest nuclear scientists and engineers will all be poached by other countries. This sounds familiar...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty convinced now that the war on WaPo is some weird Birdie campaign strategy to try and get attention. Lol.

All eyes currently on centrists Warren and Biden and Calfcramps McTablehopper.
It most definitely. Not sure if this whole plan was road mapped back in January but it's certainly something they think will help them get attention on the internet.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Rare earth mining and refining for necessary elements of renewable technologies... produces uranium and thorium as a byproduct anyway.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Folks, this is how you start weird conspiracy theories.

Some random person sees talk of Dem candidates having tubes with no context and within a month 30% of respondents believe Elizabeth Warren as bred in a lab from ferns, cacti, and 1/2000th native DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.