• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Strange how Harris, Bernie and Pete lost 3pts each and none of it went to Warren or Biden.

They could have turned into undecided voters.

I think Bibi's done.

Please lawd.

300% increase for Beto. Now it's time to shine.

I expect Buttigieg and Harris to cross streams soon.

I don't really know what his play is.

Maybe a Cabinet post since he's not going to be anyone's VP. There's really nothing back for him in South Bend / Indiana.

Yeah Booty is too big for South Bend now. The challenge for him will be getting a cabinet position that still keeps him viable for a future Presidential run. I think this might be a good pathway for him: Cabinet position -> Run for governor -> Another Presidential run in 8-12 years. An he would still be just in his late 40s.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I've just never liked Ohio. I mean, my life is here now, so it is what it is. But I'd go back to Florida in a minute. (if that was possible which its not because, like I said, our lives are here. Our kids lives are here. Our company is here.)

I have a sick, strange love for it.

I grew up in Akron, with a lot of time spent in Cleveland, Columbus, Cuyahoga Falls, and Barberton. At 14 my mom remarried and we were in the Canton area (Jackson Township specifically), and as an adult I spent some time in Bowling Green for grad school. I've attended Kent State, BGSU, and Akron U, and worked in 3 universities/colleges.

I adore my hometown. It gave me some loves, some hates, and I am grateful that I grew up in a neighborhood renowned for its diversity and immigrant culture. It had my best friend in childhood, a boisterously gay man whose wedding I attended some time ago. I knew Lebron's wife growing up. As a white, straight man I was weirdly introduced to tons of walks of life, all for the better. It was also nice to grow up in an area where the main highway ran directly behind my house, a mile outside of downtown, yet we could still grow a monstrous garden and enjoy wildlife due to our parks system.

If I were in a position to do whatever I wanted without monetary concerns I'd be involved with our immigrant organization and the local university to attract writers, activists, etc. I'd run a farmer's market devoted to local, sustainable produce. The state is so ripe for being on the vanguard of societal change, but everywhere I go there's a subset of any community just slavering to hold us back. It's the state in a nutshell - poised to enter a new realm but held back by a small group of reactive fuck-ups who can't find any way to enjoy themselves unless they fuck you worse.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Other crosstab tidbits from SUSA poll.

Black support:
Biden 42
Sanders 23
Warren 10
Harris 7
Pete 0

Hispanic support:
Sanders 25
Biden 23
Warren 12
Harris 7
Pete 3

18-34 / 65+:
Biden: 19 / 42
Warren: 17 / 21
Sanders: 33 / 8
Pete : 2 / 5
Harris: 7 / 2

Male / Female:
Biden: 34 / 33
Warren: 16 / 21
Sanders: 21 / 14
Harris: 7 / 5
Pete: 4 / 6

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio is definitely not the worst. After all, that state up north exists.

Don't get me started on Michigan drivers. Motherfuckers don't understand, it's named I-80 because that's the goddamn speed limit. The sign says 70, you're supposed to drive 80, but there they are in the left lane riding their brakes at a cool 65.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get me started on Michigan drivers. Motherfuckers don't understand, it's named I-80 because that's the goddamn speed limit. The sign says 70, you're supposed to drive 80, but there they are in the left lane riding their brakes at a cool 65.
Or I-55 also known as if you're going that speed limit the Cops pull you over.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Trump campaign has a new ad questioning Biden's mental fitness. Rich coming from them, but it will likely be their central theme against Biden if he makes it to the general.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump campaign has a new ad questioning Biden's mental fitness. Rich coming from them, but it will likely be their central theme against Biden if he makes it to the general.

This is a really stupid thing to be doing DURING THE DEM PRIMARY. Last time they knew to stay out and troll using Bernie's busters, but those people are probably all gone now.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ok I gotta say that "my time's up anyway" bit in there isn't half bad.

Honestly pretty good angle from Trump as he knows the Dems won't go this low and even if they did it's pretty effective and decreasing enthusiasm and promotes "both sides are bad" apathy.

Actually kind of interesting they are willing to attack Biden like this so early.

Makes me feel like they'd rather run against Warren.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, maybe SUSA is oversampling / overweighting younger voters? Not sure.

The exit groups don't perfectly line up, but in 2016, only 17% was under 30, and 60% were over 45.

SUSA has 18-34 at 24%, and 50+ at only 53%.

I guess the 7% more in the lower group could be ages 30-34, and likewise the 45-49 group could account for 7%.

Is the Primary electorate expected to be younger this time around?

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Joe's gotta drop out. I say that as one of the few people on here who doesn't hate him.

Not worth disgracing what's left of his legacy for this.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
If only Dems could get over their egos and let actual counsel question everyone. They really don't all need their stupid 5 minutes
I agree.
I don't have the stomach watch every congressional testimony, so I skipped this one, but I do always see this criticism brought up every time one comes around. If there is any advantage to letting each member get their own jumbled up 5-minute lighting round, I sure as hell can't tell what it is.

Edit: And by "advantage", I mean advantage to the Amerian people lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Timing on this only helps Warren more to be honest. Can't even disagree with the use of the ad to be honest, it's what everyone has been saying about Biden from the start. With that said, an equivalent Trump ad would be 10x more scathing.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are the fundraising numbers coming out, so you guys can talk about something different than Bernie dropping out before a single vote is cast which is hyper unrealistic. I expect Biden's # to be way down and his campaign to need big donor money to stay afloat going forward. Biden's campaign is far more likely to be facing financial troubles than either Bernie or Warren

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When are the fundraising numbers coming out, so you guys can talk about something different than Bernie dropping out before a single vote is cast which is hyper unrealistic. I expect Biden's # to be way down and his campaign to need big donor money to stay afloat going forward. Biden's campaign is far more likely to be facing financial troubles than either Bernie or Warren
Biden has not been relying on crowdfunding his campaign from the start of this.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'd recommend watching Berke's tear down:

The key thing from this whole cherade, though, and the reason I think it took so long to get to, is that Nadler was laying down the rule changes to prevent future stone-walling because the response from Republicans when this happened was sheer chaos, but they can not do it again. Don't be surprised if other witnesses now entirely chicken out of every appearing, and may need to be fined repeatedly to attend.

Imagine this guy with Kavanaugh, Brett would have had real tears and likely not on the bench.

Crazy that CNN is running an article that the headline makes it look like Lewandowski won the day.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. They want Warren.

Oh?

But Warren has recovered from that initial stumble, and steadily gained ground in the Democratic primary. And now Republicans are wondering why there is so little critical coverage of the senator and why the stories out there are making next to no dent.

"We all push out the bad Warren stories but they don't go very far," one Republican strategist said.

The frustration Republicans are beginning to feel about Warren's non-stick nature was picked up repeatedly in interviews with 10 Republicans, including Trump campaign and White House officials, associates of the president, and other GOP operatives with knowledge of the situation. These sources stressed that the anti-Warren effort within GOP circles hadn't fallen off since the DNA snafu. Indeed, everyone from officials on Trump's 2020 re-election campaign, to the Republican National Committee, to a select group of opposition researchers have been sifting through her record in search of vulnerabilities. But with few punches landing, the worry is that Trump may have already taken his best shot, and that Warren will end up looking increasingly formidable for having bounced back.

A year later, they're not laughing her off. In recent months, senior Trump campaign officials have increasingly discussed Warren as a growing threat, in large part because of the enthusiasm they believe she can inspire on the progressive left, and her improving poll numbers in the primary, two knowledgeable sources say. The president of the United States appears to be taking her candidacy more seriously, as well.

According to three people who have spoken to Trump about Warren over the past two months, the president has specifically highlighted what he views as her surprising political and populist talents during the Democratic primary, and has told multiple advisers and associates that he hears she could be "tougher" in a general election than many initially expected. One of these sources said Trump asked the room if they thought Warren was a "fighter."

Oct 25, 2017

I've made a lot of bad guesses about the way this primary round would turn out over the past ten months or so, but if there was anything I called incorrectly that I am incredibly happy to be proven wrong about- it's the thought that Warren wouldn't be able to recover from the DNA test. She's done a remarkable job building herself back up since then.

Desperately hoping she wins the 2020 Democratic Primary.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
That was 30 minutes of the grim reaper slowly revealing himself. These motherfuckers are so obviously lying its hilarious, and then sad that half the country believes them.

Watching that smarmy, smirking liar squirm was entertaining. Watch how fast he drains that water bottle when he can't control the narrative.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

FORT WORTH - The Fort Worth ISD board on Tuesday officially fired the high school teacher who made anti-illegal immigrant posts on social media.

The board voted 8-0 to fire Carter-Riverside High School teacher Georgia Clark at a specially called meeting.

Clark had been suspended after tweeting President Donald Trump and asking him to "remove the illegals from Fort Worth." The decision went against the recommendation from an investigation that concluded the board didn't have the evidence to fire her.

Effective Tuesday, Clark was terminated and no longer works for the district. She had been on paid administrative leave for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.