• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, just harvesting bright orange pumpkins before we carve faces into them with dull knives and leave these bodiless heads on our front porches as a warning to future guests, why do you ask?

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on CNN but can't find the confirmation online. It appears as though Gordon Sondland gave his documents to the state department. So I doubt he's going to be all that cooperative in his deposition.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Prue was the best Charmed sister, thank you.
PIPER-piper-halliwell-27010145-245-184.gif

All the worst opinions.

Ms. Warren is making a concerted effort to build relationships with black leaders.

"Every couple of weeks, she'll call just out of nowhere," said the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has yet to endorse a candidate. When Mr. Sharpton became a grandfather late last year, Ms. Warren was quick to offer congratulations. And last month, when Mr. Sharpton received an award and gave a speech at the annual Congressional Black Caucus Foundation dinner in Washington, he immediately received a text from Ms. Warren.

"She's the only one that does that," he said. "Friends of mine didn't text."
Ms. Warren also has a powerful partner for her debt cancellation plan, which is being sponsored in the House by Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, the majority whip and the highest-ranking African-American in Congress. On Wednesday, she will join Mr. Clyburn at a town hall on student debt at his alma mater, South Carolina State University, a historically black college in Orangeburg.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Incoming tweet:

"2nd so called whistleblower says they were in the room watching me commit the crimes I already admitted to. Don't listen. Another Angry Democrat. Fake News!"

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden's campaign issued a memo to reporters that outlined a new strategy for dealing with President Trump's attacks on Biden and his son Hunter Biden. The memo says the campaign plans to "focus on the issues that impact people's lives while simultaneously hammering Donald Trump for his unprecedented abuse of power and correcting the record on the mountain of lies Trump and his allies continue to spread about Joe Biden."
It seems kind of weird to telegraph your strategy directly to reporters.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
the good part of the second whistleblower is that it couid help to disrupt their "repeat message until enough rep and indies believe it" strategy

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
these subpoenas for documents are weird. How do you make sure they gave you everything? "Yup, that's every call transcript, you can trust us!"

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017
well, in some cases you have information from other sources so you can catch them in a lie.

next talking point, courtesy of Rubio...

The classic school yard bully defence from third grade, "I was only joking!". A shame for mob bosses that they haven't thought about that "get out of jail, free" card before. They'd be untouchable.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
If Joe Biden thought he could have beaten Hillary Clinton, he would have run.
Hillary's association with Obama was a positive, but she had considerable cache with the Democratic base outside of that.
---

Anyway, the Times article has a cash on hand figure for Sanders. So we can work out rough spend and burn rate for the Q, for a few candidates.

Sanders also transferred another $2.6 million. Warren didn't say, but her Senate account is basically tapped out ($300K cash remaining), so I'm going to assume zero for this.

Harris has another $1.3M left she could have transferred, but I'll also assume zero for now. Her cash on hand was said to be "nearly $10M" but being generous we'll just say $10M.

Q2 + Q3 Raised + Q3 Transfers - Q3 Spent = Q3 Cash on hand

Sanders:
$27.3M + $25.3M + $2.6M - $21.5M = $33.7M
Burn rate = $21.5M / $25.3M = 85%

Warren:
$19.8M + $24.6M - $18.7M = $25.7M
Burn rate = $18.7M / $24.6M = 76%

Harris:
$13.3M + $11.6M - $14.9M = $10M
Burn rate = $14.9M / $11.6M = 128%
If Harris did transfer, let's say $1M from her Senate account her burn rate would be more like 137%.

Yang:
$0.85M + $10M - $4.55M = $6.3M
Burn rate = $4.55M / $10M = 45%

Williamson:
$0.55M + $3.1M - $3M = $0.65M
Burn rate = $3M / $3.1M = 97%
So, finished reading the NYT Biden donor article.
A few observations.

Having entered the race with access to Obama 2008 and 2012 email lists... his donors are making excuses about Warren and Sanders starting their campaigns a few months before, to justify the terrible state of his online donations.

Also this stuck out to me as laughable:

Every single GOP candidate in 2016 was running against Hillary Clinton; Russia was running against Hillary Clinton, lol.
The GOP had basically been running against Hillary Clinton for 30 years.

Also, when I first read this I thought they meant $5M total:

But looking at his FEC filings, he only had cash on hand from his first quarter of fundraising of $10.9M.

He spent $11.1M over two months, so if he kept the same level of expenditure, it would be in the realm of $16.7M this quarter.

So if I were to stab in the dark back of the envelope:
Q2 + Q3 Raised - Q3 Spent = Q3 Cash on hand
$10.9M + $15.2M - $16.7M = $9.4M
Burn rate = 110%

If he spent more line with Warren, let's say $18M
$10.9M + $15.2M - $18M = $8.1M
Burn rate = 118%

Kind of wondering if it's plausible that... Joe Biden's campaign might run out of money????
Or he's going to need to scale back?
Or he's basically going to need to spend all his time at fundraisers?

Notably of the $22 million Biden raised in his first filing... $7.9M was from maxed out donors.
Thanks for doing these calcs. As an accountant, I love this shit. Not looking good for Harris and Biden.

Chuck Todd continuing to own the GOP is pretty sad.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The talking point doesn't even make sense.

So him asking Ukraine to investigate Biden makes sense and is fine for him to do, but him asking China to do the same thing, and he literally mentioned Ukraine investigating Biden again in the same exact statement, is a joke.

Uhh...okay.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to make sense. It has to make you forget, even for a moment, that he committed impeachable crimes on national television.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017

So him asking Ukraine to investigate Biden makes sense and is fine for him to do, but him asking China to do the same thing, and he literally mentioned Ukraine investigating Biden again in the same exact statement, is a joke.

Uhh...okay.

Same excuse with "Russia, if you're listening..." in 2016

People allowed him to get away with that ever since, so the GOP is just going back to formula here.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Uhh...okay.

They can't form a cohesive defense for once and it's glorious.

Also, "multiple" whistleblowers makes me think more than 2. Hey, NSC, he announced he's gonna fire most of you so you might as well spill the beans.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
They can't form a cohesive defense for once and it's glorious.

Also, "multiple" whistleblowers makes me think more than 2. Hey, NSC, he announced he's gonna fire most of you so you might as well spill the beans.

Mooch maybe got lucky but I'd like to think that he had the heads up when he made this tweet last Sunday:

Standby there are more whistleblowers.

And I always took it from that tweet that it will eventually be >>> 2.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It could just be 2 because original + new = multiple

also, certainly in SC, but "strong" is doing a lot of work in the Wisconsin poll. Warren and even Bernie is very close.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Directors of boards of election in Mahoning and Trumbull counties say they expect about one out of every four registered voters to cast a ballot in the upcoming general election.

"I'm hoping to get 25 percent" turnout, said Joyce Kale-Pesta, Mahoning's elections director. "There's not a lot of interest in the county in this election. It's always disappointing to expect low turnout. We spend all year working to get people to vote and they don't do it. Local elections impact people more than the state and federal elections. But people don't come out for them."

The few, the proud, the 25%. Already have my ballot request mailed in.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, why is Steyer still in it? Wasn't impeachment his whole deal? Is he just like one of those "doesn't count until there's actually a vote" types or what?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
When it was 9 or 10 months out, sure, but in November we still have these 2% also-rans wasting time on the debate stage? We should be down to 5 maximum already, never mind November.

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017
Where is the #resistance? Does anyone know if there any protests being planned? Any kind of mass mobilization?

Peaceful demonstrations regarding foreign meddling in US elections are a good idea.

You need some footwork to make it worth while though. Get some people from Congress to speak (and have them keep it focused), then get the media there because you have people from Congress speaking (continuing to drive the narrative of Trump's crimes).

Then you hope for the best (Trump hissy tweeting something that further incriminates him).

Status
Not open for further replies.