• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Telling a foreign power he doesn't care if they interfere in the election? Impeachable. Fucking awful. As bad as anything we heard already this week.

Oct 26, 2017

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

NEW: Trump told Russian officials in 2017 oval meeting that he wasn't concerned about their 2016 election interference because the US does it as well. It prompted a lockdown of documents describing call. W/@shaneharris & @nakashimae: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-told-russian-officials-in-2017-he-wasnt-concerned-about-moscows-interference-in-us-election/2019/09/27/b20a8bc8-e159-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html#click=https://t.co/iveBrMjERi …

8:31 PM - Sep 27, 2019

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT????

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Release. The. Transcripts.

Of course, this was the same meeting where he gave up confidential information to the Russians and said that Comey was off his back.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
It's the like good old days of 80 years ago when we would get Friday Evening Oppo Droppo

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What's crazy is that I remember there being a "transcript" released of the conversations, and if I remember right, he heavily implied that he fired Comey because of the Russia stuff.

But this bit was mysteriously omitted?

less

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is going to have one hell of a bad month. Maybe more if we are lucky.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know what, I'm sorry. I am like 90% convinced at this point he totally wants to be convicted. It's his exit ramp from this nightmare. He never wanted to be President. But he has too much of an ego to ever quit. I think he thinks he's going to lose in 2020, or he's at the very least absolutely terrified of it. You can't tell me he wouldn't prefer to be impeached and then removed by the GOP. Then, he can set up his news network and rail against the "elites" and the "ESTABLISHMENT" and go around and get his sycophants to come to random rallies and cheer for him.

I am like 90% on board with this at this point.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know what it is... I am just popping off at how egregious it is and the fucking audacity on him.

Oct 26, 2017
You know what, I'm sorry. I am like 90% convinced at this point he totally wants to be convicted. It's his exit ramp from this nightmare. He never wanted to be President. But he has too much of an ego to ever quit. I think he thinks he's going to lose in 2020, or he's at the very least absolutely terrified of it. You can't tell me he wouldn't prefer to be impeached and then removed by the GOP. Then, he can set up his news network and rail against the "elites" and the "ESTABLISHMENT" and go around and get his sycophants to come to random rallies and cheer for him.

I think at this point he would declare bankruptcy and run.

Except he cant run from this

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

NEW: Trump told Russian officials in 2017 oval meeting that he wasn't concerned about their 2016 election interference because the US does it as well. It prompted a lockdown of documents describing call. W/@shaneharris & @nakashimae: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-told-russian-officials-in-2017-he-wasnt-concerned-about-moscows-interference-in-us-election/2019/09/27/b20a8bc8-e159-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html#click=https://t.co/iveBrMjERi …

hooooooooooooooly shit

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

When it rains it POURS.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow's interference in the U.S. election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the day before had relieved "great pressure" on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to all but a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president's comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who requested anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

The same meeting where he exposed an intelligence source, lovely. Feels like years ago at this point. Let's hope the drip drip keeps on coming.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, he's made such a good case for his own removal to everyone but the lunatic minority that I don't see how Senate Republicans survive this in 2020 at all.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We are at the point there is so much dirt being dumped right now that seems big that i worry the investigation wont acknowledge them for fear of confusing their once simple Ukraine message.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So is all this stuff coming out now because people who had previously not disclosed this to the media are emboldened?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The great thing about Amodei is that Republicans are stupid enough to fall for his non denial statement.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So is all this stuff coming out now because people who had previously not disclosed this to the media are emboldened?
The whistleblower started it and with the impeachment announcement, WH officials probably feel that its inevitable this shit gets out sooner rather than later. They probably see signs on the wall that there is a ticking clock on Trump and now they don't really have to fear for their jobs anymore... because they are about to be relieved of their duties anyway.

Oct 25, 2017

He can't finish a sentence. You give him way too much credit

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More like they see the real threat of Impeachment, see Rudy getting set us asa fall guy, and not wanting to be the Scooter Libby of this affair, are trying to position themselves as witnesses and get legal protection should they need it.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo

I had heard that Ayanna Pressley was doing some sort of formal recommendation for impeachment so maybe this has something to do with that?

Oct 27, 2017
First page is nothing but Rudy and luke-warm takes. I expect a lot better from you folks, going forward.

Edit: I can't even take a crap these days without coming back to Trump's treason being dropped like a whole fucking Payless on Republican heads.

What a fucking week

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Possibly that. Possibly they think this is going to come out because we may get access to this more secure server. Some of them are probably just wanting to protect their own ass. Some because they can read the room and know this shit is going to pop off and they wanna be as far away from it as humanly possible.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This honestly disturbs me far more than Ukraine the more I think about it.

Trump told Russia he didn't care that they fucked with the election.

Right now, Mitch McConnell is STILL holding up house passed bills aimed to protect our elections from further such interference. RIGHT. NOW.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity I wanted to see what Fox was doing in reaction to this news.

Dan bongino was talking to tucker about Hillary.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

No he doesn't want to quit. He wants to keep enriching himself through emoluments from his various properties, free taxfunded trips to his golf resorts and basically do nothing and watch Fox news all day. Why would he want to stop that? All Democrats and news media is doing is distracting him from that good life.

Status
Not open for further replies.