• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The Kurds didn't prevent 9/11. Neither did the Democrats for that matter.
Trump's Saudi friends have expressed disappointment to him often on this point.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the fuck to say to this. Like my god these words are just the shit icing on this shit cake that is being served.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 100% convinced that Putin is attempting to get everything he wants out of Trump now that the impeachment is in the ether and he's running down the list, or else the Kompromat gets released.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing stopping the US from electing another Trump. US foreign relations are super fucked.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% convinced that Putin is attempting to get everything he wants out of Trump now that the impeachment is in the ether and he's running down the list, or else the Kompromat gets released.
This very much feels like the Nixon speedrun going even faster now that there's a threat to his Presidency.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I wonder if he'll just release everything once Trump is out of office... Just to fuck with the US a little more.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Dude

What if Putin told Tulsi to say what she said today just to bake in the division a bit more

That can't be plausible can it?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
You could line a wall with pages from a calendar ranging from Trump's inauguration on up to today, put a blindfold on, throw a dart at the wall and it would probably land on a day where Trump did or said something that would completely fucking ruin any other politician.
It's because he's the first president we've ever had who's not a politician, but a cult of personality. Totally different rules.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
So what other horrible things does Putin want that Trump could give him? Leaving NATO?
That's just a tad too egregious and would get him removed immediately. He'll probably do his best to weaken our relationship with NATO, though, including withdrawing all or nearly all of our NATO contributions.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Graham really is a neocon so that when he goes to sleep tonight, he does so knowing the United States is impotent, toothless and weak. God knows it will bother him more than allies dying from his direct action and inaction.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Yup, going to be rolling my eyes out of my sockets in the coming years when dumbass Republicans act shocked that Trump was a Putin agent. Fucking everyone knew during the 2016 election that was paying attention. I'm going to point that out and suggest to these people that they should stop voting because they treat politics like sports ball.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Yup, going to be rolling my eyes out of my sockets in the coming years when dumbass Republicans act shocked that Trump was a Putin agent. Fucking everyone knew during the 2016 election that was paying attention. I'm going to point that out and suggest to these people that they should stop voting because they treat politics like sports ball.
They know. They just don't care.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Excuse me, we've all committed vehicular homicide?
I think he's saying we've all accidentally driven on the wrong side of the road. I have only briefly done that once when I was young and took a turn too tightly but I immediately pulled over and turned around. Regardless, it's insane to say that it's ok to flee a foreign country after accidentally killing somebody.

Apple

Oct 27, 2017
There is nothing stopping the US from electing another Trump. US foreign relations are super fucked.

The biggest thing I want from Democrats if they ever find themselves in power again isn't healthcare reform, isn't tax reform, it's fixing our god damned democracy.

If they don't focus entirely on some serious fucking electoral reform (gerrymandering/campaign financing/lobbying), demanding truth in media, the regulation of social media companies, cementing 'norms' with laws that have enforceable consequences, completely redefining the justice department's relationship with the executive, reforming the structure of the supreme court, etc., then there's no fucking point to anything they do because Republicans will be able to continue throwing sand in the eyes of the general public with their information warfare machine, get reelected using the limitless resources of foreign and domestic oligarchs, and destroy any progress that's done over and over and over again.

And the thing is, all of those things that I listed are actually extremely popular among democrats, independs, and republicans. The vast majority of americans want a better democracy.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
The biggest thing I want from Democrats if they ever find themselves in power again isn't healthcare reform, isn't tax reform, it's fixing our god damned democracy.

If they don't focus entirely on some serious fucking electoral reform (gerrymandering/campaign financing/lobbying), demanding truth in media, the regulation of social media companies, cementing 'norms' with laws that have enforceable consequences, completely redefining the justice department's relationship with the executive, reforming the structure of the supreme court, etc., then there's no fucking point to anything they do because Republicans will be able to continue throwing sand in the eyes of the general public with their information warfare machine, get reelected using the limitless resources of foreign and domestic oligarchs, and destroy any progress that's done over and over and over again.

And the thing is, all of those things that I listed are actually extremely popular among democrats, independs, and republicans. The vast majority of americans want a better democracy.
HR1 would solve so much. Hopefully Dems actually put it into law when they take power again. But then I remember how many times the GOP voted to repeal the ACA under Obama only to fail once they had a President who would actually sign it into law.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

She's got a plan for that

Elizabeth Warren's anti-corruption plan: her first priority if elected

She's got a plan for that too

For the People Act of 2019

Feb 14, 2018
How does the next president respond to this catastrophe without breaking our alliance with Turkey?

Putin will get his wish. NATO will be weaker because of this.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
If a Democrat is elected President in 2020 but does not win a Senate majority, would they even be able to get cabinet members installed?

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I think he's saying we've all accidentally driven on the wrong side of the road. I have only briefly done that once when I was young and took a turn too tightly but I immediately pulled over and turned around. Regardless, it's insane to say that it's ok to flee a foreign country after accidentally killing somebody.
You have to assume one or more aides stressed the importance of not trying to defend her, if asked about the incident. Yet he does does defend her, and in the most dumbass way possible. You know that's the first thing that entered his brain when he heard the news (meaning when saw it in a Fox News segment). And instead of thinking about it for two seconds, he goes and makes an international incident that much worse. Because of course he does.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's actions in Syria have also completely destroyed their/his messaging on impeachment without serving to do any 'distracting' on US-centered news all over the airwaves, ceding all discussion to Pelosi and her chairmen. Every GOP member appears to literally be in hiding today aside from some admonishing remarks against Trump's actions in Syria.

He's basically made himself indefensible for several days going forward which just results in everyone, even Fox News, focusing on impeachment with no talking points aside from "guilty as fuck". The talking points letter to Pelosi has been the butt-end of all jokes, so to speak, all day today as I have checked on my feed and the news. No one is buying it and, worse, no one is defending it.

If a Democrat is elected President in 2020 but does not win a Senate majority, would they even be able to get cabinet members installed?

High likelihood a lot of Republicans are going to keep their heads down in the transition to try and clean up their records because after Trump, the cabal will disintegrate and splinter and they'll not have a centralized "message" to rally behind for a while, and even if they tried to stonewall the D-President could literally just "acting" everything as Trump. But more critically there's no figure to fill in the current role of Trump and is the main problem with these populist concetrations. As Chaplin put it, "so long as men die, liberty will never perish".

When Trump is dead and/or out of power and/or in prison, his fanatical cult will shatter and the party of the GOP will be dust in the wind.

This is partly why I think Romney's the most likely defector, he's the only one with any clout/general immunity in his seat.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is tweeting bragging that only 25% of people support impeachment.

Turns out that he's referencing a Washington Post poll that had 25% of Republicans supporting impeachment. Whoops!

I didn't catch this before but... 25% of Republicans already being pro-impeachment is disastrous for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.